Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

• I`m genuinely concerned and have started to make plans.

• Nothing to worry about , carry on as normal .

• I`ll be staying out of circulation until it dies down.

• I`ve cancelled all travel plans.

• Panic Panic Panic , we are all going to die .

• Time to stock pile food and water .

• I trust the British government to take care of everything.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Right this is ******* honking now.

I’ve been fairly fine all day. Cough still a pain but generally better than yesterday.

Sat down to watch a movie this evening and now my lungs feel like they’re about half the size as normal and full of broken glass.

Coughing has massively ramped up. Struggling to speak.

It’s literally just hit me in the last hour or so.
If you’ve been self-isolating with symptoms for the past seven days you need to get yourself an ambulance mate.
E2A:- Sorry, actually I think the next stage is call 111. But get doing something. A friend was hospitalised this morning after self-isolating for a week but she’d already been tested positive. The symptom which got her to make the 999 call was sudden severe shortness of breath. Nasty.

Last edited:
and still the mongness carries on
Visited ASDA this morning , no queues when we went in , but when we'd finished after about 15 minutes, they were one in one out , at last something sensible happening
So why the feck would you roll up at 10 o'clock , with your husband/partner , bidey in (it's Jockanese for a live in lover apparently), and 3 kids about 9 7 and 3, and wait until 5 people come out the fecking shop , holding the line up for everyone else
He could have sat in the ******* car with the damn kids ….. no doubt they emptied the shelves of pot noodles and ready meals

inconsiderate twats

I’ve been fairly fine all day. Cough still a pain but generally better than yesterday.

Sat down to watch a movie this evening and now my lungs feel like they’re about half the size as normal and full of broken glass.

Have you tried some man the **** up pills?

Well have another, this one was 18 years old

Interesting but not another link to healthy young people dying. It's projections of what might happen. The 18 year old in that report died on Sunday which means that is almost certainly the same one in a previous link who had an underlying health condition - https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/coronavirus-how-concerned-are-you.298576/page-82#post-9915875

Interesting but not another link to healthy young people dying. It's projections of what might happen. The 18 year old in that report died on Sunday which means that is almost certainly the same one in a previous link who had an underlying health condition - https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/coronavirus-how-concerned-are-you.298576/page-82#post-9915875
Still a death though, and not everyone knows they have health problems especially when they are young.

TheAssassin

War Hero
and still the mongness carries on
Visited ASDA this morning , no queues when we went in , but when we'd finished after about 15 minutes, they were one in one out , at last something sensible happening
So why the feck would you roll up at 10 o'clock , with your husband/partner , bidey in (it's Jockanese for a live in lover apparently), and 3 kids about 9 7 and 3, and wait until 5 people come out the fecking shop , holding the line up for everyone else
He could have sat in the ******* car with the damn kids ….. no doubt they emptied the shelves of pot noodles and ready meals

inconsiderate twats
ASDA? you deserve everything that is coming to you

Just to keep you all appraised, I’m changing my vote in the poll from,
Nothing to worry about , carry on as normal.
to,
I`ve cancelled all travel plans.

Timely and appropriately judged action I’m sure you’ll agree.

Still a death though, and not everyone knows they have health problems especially when they are young.
True. If we do end up with 20,000 deaths across the country (most recent estimate I saw for the lockdown as it currently is) then I wouldn't be surprised to see at least a couple of dozen perfectly healthy young people die. That hasn't happened yet though.

Cheers for that link, they included a link to the Imperial modelling report - https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/medicine/sph/ide/gida-fellowships/Imperial-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf. I'm going to spend a bit of time tomorrow reading through that with fresh eyes and trying to make sense of what all the coloured lines mean.

Got to admit I'm more nervous about it than I was a few weeks ago, especially now it's reached the point I've actually been made to work from home which I never thought would happen. I'm pretty well hunkered down though with everything me and the Mrs need. Next thing is just waiting out on any taskings from my reserve unit which may see me more exposed to it.

My thoughts are with you and your family (not because of Covid-19, but because you are in Fort Lewis).
The views are awesome, and helocasting on American Lake has always been fun... It is Roy or Yelm you don't want to live in, unless you are a lover of melodies of artillery fire.

Why is an off license considered an essential shop?! Since when has alcohol been considered an essential?
What do you suppose will happen when all the functional and even non-functional alcoholics go into withdrawal, eh, where else are you going to get your alternative hand sanitizer in a convenient sized package?

Call the NHS - you know it makes sense, I do hope you get better.

We now have a 'State of Emergency' here in Thailand, these are the measures announced today:

3577705.jpg

Wife still travelling to Ubon next week to visit family and I'm still going to Bangkok on Monday to submit application for a new passport (Australian Embassy).

Sky news just reported flights are still coming in from Madrid today, beggars belief.

Truxx

LE
Show some sense Truxx, stay away. If he karks it offer to go around and torch the corpse.
Otherwise do the right thing and stay at home watching the telly.

you can't be too careful you know?
Obviously there are about 4 pages of Terms and Conditions to go with that offer......

I note from the BBC that just as the Government unveils packages to ease financial stress the Banks kick in to make a buck or two, Just like in the Banking crisis. It seems the Banks are to make the loans- guaranteed by the Government-conditional to the usual norms. So if a business fails the owners are likely to be homeless or subject to repossession orders even though they'll be insured ( the Banks) by the Government. But at least you can save yourself the hurt of applying for the AIUI two tiered grant system through local councils. Fwightfully good whizz

Latest Threads