Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

• I`m genuinely concerned and have started to make plans.

• Nothing to worry about , carry on as normal .

• I`ll be staying out of circulation until it dies down.

• I`ve cancelled all travel plans.

• Panic Panic Panic , we are all going to die .

• Time to stock pile food and water .

• I trust the British government to take care of everything.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just had the 1st jab here in Australia, as we are a bit behind the UK, still lots of issues with people who have been offered it ages ago not taking it up like aged care workers etc. Had the Astrazeneca jab so currently feeling like shit. Injected by a nurse of Geordie extraction, great laugh, initially I wasn't sure if I was going in the cubicle for a jab or a lap dance, unfortunately it was the jab.

and yet the NHS is no where near being overwhelmed, the vast majority of people are now vaccinated and the serious untreated illnesses, suicides and mental illnesses easily outweigh the current Indian strain figures - yesterday it emerged that the mathematical modelling for the latest lockdown extension was out by a factor of 10! - the number crunchers had failed to put in the correct effectiveness of the vaccine (new number based on 15000 real UK cases) so the top figure of 200k dead between now and next year if we didnt lockdown again was actually 20k. 20k sounds a lot but 1500 people die every day from all causes and covid has pretty much replaced the othe 'normal' respitary illnesses that kill people. Lastly, every single other lockdown was implemented after the peak that caused it so it is being done in retrospect and its value is questionable

This is now beyond argument – and the blinkered approach of Downing Street is shameful.

A fine WWI historian in my own town died a couple of weeks ago because of misdiagnosed cancer; the President of the rugby club is now struggling because of a previously undiagnosed one.

Both are fine contributors to the wider community, who deserved better.

In both cases friends/family made clear that they had to wait an unconscionable period of time for hospital appointments – because the local area one was bloody ‘Covid focused’.

Last edited:

endure

GCM
There's been a few plague outbreaks in History, and they were before the advent of treatment, far more deadlier than the sniffles (covid). There's no comparison really between the plague (which there was no cure or doctors that could save you) and Covid.
I was replying to your statement that the current stop at home mask wearers are the first people ever to do so in order to benefit other people.

I was replying to your statement that the current stop at home mask wearers are the first people ever to do so in order to benefit other people.
Well excuse me for not using my telepathic abilities, perhaps you should have been clearer in your post and then you wouldn't have needed to clear that up.

People that have had the covid jag have pretty much zero chance of catching covid or passing it on or dying from it, and masks are pretty much proven to be useless, so people wearing them are really only doing that as a comfort thing and don't benefit anyone.

Last edited:
Anyone refusing the vaccine should be placed under house arrest and tagged until the pandemic is over. Time we stopped fecking about with this thing.
Even better. Why not put them in ovens? I no longer believe a single ******* statistic or word this 'government' utters. I cannot believe I voted this ocean-going twàt into No10. I only did so to keep that totalitarian Marxist prick Corbyn out of the office. Little did I (or anyone else for that matter) realise I'd be living in a joyless, dystopian miseryscape within weeks of a Tory landslide. There's an insidious ulterior motive being driven on the back of this outbreak - and I don't deny the existence of Covid, but anyone who thinks pointless vaccines will return us to normal is deluded. The whole response to this 'pandemic' is utterly out of proportion to the risk. Still, let's **** over the world economy, eh? If anyone should be arrested it's the transnational cabal that's organised this on the back of a Chinese ****-up. Build back better? Yeah... right. Tyranny flourishes when the spoon-feds believe any old shyte.

IMG-20210401-WA0002.jpg

Last edited:
Stopped reading at that point.

GTFU - we already have one clown around here who believes that to be the height of crushing wit.
I'm so sorry my hurty word upset you so.
Would you prefer:
Fataturk?
Scruffy Fecking Scarecrow?
The Oaf Johnson?
Spaffer?

I mean there's loads on GF from Tory voters to choose from or indeed that hotbed of lefty nonsense Conservative Woman.

And just maybe, increasing your ignorance due to self censorship may not be the way forward, Dunning-Kruger effect and all that?

Are you ******* real? Chod
What are the long term effects of the emergency use only experimental prophylactic treatment?
You know do you?

After all weed is just a harmless recreational drug for adults and arguably safer than alcohol - not quite the same effect in children though.

So come on then explain why its safe for kids and why that group are wrong to be concerned that this unknown can be inflicted on children for an illness which is very mild for them?

What are the long term effects of the emergency use only experimental prophylactic treatment?
You know do you?

After all weed is just a harmless recreational drug for adults and arguably safer than alcohol - not quite the same effect in children though.

So come on then explain why its safe for kids and why that group are wrong to be concerned that this unknown can be inflicted on children for an illness which is very mild for them?
Microbiota creates differences in their oropharyngeal, nasopharyngeal, lung, or gastrointestinal effects of covid. Essentially, gut microbiota is different in young people and adults and it is likely that it acts to give greater immunity to viruses in the younger age groups. It is, however, essential for a wide range of positive health effects in all humans (and animals and plants for that matter).

ETA I probably missed the point of your question to some extent - but hey, if you really were a 'bomb squad' fella, your special and you won't mind ;)

Last edited:
Microbiota creates differences in their oropharyngeal, nasopharyngeal, lung, or gastrointestinal effects of covid. Essentially, gut microbiota is different in young people and adults and it is likely that it acts to give greater immunity to viruses in the younger age groups. It is, however, essential for a wide range of positive health effects in all humans (and animals and plants for that matter).

ETA I probably missed the point of your question to some extent - but hey, if you really were a 'bomb squad' fella, your special and you won't mind ;)
I like that explanation a lot. So does that mean if adults consume lots of pre and pro biotics such as Kimchi, Kefir, Apple Cider Vinegar (With the Mother) or in supplement form; they will have a healthier immunity against it.

TIA

To be fair, uptake amongst Hindus and Sikhs is very high; less so in Islamic communities.

no surprise, those communities, much like the Chinese never ever cause any problems, dramas or integration issues - I suspect they dont have 'community leaders' who control and direct their every thought whilst hating everything they've come here to enjoy

I like that explanation a lot. So does that mean if adults consume lots of pre and pro biotics such as Kimchi, Kefir, Apple Cider Vinegar (With the Mother) or in supplement form; they will have a healthier immunity against it.

TIA
They won't have much effect on the etiological agent of covid, but they can and do have an impact on several of the correlative effects of the disease and thus assist recovery and survival.

no surprise, those communities, much like the Chinese never ever cause any problems, dramas or integration issues - I suspect they dont have 'community leaders' who control and direct their every thought whilst hating everything they've come here to enjoy
Levels of education and affluence are big correlative indicators; for the same reason that uptake is quite low in poor, white and thick communities. See also Traveller communities.

Last edited:
You know do you?

Children aren't having the injection