Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

• I`m genuinely concerned and have started to make plans.

• Nothing to worry about , carry on as normal .

• I`ll be staying out of circulation until it dies down.

• I`ve cancelled all travel plans.

• Panic Panic Panic , we are all going to die .

• Time to stock pile food and water .

• I trust the British government to take care of everything.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm not bothered by it. Perhaps as both my wife and I still have to work (nurse/prison officer) having the decision to self isolate removed makes it easier. It's essentially out of my control if we are exposed to it and I don't worry about things I can't control.

Also on the plus side my drive to work is clear and currently prisoners are banged up 23 and a half hours a day so work is easy at the moment. Every cloud has a silver lining and all that!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well LR junior is worried about occasional bouts of coughing, which I’ve had for years and which I think are lately psychosomatic, but linked to high blood pressure, but not overly so. Now the Hayfever season is starting as confirmed on GMB this morning. My cough is not new, I have no temperature, but my sinuses have been blasted again this winter and I’ve had one cold after another. Still I have face masks I got yonks ago so still going to cut the Lawn later today. Walk the dog twice a day and over here the message has sunk in, there’s hardly anyone about. So If it happens, it happens. I’m taking all sensible precautions and dog owners regularly wash their hands, because they must But I can’t be held hostage to fear. Moreover Borders were not closed for SARS.

My colleagues and I were frequently exposed to POAO at borders ranging from freshly killed monkeys to the usual oriental cuscus and African dried fish. No one working in that environment doesn’t feel the need to scrub after finishing.

I'm not bothered by it. Perhaps as both my wife and I still have to work (nurse/prison officer) having the decision to self isolate removed makes it easier. It's essentially out of my control if we are exposed to it and I don't worry about things I can't control.

Also on the plus side my drive to work is clear and currently prisoners are banged up 23 and a half hours a day so work is easy at the moment. Every cloud has a silver lining and all that!

You should let them out more - it might reduce the prison population... drastically.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Show some sense Truxx, stay away. If he karks it offer to go around and torch the corpse.
Otherwise do the right thing and stay at home watching the telly.

you can't be too careful you know?
Behave, have you met Ravers' Mrs, she's got a cracking pair of norks, you'd be a fool not to go round to console the widow!

Behave, have you met Ravers' Mrs, she's got a cracking pair of norks, you'd be a fool not to go round to console the widow!
You can't say that kind of thing without posting photos of said norks, there should be rules enforcing that kind of thing

Truxx

LE
Update

We’ve completed the charter and have 90 people on the flight. Leaving tomorrow afternoon if the plan finally comes off.

Boots no longer available:)
Tomorrow afternoon? Still loads of time for it to go to rats*t so keep those
I think I did meet the pair of them (ravers plus one) but I only have eyes for Mrs Truxx..

You should let them out more - it might reduce the prison population... drastically.
TBF they appear to be far more pragmatic about than the general public so far. We took a tough stance on day 1 educating prisoners that felt the regime was too tough and they would not comply with orders.

It seems their screams and crys as they departed for segregation sent out the message not to mess around.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Still fucked. Very rough night. Feels like some **** stabbed me in the back of the throat with a BBQ fork that was on fire.

Hands off my missus’s norks.

I think I did meet the pair of them (ravers plus one) but I only have eyes for Mrs Truxx..
Does she read this thread?

Still fucked. Very rough night. Feels like some **** stabbed me in the back of the throat with a BBQ fork that was on fire.

In case you succumb to Coronavirus, how big are her norks (asking for a friend)

Is everyone's Facebook news feed full of parents showing how great they are at entertaining the kids? Tents in the gardens, tents in their bedrooms (if they don't have gardens) Nerf gun games, handwritten school/learning schedules etc?
I give it another few days before the parents start dishing out some back handers in frustration and demanding the schools reopen or the little bastards are allowed to play outside.

Well have another, this one was 18 years old

For the past few weeks he’s been posting on this, and he doesn’t see it as a problem as much as some of us do, and I doubt anything will change his mind.

And even this morning apparently someone from Imperial who did the modelling which caused the government to perform their U-turn said a third of the deaths will be young people.

Truxx

LE

A mate of mine at sandhurst was ex para and felt a bit rough one day so he wrapped himself in lots of gear, including his waterproofs, and took himself off for a long fast run in order to sweat it out.

He was scraped off the side of the A30 after collapsing and rushed to hospital where he spent the next week or so in intensive care. The cold/flu he thought he had was in fact meningitis and it very nearly killed him.

So take great care. Do not be a big girls blouse but at the same time if things persist or worsen call 111.

Last edited:
A mate of mine at sandhurst was ex para and felt a bit rough one day so he wrapped himself in lots of gear, including his watrproofs, and took himself off for a long fast run in order to sweat it out.

He was scraped off the side of the A30 after collapsing and rushed to hospital where he spent the next week or so in intensive care. The cold/flu he thought he had was in fact meningitis and it very nearly killed him.
The ******* biff.

It would appear the Spanish government has gone back on one promise, the moratorium on income tax returns which they originally hinted would not take place until next year.
It's now just going to be a delay until the end of the lockdown period (currently until April 12th) and then back to normal unless the "state of alarm" period is increased.
As that's normally the time tax returns go in it won't make much difference.

On the plus side, one of the largest employers, El Corte Ingles which is a huge department store chain throughout Spain that has closed down all its stores except the food departments, has given all its employees a "temporary cessation of employment" status. This isn't sacking them, simply sending them off but guaranteeing their pay will be made up to 100% of what they were getting. If the government comes through with its 80% of wage promise, then El Corte Ingles will top it up to the 100% for the duration of the lockdown. All employees have been told they will be able to return to work when it gets back to normal. Media Markt (bit like Currys/PCWorld) has done the same thing.
From El Mundo
The department store group says it will complement the benefits employees receive (and paid by the state) to ensure that the 22,000 affected employees receive their entire salary.

An ERTE is a temporary suspension from employment, not a termination of employment. The workers are not fired, but are sent home and receive from the company until the day the ERTE begins. From now on, they will collect the provision of the Public State Employment Service (SEPE) for the emergency plan approved by the Government.

When the state of alarm is lifted, ERTE will stop and these workers will join their positions and the company will continue to pay their payroll (SEPE will no longer do so).
The launch of an Erte includes a commitment by the company not to fire.

It'll be the bar and restaurant workers who will suffer the most. Quite poorly paid and get most of their income from tourist tipping (Spanish not into it so much) but will only get 80% of the pay not including tips. Some bars and restaurants on the coast get over three quarters of their annual income in Jul to Sep and work their butts off for those 3 months. If this keeps up over that time there'll be a hell of a lot going to the wall. Not to mention the amount they'll lose over the Easter period.

Oh, and clocks go forward an hour this weekend. One less hour of lockdown restrictions.
I know quite a few Hotel workers down Sorento way. Work like slaves from April until October 06:00 until 23/24:00. Most are under 30 and after working most go for a 2 ,3 month holiday to Auz or the USA . As you say paid minimum and live off tips.
Friend in the UK has a high end B&B . She is closed until June at the moment . All bookings cancelled.

Latest Threads