Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

• I`m genuinely concerned and have started to make plans.

• Nothing to worry about , carry on as normal .

• I`ll be staying out of circulation until it dies down.

• I`ve cancelled all travel plans.

• Panic Panic Panic , we are all going to die .

• Time to stock pile food and water .

• I trust the British government to take care of everything.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Warning of the fundamental changes to our way of life that is likely to bring; that the evidence supports the Sweden, Texas approach; and that maybe we shouldn’t be listening to communists who are on record as saying they want distancing, masks, total surveillance, a command economy and a programmable currency forever, is beyond the pale now apparently in the New Normal, even among conservatives.

WTF are you on about? I live in Texas the dipsticks I have met here who have not been vaxed are raving christian nutters who have had a loony preacher man tell them not to be injected with the devil's saliva. Sadly one of them is a good mate of mine, he told me to my face that he is putting his trust in the lord - he knows what I think of sky pixies. The other idiots who have not been vaxed are just backward, moronic, rednecks who would rather listen to their mate Bubba than any sound science based advice.

Other than that at State level it is economics. Texas is a fast growing State and does not want its growth as an economic powerhouse to be stalled by applying covid restrictions on the population. They would rather people died first.

Points to note: The wifes head of training called in to inform that he is off to self-isolate for the next week with his family - all have been vaxed. They were in contact with some friends who have come down with the virus quite badly and are in hospital now. The interesting factoid is that both the hospitalised individuals have been vaccinated. The Mrs is enacting the CDC protocols for work and they are re-considering going back to the offices which had been planned months back as a gentle roll-out over the next two weeks. I'm even thinking of cancelling my holiday to California in September.

Revie

Clanker
WTF are you on about? I live in Texas the dipsticks I have met here who have not been vaxed are raving christian nutters who have had a loony preacher man tell them not to be injected with the devil's saliva. Sadly one of them is a good mate of mine, he told me to my face that he is putting his trust in the lord - he knows what I think of sky pixies. The other idiots who have not been vaxed are just backward, moronic, rednecks who would rather listen to their mate Bubba than any sound science based advice.

Other than that at State level it is economics. Texas is a fast growing State and does not want its growth as an economic powerhouse to be stalled by applying covid restrictions on the population. They would rather people died first.
I’ve haven’t said don’t take the vaccine, what’s wrong with you?
But no society has improved the health of its citizens by making itself poorer, especially when, again, scant evidence of correlation of virus suppression with strictness of measures. Simply look at your state’s stats relative to others (Measures, also, that have little history in medical science, hence they weren’t part of any Western governments pre-pandemic plan - I’ve linked the UK’s earlier)

Revie

Clanker
Ref the bold. What exactly is 'that'?
You think the programmable currency, digital IDs, freedoms being dependent on state mandated medical procedures etc. are going to disappear?
Or that moral inversions like that of children being tormented, futures and health put at risk for the ostensible benefit of adults isn’t going to leave a mark?

You think the programmable currency, digital IDs, freedoms being dependent on state mandated medical procedures etc. are going to disappear?
Or that moral inversions like that of children being tormented, futures and health put at risk for the ostensible benefit of adults isn’t going to leave a mark?
You appear to refer to a 'that' but don't appear to have explained what 'that' is. Eg "Jenny is looking forward to her birthday, particularly the presents it may bring."

I’ve haven’t said don’t take the vaccine, what’s wrong with you?
But no society has improved the health of its citizens by making itself poorer, especially when, again, scant evidence of correlation of virus suppression with strictness of measures. Simply look at your state’s stats relative to others (Measures, also, that have little history in medical science, hence they weren’t part of any Western governments pre-pandemic plan - I’ve linked the UK’s earlier)
Are you saying that there weren't shutdowns and mandatory face-covering regulations in Texas? If so, you are very wrong. I think you are confusing the State Governors response to that of the most badly affected Counties.

The incoherent nature of the response hasn't worked out too well either. The record in Scotland is one of the worst in Europe, so lets compare it with Texas.

Texas
Total cases at 29/7/21: 9063 per 100k pop.
Total deaths at 29/7/21: 179 per 100k pop.

Scotland
Total cases at 29/7/21: 6265 per 100k pop.
Total deaths at 29/7/21: 145 per 100k pop.

Revie

Clanker
You appear to refer to a 'that' but don't appear to have explained what 'that' is. Eg "Jenny is looking forward to her birthday, particularly the presents it may bring."
That’s not as clever as you think it is. You’re obviously not an idiot, I don’t believe you don’t understand what I’m referring to.

History suggests that such changes to a society’s values and relationships between government and citizens are rarely temporary. Liberty is fragile (and also more physically dangerous than unfree societies - see North Korea’s life expectancy relative to GDP) I’ve stated previously, the Anglosphere has been extremely blasé about this for a long time, and aside from several republican US states, we’ve reacted the most extreme to this.

Boomer blasé-ness teaming up with our own communists plus hysterical millennial leftism is a recipe for disaster.

Programmable currency - please explain what that has to do with the COVID response
digital IDs - we already had digital IDs. Everyone has an NHS number, a social security number and a driving licence number
I assume this is your "biggy"
freedoms being dependent on state mandated medical procedures - there is no "state mandated medical procedure" as yet. The vaccination is still optional.

Revie

Clanker
Programmable currency - please explain what that has to do with the COVID response
digital IDs - we already had digital IDs. Everyone has an NHS number, a social security number and a driving licence number
I assume this is your "biggy"
freedoms being dependent on state mandated medical procedures - there is no "state mandated medical procedure" as yet. The vaccination is still optional.
Programmable currency is the mission-creep of cashless society meets government taking responsibility for the health of the individual. Both cultural consequences of the pandemic response.

I think your response typifies the blasé-ness I’m referring to, you’re ignoring the direction of travel, but we’ll see where we are in a few years - If I’m wrong, happy days, if I’m not, people that contorted themselves into looking the other way should start taking some stock of the responsibility they share for the society they’ve passed onto their children.

Programmable currency is the mission-creep of cashless society meets government taking responsibility for the health of the individual. Both cultural consequences of the pandemic response.
I see that you are the kind of person who can only deal in generalities, and refuses to address details. Programmable currency, however you chose to define it, has been around for many years before the pandemic and its advancement is nothing to do with the pandemic response. You are simply seeking to load your whining with something else you don't like.

I think your response typifies the blasé-ness I’m referring to, you’re ignoring the direction of travel, but we’ll see where we are in a few years - If I’m wrong, happy days, if I’m not, people that contorted themselves into looking the other way should start taking some stock of the responsibility they share for the society they’ve passed onto their children.
What is it that you think you might not be wrong about? The fact that we have had Digital IDs for many years or the fact that covid vaccinations are not "state mandated medical procedures"?

Nobody is looking the other way, but overstating your case with baseless hyperbole just makes you a laughing stock.

Revie

Clanker
I see that you are the kind of person who can only deal in generalities, and refuses to address details. Programmable currency, however you chose to define it, has been around for many years before the pandemic and its advancement is nothing to do with the pandemic response. You are simply seeking to load your whining with something else you don't like.

What is it that you think you might not be wrong about? The fact that we have had Digital IDs for many years or the fact that covid vaccinations are not "state mandated medical procedures"?

Nobody is looking the other way, but overstating your case with baseless hyperbole just makes you a laughing stock.
It’s not generalisation devoid of context. We would not have accepted the principle of either a) currency connected to carrot-stick, reward-punishment form of governance and b) medical coercion, soon to be effective mandation (or, at least, 2nd class citizenship) without the events of the last 18 months.
There is a huge difference between limited usage documents like driver’s licence a generalised ID card - look at the history of their implementation, or the writings of Peter Hitchens on the topic. There’s a reason they’re loved by leftists.

You seem to be the kind of person that can only see things in extreme isolation, - again, we’ll see where such tunnel vision leads and what kind of society we have in a few years.

It’s not generalisation devoid of context. We would not have accepted the principle of either a) currency connected to carrot-stick, reward-punishment form of governance and b) medical coercion, soon to be effective mandation (or, at least, 2nd class citizenship) without the events of the last 18 months.
There is a huge difference between limited usage documents like driver’s licence a generalised ID card - look at the history of their implementation, or the writings of Peter Hitchens on the topic. There’s a reason they’re loved by leftists.

You seem to be the kind of person that can only see things in extreme isolation, - again, we’ll see where such tunnel vision leads and what kind of society we have in a few years.
I'm going to leave you to seep in your paranoia. Make sure you check under your bed for the commies coming for you before you go to sleep.

Revie

Clanker
I'm going to leave you to seep in your paranoia. Make sure you check under your bed for the commies coming for you before you go to sleep.
You mean the CCP and our very own Susan Michie?
You’ve not missed the subjugation of all our institutions over the last few decades either?
Yes, give it six months, everything will be back to normal.

That’s not as clever as you think it is. You’re obviously not an idiot, I don’t believe you don’t understand what I’m referring to.

Genuinely not an attempt at being clever. Were you referring to a particular post up thread or just "The Pandemic"?

g01-copy-png.592594

Chaps I have to fess up that I have just realised that the crude and age standardised lines are reversed. The drop on the left should be on the right. I'll fix it and repost.

ETA

Here it is.
G01_2 - Copy.PNG

Last edited:

Excuse my ignorance, but what is 'Programmable Currency', and why should i fear it ?

Excuse my ignorance, but what is 'Programmable Currency', and why should i fear it ?
I'm not convinced that you do need to fear it.
The term "Programmable Currency" in this context is a boogy-man conjured up to sound scary and make you think that "they" are trying to put one over on you. In the real world, it is a rather vague term that has a bunch of different meanings depending on who you ask.

Two natural components of the definition are a digital form of money and a mechanism for specifying the automated behavior of that money through a computer program (this mechanism is termed "programmability" in this note). However, it is not clear whether these components alone are sufficient for a definition, given that various combinations of similar technology for payments automation have existed for decades.

Distributed ledger technology, which uses tokens to represent real goods and services and allows these to be traded digitally, makes it possible for flows of services to be programmable, autonomous and automated

Latest Threads