Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

• I`m genuinely concerned and have started to make plans.

• Nothing to worry about , carry on as normal .

• I`ll be staying out of circulation until it dies down.

• I`ve cancelled all travel plans.

• Panic Panic Panic , we are all going to die .

• Time to stock pile food and water .

• I trust the British government to take care of everything.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Its not the NHS on ARRSE is it, it you.
Are all doctors in uniform yet? I know they never used to. Clearly they were also immune to infectious diseases
Most doctors wear scrubs when dealing with patients who need clinical interventions. I never see them cutting about outside my local hospital wearing them.

But you do have contact with the nurses? They give it to you, you pass it on when you go shopping.
Yes, I do. Usually they're dressed casually or in business clothes. Very rarely are they wearing scrubs when they're off the hospital grounds.

Plus, I'm avoiding frequent shopping and a avoiding the larger stores, because I know that would increase the risk of passing on the virus.

Most doctors wear scrubs when dealing with patients who need clinical interventions. I never see them cutting about outside my local hospital wearing them.
Most? Surely all? If not that would mean that some dont wear a uniform and then cut their own detail after work.

Also, no one knows what the nurse in old stab picture had done previously, she might not have had any contact with contagious patients, he just wants to moan at someone.

Yes, I do. Usually they're dressed casually or in business clothes. Very rarely are they wearing scrubs when they're off the hospital grounds.
I meant in work, Nurses clothes get a virus on their uniform and then pass it to you.

I meant in work, Nurses clothes get a virus on their uniform and then pass it to you.
Perhaps they should just wander round in stockings and suspenders so that people don't triggered by them wearing scrubs

Perhaps they should just wander round in stockings and suspenders so that people don't triggered by them wearing scrubs
Well scrubs arent that important

Mrs has just said that she's been all over her hospital in her role... Went in in civvies on overtime to help her staff move a ward... C19 patients on those wards....

My missus has had two nurses from her hospital that have returned to work having had it. One was confirmed and the other showed all the symptoms.

Apparently a bit rough to ride out with shortness of breath being the biggy but both absolutely fine now.

My concernometer has dropped considerably now people I actually know have had it and recovered with no dramas.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Not really. One can't simply walk in and out of a ward full of Coronavirus or immunocompromised patients. There are strict measures to control who gets in and how.
I didnt mean coronavrius I meant normally.

I didnt mean coronavrius I meant normally.
There probably isn't a 'normally'. Can I catch something from a nurse's uniform and become ill? Yes. Can I pass on whatever I caught? Maybe. If not some virus, maybe some nasty bacterium or bug.
Case in point: A colleague of mine works in a pathology department where staff - some nurses and doctors - must change uniforms for each different room, because there are some very nasty bacteria being dealt with.
When I did my stint in a mortuary, many moons ago, I needed to change clothes and wash frequently, because the smell of death really stuck long afterwards, and it was probably noticeable to others offsite.

There probably isn't a 'normally'. Can I catch something from a nurse's uniform and become ill? Yes. Can I pass on whatever I caught? Maybe. If not some virus, maybe some nasty bacterium or bug.
Case in point: A colleague of mine works in a pathology department where staff - some nurses and doctors - must change uniforms for each different room, because there are some very nasty bacteria being dealt with.
When I did my stint in a mortuary, many moons ago, I needed to change clothes and wash frequently, because the smell of death really stuck long afterwards, and it was probably noticeable to others offsite.
Thats a bit different isnt it?
If someone was working in a highly infectious place then I would expect them to change kit, this nurse might have been sat on her arse far from anything dangerous and yet old stab who is fine with his missus rocking up in civvies in a covid 19 ward has a hissy part.

Gustinkovski

Old-Salt
Need a new option on the vote:

"peed off that it has not lead to a full blown zombie apocalypse as shown in all those documentaries"
Want a zombie apocalypse, just turn off the internet, you'll see all the millenials wandering the streets, aimlessly with sleepless eyes, dribbling out of the corners of their mouth. Just like the walking dead.

Last edited:
Not really. One can't simply walk in and out of a ward full of Coronavirus or immunocompromised patients. There are strict measures to control who gets in and how.
Didn't stop poor old Eddie Large of Little & Large getting the CoVid he was in Bristol Hospital being treated for heart failure just died of the CoVid

Archie

anglo

LE
I am 77, I've got COPD, the bronchioles end in tiny air sacs called alveoli, that extract oxygen from
the air in the lungs are only working at 46%,
I stay in the house or garden, SWMBO only goes down to the shop[very] early morning when
absolutely necessary, she comes out of the shop and uses the antibacterial gel on her hands
when she comes back a big wash job takes place,
Tomorrow we need to go to the supermarket, so we will get up early, she
will go in the shop and I will stay in the car, [she doesn't drive]
if I catch this virus, To bad, I have already written a letter telling the NHS that not to put me on
a ventilator if a youngster need it,
SWMBO has written instructions what to do if I get taken off the ration strength,
Plan for the worst, if it doesn't happen, we live on, to drink more beer
happy days, stay safe it's a jungle out there

Thats a bit different isnt it?
If someone was working in a highly infectious place then I would expect them to change kit, this nurse might have been sat on her arse far from anything dangerous and yet old stab who is fine with his missus rocking up in civvies in a covid 19 ward has a hissy part.
An old stab in civvies wouldn't just rock up to a COVID-19 ward in civvies, or even most other wards. You'd change into a hospital gown in a waiting area first, and possibly wheeled into the ward by a team wearing PPE.

Latest Threads