Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

• I`m genuinely concerned and have started to make plans.

• Nothing to worry about , carry on as normal .

• I`ll be staying out of circulation until it dies down.

• I`ve cancelled all travel plans.

• Panic Panic Panic , we are all going to die .

• Time to stock pile food and water .

• I trust the British government to take care of everything.

Results are only viewable after voting.
on the other side of the coin I am seeing alot of reporting in some of the science sites (mostly FB based) I follow that those with long Covid are reporting a reduction in symptoms following their vaccines - taste and smell returning, etc.

Rather than link to FB, here is a moderately reputable news outlet.

Edited because I was a moron with inserting the link the first time round.

Anyone experiencing poor quality sleep problems following the vaccine? I've been experiencing absolutely shit nights kip for about a week now, which is just after all the post vaccine symptoms went. The mrs has the same problem. I read somewhere yesterday I think it was that sleep problems appear to be an issue associated with Covid but I didnt catch if they are attributing it to the vaccine.

Anyone else having shit nights kip?
Yes, but too much sleep (if that's possible). Pre-vaccine I'd be in bed at 10:30pm, read for 1/2 an hour or so then eventually crash out but be up awake, bright and bouncy 6:30'ish.

Post-vaccine I went through a month or so of hitting the sack at 9:30pm, fast asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow, then struggle, I mean really struggle, to get up next morning. Often the current mrs_mush would drag me out of my pit at 9:00am or if I was working away my boss just accepted that I wouldn't be in before 10:00am.

It also sort of coincided with feeling cold all the time. Working from home, heating on all day, set at 23Deg, I'm wearing enough layers for a polar expedition. And was still feckin cold.

Scaling up from trials to production volumes is far from easy.

Ask the French...

:)
The French trials failed. They kept a production line on hold for their Sanofi vaccine that’s now being geared up for Pfizer production. That was six months wasted.

Yes, but too much sleep (if that's possible). Pre-vaccine I'd be in bed at 10:30pm, read for 1/2 an hour or so then eventually crash out but be up awake, bright and bouncy 6:30'ish.

Post-vaccine I went through a month or so of hitting the sack at 9:30pm, fast asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow, then struggle, I mean really struggle, to get up next morning. Often the current mrs_mush would drag me out of my pit at 9:00am or if I was working away my boss just accepted that I wouldn't be in before 10:00am.

It also sort of coincided with feeling cold all the time. Working from home, heating on all day, set at 23Deg, I'm wearing enough layers for a polar expedition. And was still feckin cold.

I've got the full blown symptoms - metalic taste in mouth. Knackered - like physically wrecked and just tired. Sneezing and runny nose. No energy. Last night I had a tight chest and was short of breath. What a pain in the arrse.

Europe definitely won’t be ready this summer. But there’s a chance that availability will open up and we’re likely to have everybody vaccinated by summer at this rate.

tests shouldn’t cost too much. We’ve just been issued with 20 odd free lateral flow tests.
You mean like school dinners?

You mean like school dinners?
Exactly.

i suspect that you’re angling for the ‘they have to be paid for.’ Which you’re correct.

however they’re a damn site cheaper than continued lockdown and the cost to the NHS of treating people with Covid because they’re not being tested for it.

I’ve just been reading up about side effects from the Oxford jab and I can’t see anything that referees to full blown COVID symptoms nearly 4 effing weeks after the first jab. I’ve done an MHRA yellow card report this after. Anyone else got this shit still going strong three weeks after the first shot?

I’ve just been reading up about side effects from the Oxford jab and I can’t see anything that referees to full blown COVID symptoms nearly 4 effing weeks after the first jab. I’ve done an MHRA yellow card report this after. Anyone else got this shit still going strong three weeks after the first shot?
Vaccines take time. Quick in some, longer in others.

Typically two weeks. Sometimes more or sometimes less.

remeber that if you’re feeling sh*t with the vaccine. How sh*t would you feel if you got COVID without a vaccine? Possibly dead.

It's the bad AIDS. Don't bother with the boots, they probably won't fit but stick the tenner in the post and we'll call it square.

This who've had previous covid infections.
The body goes " bless me, it's this lot again " and immune response goes bananas "

The French trials failed. [...] That was six months wasted.
Not really - lots of vaccine trials fail. Most of them in fact. Even the successful ones would probably have looked at number of different ideas and rejected the ones most likely to fail.

It’s not quite like a day at the races and backing a horse, but sometimes the science doesn’t work out. Or more correctly, the science is correct - just the people were wrong.

This who've had previous covid infections.
The body goes " bless me, it's this lot again " and immune response goes bananas "

thats where I am I think. Terrible evening and night. Woke up this morning and felt like I could do a three miler. By 1400 hrs I’m decked again. Absolutely knackered

Latest Threads