Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

• I`m genuinely concerned and have started to make plans.

• Nothing to worry about , carry on as normal .

• I`ll be staying out of circulation until it dies down.

• I`ve cancelled all travel plans.

• Panic Panic Panic , we are all going to die .

• Time to stock pile food and water .

• I trust the British government to take care of everything.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ah, good. Glad to see the obsessiveness hasn't gone away. Still fixated, I see.
Just a concerned citizen. You've done little else but screech about Brexit for the past four years, so it's good you reminded people about the other areas where you bring your unique brand of incompetent disinformation.

Arrse needs all the hyperbolic hysteria it can get right now and yes, Ralph - you're helping.

As uncomfortable as it may be, culling the herd, or natural selection?

'Only 1% were in people aged 20-39, according to the stats from NHS England. The new data, based on deaths announced by English hospitals as of 5pm on Thursday, April 2, suggests 1,749 (53%) out of 3,302 recorded deaths, were aged 80 or above. Meanwhile, 1,291 (39%) were 60-79 years old. A further 233 (7%) were aged 40-59, with 26 (1%) aged 20-39 and three (0.1%) aged 0-19. The figures are provisional and do not take into account another surge in deaths today, which saw the country record 684 deaths in 24 hours – taking the total to 3,605.'

Coronavirus deaths by age in England

Screenshot_20200404-001402_Drive.jpg

I'm sure we all remember the Winter of Death and the 3 month lock down that destroyed the economy back in 2014/15.

At least the food supply chain is being forced to look seriously at new market opportunities. The virus has seriously affected ongoing exports to China, and traders from all areas are now obliged to seek new markets urgently.
Cold store capacity is not designed to support the level of fresh produce currently in the chain.
A good kick up the backside for Brexit futures too.

At least the food supply chain is being forced to look seriously at new market opportunities. The virus has seriously affected ongoing exports to China, and traders from all areas are now obliged to seek new markets urgently.
Cold store capacity is not designed to support the level of fresh produce currently in the chain.
A good kick up the backside for Brexit futures too.

Interestingly, our dev team have spent the last week converting our wholesale and retail systems to allow Joe public to order for home delivery. A few businesses and a couple of thousand jobs saved there.

The article says the cars were "likely" to belong to key workers, not that they did belong to key workers.

1) the paper made an assumption, but have no evidence to back it up.
2) NHS staff aren't the only people who are designated as key workers.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Tbh it happens in liverpool most weekends anyway. I wouldn't park my car on the street in liverpool city centre at the weekend

BEAMONT123

War Hero
Australian study finds common anti-parasitic drug kills Covid-19 cells within 48 hours

A Monash University-led study has shown a single dose of the drug Ivermectin could stop the coronavirus growing in cell culture.
"We found that even a single dose could essentially remove all viral RNA (effectively removed all genetic material of the virus) by 48 hours and that even at 24 hours there was a really significant reduction in it," said Monash Biomedicine Discovery Institute's Dr Kylie Wagstaff.

I normally find this faux-Blimp blowhard irritating, but he nails it here.
. . . and, in "other" news, from the above link . . .

"I learned last week that a large group of military widows have been caught in a stupid legal trap.

Because they have remarried, they have lost pensions, under former strict rules.

These rules were abolished in 2014 for those bereaved in later years, but the change does not apply to 300 women, widowed by long-ago conflicts such as the Falklands.

According to Julian Lewis MP, these 300 can get the money they are entitled to only if they divorce, and then marry again. This is obviously absurd.

Can Mr Johnson please put it right?"

Last edited:
Quite ironic?
Law abiding--sort of... UK population to ASBO themselves indoors. "Under instruction"
4,000 low-life lags possibly being released early into the populace.
:rolleyes:

Australian study finds common anti-parasitic drug kills Covid-19 cells within 48 hours

A Monash University-led study has shown a single dose of the drug Ivermectin could stop the coronavirus growing in cell culture.
"We found that even a single dose could essentially remove all viral RNA (effectively removed all genetic material of the virus) by 48 hours and that even at 24 hours there was a really significant reduction in it," said Monash Biomedicine Discovery Institute's Dr Kylie Wagstaff.
This is a typical media interpretation of a piece of scientific research, It occurs with high frequency, usually when a media studies journo tries to make sense of scientific research. Often appears in the Heil as part of it's crusade to divide everything in the world into "causes cancer/cures cancer".

My favourite was "turmeric kills cancer cells".

It might well kill them in vitro but most things do, bleach, hydrogen peroxide, washing up liquid etc. If you get cancer you won't get better necking a bottle of Domestos or Fairy Liquid. You can try but you will probably end up like the Septic who took fish lice poison because it contained a form of chloroquine. Dead.

Last edited:
. . . and, in "other" news, from the above link . . .

"I learned last week that a large group of military widows have been caught in a stupid legal trap.

Because they have remarried, they have lost pensions, under former strict rules.

These rules were abolished in 2014 for those bereaved in later years, but the change does not apply to 300 women, widowed by long-ago conflicts such as the Falklands.

According to Julian Lewis MP, these 300 can get the money they are entitled to only if they divorce, and then marry again. This is obviously absurd.

Can Mr Johnson please put it right?"
Why? The pension was there because they (probably) lost the main breadwinner in the family. If they married someone else then he can provide for her rather than expecting the state to continue to hand out free money.

Someone I know rents his house just had a bloke come to the door and ask if the house is for sale ! he was verbally persuaded that now was not the time to be viewing , worth reporting and to who ?

BopBopBop

War Hero
Someone I know rents his house just had a bloke come to the door and ask if the house is for sale ! he was verbally persuaded that now was not the time to be viewing , worth reporting and to who ?
That bloke may have got himself on the wrong side of the front door if there had been no reply.

Dealt with loads of calls like that in the police but they usually ended up Area searched no trace because they had legged it.

That bloke may have got himself on the wrong side of the front door if there had been no reply.

Dealt with loads of calls like that in the police but they usually ended up Area searched no trace because they had legged it.
He didnt fit that profile , late fifties , small lap dog and driving a BMW estate , reg GX09 TKK.

BopBopBop

War Hero
He didnt fit that profile , late fifties , small lap dog and driving a BMW estate , reg GX09 TKK.
He must have done something to get your mates sensors twitching.
Is it a nice house in a good area?

Years ago we caught two burglars in central London.
In their 60's, grey haired, smartly dressed both wearing white raincoats and driving a Rover SD1 Vitesse. (They were just like the two bad guys in Bullitt).
They had been at it for years, robbing mansion blocks during the evening.

If your mate was concerned he should report it, good he got an index.
Nothing may come of it or tomorrow morning his neighbour around the corner may be reporting their burglary and that index would be handy.

All proactive cops love nicking burglars.

could it be that he was perfectly innocently asking a question because he wanted to buy the fecking house! - admittedly not the right time to do it but not everyone is perfect!

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer

Latest Threads