Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

• I`m genuinely concerned and have started to make plans.

• Nothing to worry about , carry on as normal .

• I`ll be staying out of circulation until it dies down.

• I`ve cancelled all travel plans.

• Panic Panic Panic , we are all going to die .

• Time to stock pile food and water .

• I trust the British government to take care of everything.

Results are only viewable after voting.

BEAMONT123

War Hero
The Doctor seems to be concerned about treatment with ventilators being sub-optimal. I'm not sure what he adds to your argument.

ETA Just managed to edit my existing post rather than post a new post. Bear with.

OK superstar what do you do in the next outbreak when people start travelling on trains again ?

What lockdown do you impose ?

What do you do about bank loans they have outstanding for their home / business ?

OK superstar what do you do in the next outbreak when people start travelling on trains again ?

What lockdown do you impose ?

What do you do about bank loans they have outstanding for their home / business ?
Are you not going to address the video?

Will she stay inside during the next flu epidemic ? H4N1 ? Sars ?

What about when everyone goes back to work and those carrying CV but showing no symptoms now, cause another outbreak in June ?

How does the economy function if everyone does that ?

No police, firefighters, paramedics, doctors, or nurses turn up for duty ?
I understand your concerns about the damage to the economy. That will have a greater direct effect on more people's lives than this illness will. But the priority at this particular time is to preserve life.
She has made a sensible decision & is following NHS advice during this particular pandemic to self isolate for twelve weeks. Her employer (who is paying her full salary) fully supports her decision to stay at home longer. She is a valued employee.
Although the chances of catching it are very, very small, if she does so there is a chance she may become seriously ill, or worse.
Should future medical advice during a pandemic require her to "lockdown" she will do so again.
The people that you mention, like me in HMPPS, have a duty to attend work unless medical advice dictates otherwise.
I'm sorry that her avoiding becoming seriously ill or dying makes you so excitable & argumentative.

OK CV breaks out again in 3 months - now what ? Another lockdown ? 6 months ... just stay home for the rest of 2020 ....
Maybe, what do you suggest? Just let lots of people die and overload the NHS?

Google - Pneumonia The Old Mans Friend - then get back to me about what happens to people every day of the year.

CV is killing far less than cancer, heart disease and numerous other conditions.
It killing far fewer with a massive lock down, how many would it kill if there wasn't a lock down?

Patience, patience, and tune in to the Today programme on Radio 4.
They have just announced that salvation is at hand : Tony Blair will shortly be interviewed and tell us all his plan for reducing the lock down.
Tune in and marvel ...

Patience, patience, and tune in to the Today programme on Radio 4.
They have just announced that salvation is at hand : Tony Blair will shortly be interviewed and tell us all his plan for reducing the lock down.
Tune in and marvel ...
Can I be excused Sir? :oops:

This virus appears to have started in China and was quickly unmanageable.
The early aim should have been to stop it getting into the UK.

My daughter in law is Spanish. A month ago her dad was sick in Spain with a "fever".
Her mum came to visit in London then went home. Both had the virus and her dad died last weekend, mum was in hospital.

If our borders had been closed she would not have been able to travel to london with the virus.

It would have stopped thousands of Brits travelling abroad and bringing it back.

The virus would have had a much smaller footprint in the UK.
And we have enough trouble getting people to stay indoors now, when the danger is a lot clearer and more present. Bearing that in mind, how do you think a lockdown in January could've been achieved?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

BopBopBop

War Hero
And we have enough trouble getting people to stay indoors now, when the danger is a lot clearer and more present. Bearing that in mind, how do you think a lockdown in January could've been achieved?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
If we had closed our borders in January to prevent the widespread introduction of the virus into the UK we might still be having some sort of normal life now with no lockdown and our economy ticking over.

In an age where some people need a risk assessment to sit at a desk I'm disappointed the powers that be didn't see this coming, because I did.

As I've said before in one of these threads, inconveniencing a couple of hundred thousand travellers then was preferable to locking down 60M residents now.

We are paying the price now for failing to be decisive in January.

Latest Threads