Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

• I`m genuinely concerned and have started to make plans.

• Nothing to worry about , carry on as normal .

• I`ll be staying out of circulation until it dies down.

• I`ve cancelled all travel plans.

• Panic Panic Panic , we are all going to die .

• Time to stock pile food and water .

• I trust the British government to take care of everything.

Results are only viewable after voting.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Staycation irks me almost as much as "Narrative".

Of course, "vacation" which spawned the above aberration, is a yank term.

Ironic considering a lot of them have never travelled beyond their own county, a few adventurous ones to a different state, and the few who actually vaycayshun abroad are usually the very ******* who should probably stay at home!

Having been an ’NHS Volunteer‘ since it started I have had no calls whatsoever...

...until today when I got six. Called the first three referrals, no help needed, the fourth (self isolating) needed groceries (shopping) and the fifth I handed off.
Update on the above... Calls coming in thick and fast but

... a lot are outside of the range I am prepared to travel and are thus handed off for another volunteer to pick up and more of a pain are the calls where on contacting the referral, you find that no assistance is required because it has either already been provided by a volunteer, a family member has stepped in and done the job or the request was specifically cancelled by the referral.

Of three ‘local‘ calls between 0900 & 1030 this morning, none required assistance which begs the question of how the referrals and outcomes are being handled. Not sure it is working quite as intended and the constant alerts are a little trying.

I am now only staying available for a couple of hours a day otherwise I’d never get anything else done.

Update on the above... Calls coming in thick and fast but

... a lot are outside of the range I am prepared to travel and are thus handed off for another volunteer to pick up and more of a pain are the calls where on contacting the referral, you find that no assistance is required because it has either already been provided by a volunteer, a family member has stepped in and done the job or the request was specifically cancelled by the referral.

Of three ‘local‘ calls between 0900 & 1030 this morning, none required assistance which begs the question of how the referrals and outcomes are being handled. Not sure it is working quite as intended and the constant alerts are a little trying.

I am now only staying available for a couple of hours a day otherwise I’d never get anything else done.

But good for you for volunteering.

If working men's clubs are anything like they used to be, the majority will have been suffering from end-stage COPD, coronary heart disease and liver failure in any case.

And all 20 of them will have represented the entirety of the club membership :p

Thank you nanny state and Aunty Beeb; what was that about running with scissors?

'First Minister Mark Drakeford said he hoped revellers did not consider the new 22:00 closing time for pubs as a “race” to drink as much alcohol as they can.

“I hope people in Wales, as I think the majority of people do, will continue to act sensibly, won't think of 10 o'clock as a race to consume as much alcohol as you can, in the last few minutes," he told the Welsh Government's coronavirus briefing.'

Thank you nanny state and Aunty Beeb; what was that about running with scissors?

'First Minister Mark Drakeford said he hoped revellers did not consider the new 22:00 closing time for pubs as a “race” to drink as much alcohol as they can.

“I hope people in Wales, as I think the majority of people do, will continue to act sensibly, won't think of 10 o'clock as a race to consume as much alcohol as you can, in the last few minutes," he told the Welsh Government's coronavirus briefing.'

120131585_10220591035379017_6814981617284843684_n.jpg

Let's face it, the vast majority of chavs and cave dwellers in the UK see it as their God-given right to be harry shiters any day of the week.

Closing at 10 means more of them lying in public areas, shitfaced, earlier in the evening is all.

I just looked into his background (O'Neill) and what a warped traitorous little shite he is.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads