Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

• I`m genuinely concerned and have started to make plans.

• Nothing to worry about , carry on as normal .

• I`ll be staying out of circulation until it dies down.

• I`ve cancelled all travel plans.

• Panic Panic Panic , we are all going to die .

• Time to stock pile food and water .

• I trust the British government to take care of everything.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mufulira

Old-Salt
Ask Boris.
Our Canuck premier has announced Gov't liquor stores are essential -- we are 1/3 total Cdn population in Ontario and to cut us off our regular dose of booze would cause rioting in the streets and a great deal of disobedience as well -- the Income from said gov't store is a huge part of tax income for Gov't

'Pretty much safe' still seems to be a good description. This is the first reliable link I've seen to a young healthy person dying.
Let's just say that the figures are being fudged on death certificates. Dr today had a row about why he put Covid 19 as cause of death and not the underlying health issue.

Doctor stuck to his guns. Fair play ay to the guy.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Right this is ******* honking now.

I’ve been fairly fine all day. Cough still a pain but generally better than yesterday.

Sat down to watch a movie this evening and now my lungs feel like they’re about half the size as normal and full of broken glass.

Coughing has massively ramped up. Struggling to speak.

It’s literally just hit me in the last hour or so.

I’ve been fairly fine all day. Cough still a pain but generally better than yesterday.

Sat down to watch a movie this evening and now my lungs feel like they’re about half the size as normal and full of broken glass.

You're a Gonner mate.
You know that ten grand and a go on your Mrs you owe me.....I want to cash it in ASAP.

Let's just say that the figures are being fudged on death certificates. Dr today had a row about why he put Covid 19 as cause of death and not the underlying health issue.

Doctor stuck to his guns. Fair play ay to the guy.
You're missing my point. In that situation the cause of death probably should be COVID-19 but that person had underlying health issues.

The link Stacker posted is the first reliable report I have seen (as opposed to being told that reports exist) of a young healthy person with no underlying issues or in an 'at risk group' dying.

You're missing my point. In that situation the cause of death probably should be COVID-19 but that person had underlying health issues.

The link Stacker posted is the first reliable report I have seen (as opposed to being told that reports exist) of a young healthy person with no underlying issues or in an 'at risk group' dying.
Ahhhh... Sorry mate. Not so much as missed but put it in row Z.
Doh.

TheAssassin

War Hero

Is the horse OK though?

I know it doesn't sound like much but do you have any cough medicine knocking around? It does help easing the cough.

Joking apart @Ravers , report in to the medical system. ARRSE needs you!

Can I take over as Kit Review and claim all that free shit you get?

Truxx

LE

If you need anything or anything doing just shout.

If its the same cold as I had last week I could barely speak for about 36 hours.

If you have a fever though you are probably fucked, good luck dude.

It would appear the Spanish government has gone back on one promise, the moratorium on income tax returns which they originally hinted would not take place until next year.
It's now just going to be a delay until the end of the lockdown period (currently until April 12th) and then back to normal unless the "state of alarm" period is increased.
As that's normally the time tax returns go in it won't make much difference.

On the plus side, one of the largest employers, El Corte Ingles which is a huge department store chain throughout Spain that has closed down all its stores except the food departments, has given all its employees a "temporary cessation of employment" status. This isn't sacking them, simply sending them off but guaranteeing their pay will be made up to 100% of what they were getting. If the government comes through with its 80% of wage promise, then El Corte Ingles will top it up to the 100% for the duration of the lockdown. All employees have been told they will be able to return to work when it gets back to normal. Media Markt (bit like Currys/PCWorld) has done the same thing.
From El Mundo
The department store group says it will complement the benefits employees receive (and paid by the state) to ensure that the 22,000 affected employees receive their entire salary.

An ERTE is a temporary suspension from employment, not a termination of employment. The workers are not fired, but are sent home and receive from the company until the day the ERTE begins. From now on, they will collect the provision of the Public State Employment Service (SEPE) for the emergency plan approved by the Government.

When the state of alarm is lifted, ERTE will stop and these workers will join their positions and the company will continue to pay their payroll (SEPE will no longer do so).
The launch of an Erte includes a commitment by the company not to fire.

It'll be the bar and restaurant workers who will suffer the most. Quite poorly paid and get most of their income from tourist tipping (Spanish not into it so much) but will only get 80% of the pay not including tips. Some bars and restaurants on the coast get over three quarters of their annual income in Jul to Sep and work their butts off for those 3 months. If this keeps up over that time there'll be a hell of a lot going to the wall. Not to mention the amount they'll lose over the Easter period.

Oh, and clocks go forward an hour this weekend. One less hour of lockdown restrictions.

Last edited:
If you need anything or anything doing just shout.

Show some sense Truxx, stay away. If he karks it offer to go around and torch the corpse.
Otherwise do the right thing and stay at home watching the telly.

you can't be too careful you know?

Get some assistance now. You may be a cnut but you're our cnut so keep safe.
Get better soon and then you can say it's something else you beat.

Latest Threads