Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

• I`m genuinely concerned and have started to make plans.

• Nothing to worry about , carry on as normal .

• I`ll be staying out of circulation until it dies down.

• I`ve cancelled all travel plans.

• Panic Panic Panic , we are all going to die .

• Time to stock pile food and water .

• I trust the British government to take care of everything.

Results are only viewable after voting.
If we had closed our borders in January to prevent the widespread introduction of the virus into the UK we might still be having some sort of normal life now with no lockdown and our economy ticking over.

In an age where some people need a risk assessment to sit at a desk I'm disappointed the powers that be didn't see this coming, because I did.

As I've said before in one of these threads, inconveniencing a couple of hundred thousand travellers then was preferable to locking down 60M residents now.

We are paying the price now for failing to be decisive in January.
To a certain extent, I agree with you. But the courts would still probably be dealing with the amount of court cases against the government that would've unleashed. To reiterate, people don't 'get it' now, what leads you to believe they would've been any more receptive in January?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

BopBopBop

War Hero
To a certain extent, I agree with you. But the courts would still probably be dealing with the amount of court cases against the government that would've unleashed. To reiterate, people don't 'get it' now, what leads you to believe they would've been any more receptive in January?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
You wouldn't have had 60M people locked down in January or probably even now.
You just couldn't get out of the country to bring the virus back.
Nor could visitors enter the UK.

Everyone could see what was happening in China and as time went by they would see the rising deaths in Italy and Spain.

You wouldn't have had 60M people locked down in January or probably even now.
You just couldn't get out of the country to bring the virus back.
Nor could visitors enter the UK.

Everyone could see what was happening in China and as time went by they would see the rising deaths in Italy and Spain.
The virus last up to 17 days on surfaces.

would you have stopped everything coming in as well?

BopBopBop

War Hero
The virus last up to 17 days on surfaces.

would you have stopped everything coming in as well?
What's happening about this now?

Freight could come in containers or HGV trailers are loaded and unloaded onto a boat with those trailer tugs.

There would be delay and disruption and some stuff we could live without, just noticed my £1 bag of mixed salad had travelled from Italy.

HE117

LE
What's happening about this now?

Freight could come in containers or HGV trailers are loaded and unloaded onto a boat with those trailer tugs.

There would be delay and disruption and some stuff we could live without, just noticed my £1 bag of mixed salad had travelled from Italy.
... I didn't have you down as a "mixed salad" sort of chap!

HE117

LE
Where is Alex Birtwhistle when you need him...?

Where have you got the 17days information from.

72 hours maybe but not 17 days.
I had heard the 17 days number elsewhere, but here is a newspaper article.

makes it clear that finding traces after 17 days does not necessarily mean it was necessarily viable.

different to what I originally thought.

Where have you got the 17days information from.

72 hours maybe but not 17 days.
Here are the official Swiss figures for different surfaces and roughly indoor temperatures.
At lower temperatures, eg outdoors, the bug apparently hangs round longer.
I suspect there may be a percentage added on ‘for granny’, but don’t know.
36F68C9A-18E2-48A4-9DAF-3AA24F4AB8E3.jpeg

makes it clear that finding traces after 17 days does not necessarily mean it was necessarily viable.

I'm generally puzzled by this idea of it being "viable". The German Professor type quoted elsewhere described not finding "live" virus on surfaces. How do they test for that? Are they infecting human cells in a petri dish?

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Meanwhile, Over Yonder

Tampa megachurch pastor arrested after leading packed services despite 'safer-at-home' orders

Kudos to the Tampa Sheriff - tough call over there...( he's an elected official AIUI .)

https://www.air.tv/watch?v=KMx7QmmiRcem19sX1N5PnQ

And I am well aware that the rest of the US regard Florida in much the same way as Italians regard Naples;

'Oh...well hell...Florida..what can you expect?'

But.....REALLY? Loony tunes.

PS I have Higgs the Boson on Ignore....but I will award myself an extra square of medicinal Cadbury's for every lackwit who uses the phrase 'sky fairies' in response to this post....this isn't about religion.....or guns of which the good Reverend has a surprisingly large amount......or the MSM.....or any other half-assed conspiraloon theory...it's about Common Dog.

Last edited:

Seventeen days after passengers left does not mean 17 days after crew left. At least one ship (Ruby Princess?) has had all its passengers removed but now has crew going down with Corona.

BopBopBop

War Hero
With everybody washing their hands and tiny specks of the virus going down the plugholes, how long will it live for and where will it end up?

Does soap kill it?

Seventeen days after passengers left does not mean 17 days after crew left. At least one ship (Ruby Princess?) has had all its passengers removed but now has crew going down with Corona.
Elsewhere I tell a dit about cottoning on to a D&V bug being present in a hotel we were staying at. I made myself popular with the family by going into "touch nothing and wash your hands" mode. We managed to avoid it. It leads me to wonder why there are (presumably handles, railings and such) surfaces on the ship that haven't been thoroughly cleaned by now.

If we had closed our borders in January to prevent the widespread introduction of the virus into the UK we might still be having some sort of normal life now with no lockdown and our economy ticking over.

In an age where some people need a risk assessment to sit at a desk I'm disappointed the powers that be didn't see this coming, because I did.

As I've said before in one of these threads, inconveniencing a couple of hundred thousand travellers then was preferable to locking down 60M residents now.

We are paying the price now for failing to be decisive in January.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, I can guarantee you if they stopped the flights and the virus wasn't a deadly as it is everyone would be moaning about closing the borders.

With everybody washing their hands and tiny specks of the virus going down the plugholes, how long will it live for and where will it end up?

Does soap kill it?
We're over 5 weeks into this, and you're still asking questions like this? Have you had your head up your arse for the last 5 weeks?

The answer is yes, by the way.

Does soap kill it?
Heavily outweighed by the contribution from faecal matter. Waste Water Treatment Works are high risk areas for viruses anyway.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, I can guarantee you if they stopped the flights and the virus wasn't a deadly as it is everyone would be moaning about closing the borders.
I don't think flights could have been stopped but "Contact Tracing" and more persuasive methods to ensure effective self-isolation were certainly possible.

I don't think flights could have been stopped but "Contact Tracing" and more persuasive methods to ensure effective self-isolation were certainly possible.
Maybe, but international travelling has millions of people flying everyday from 100s of airports, plus the fact people are ********* and think self isolation doesn't apply to them. Unless there was a ban on flights its unlikely it could be stopped.