Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

• I`m genuinely concerned and have started to make plans.

• Nothing to worry about , carry on as normal .

• I`ll be staying out of circulation until it dies down.

• I`ve cancelled all travel plans.

• Panic Panic Panic , we are all going to die .

• Time to stock pile food and water .

• I trust the British government to take care of everything.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Keep on assuming.

Did you assume that all your blokes obeyed all the rules all the time?
No, but I didnt really give a **** if they went to tescos in their uniform.

Have you got a link to the NHS policy on wearing uniform in public due to infection control, because I think you are waffling.

Put it this way, she can carry infection both ways, in and out of hospital.
Let's be extreme for a moment, she's been in somewhere where there's Ebola or something equally nasty, she leaves work in those scrubs and goes to Tesco, brushes past the ready meals leaving the Ebola virus on the surface.
You pick it up 30 seconds later take it home and let your 3 year old handle it, he then sticks his fingers in his mouth and contracts the virus.

THAT is why the NHS is so hot on infection control.
I see you edited your post, what if she hasnt been anywhere near Ebola and she has been on the ward where cleaners and joe public (as visitors) have been? Or do you want to think of any more highly unlikely scenerios?

No, but I didnt really give a **** if they went to tescos in their uniform.

Have you got a link to the NHS policy on wearing uniform in public due to infection control, because I think you are waffling.

I see you edited your post, what if she hasnt been anywhere near Ebola and she has been on the ward where cleaners and joe public (as visitors) have been? Or do you want to think of any more highly unlikely scenerios?
Link mate.
My Mrs is part of the infection control team for the health board.
It's being dealt with.

A.N.Other

Old-Salt
The MP mentioned in the article is Stephen Kinnock, a twat of the highest order.

He wasn't just dropping of groceries for his dear old dad. He travelled from South Wales to London to say "happy birthday" to the ex leader of the Labour Party. He posted a photo on twatter, to which South Wales Police responded and questioned if it was an essential journey. Kinnock replied that he was dropping off groceries.

170 miles is a bit of a way to travel to drop off groceries. Especially when his sister who lives in London had popped round to the parents to drop off a curry and groceries earlier in the day.

Excuses and BS from my local MP.

I've met him and he and the family are well known to my old man who used to be a senior member of the local Labour Party. My old man has no time for the bluffing cnt.

Ps, did I mention he's a twat?

Link mate.
My Mrs is part of the infection control team for the health board.
It's being dealt with.
Lots of NHS staff dont wear uniforms for various reasons, wheres your pretend outrage over them when they go shopping?

Did you read your own link

Although it has been suggested that uniforms act as a "reservoir" for transmission of infection in hospitals, no evidence has ever been published to back this up.

However, they are allowed to travel back and forth to work, including on public transport, wearing their uniforms as long as they are hidden with a coat over the top.

Clearly all NHS staff own coats that cover them completely.

I work in the NHS myself.
I think that I know more than you about what I can and can't do.
******* no mark Civvy prick.
So these NHS staff who dont wear uniforms but go shopping after work, you fill them in as well?

I bet you write to the soldier magazine when you see a squaddie with a pocket undone as well.

A.N.Other

Old-Salt
How do you know that she hadnt just finished her shift?
Basic infection control. You wear scrubs in work and change out at the end of shift. This stops contaminated scrubs being worn outside the hospital and contaminating other people.

A very senior nurse used to be the medical officer for our local MRT. She told me how she had great fun ripping in to one of her staff who she caught wearing scrubs in the fruit and veg aisle after work. A quick lesson on the risk of contaminating the veggies was followed by a stern telling off :)

Basic infection control. You wear scrubs in work and change out at the end of shift. This stops contaminated scrubs being worn outside the hospital and contaminating other people.

A very senior nurse used to be the medical officer for our local MRT. She told me how she had great fun ripping in to one of her staff who she caught wearing scrubs in the fruit and veg aisle after work. A quick lesson on the risk of contaminating the veggies was followed by a stern telling off :)
Did she also rip into people who dont wear a uniform and work for the NHS? Seems a bit inconsistent doesnt it?

Not at all.
NHS office staff usually don't enter the wards or other clinical areas. Nurses in scrubs do.
Scrubs belong in hospital, not Tesco.
Office staff dont come into contact with these disease ridden nurses then?

So Stacker knows more about the NHS and infection control policy than someone who has to deal with it every working day.

And Ignore button in 3,2,1......

Did you read your own link

Although it has been suggested that uniforms act as a "reservoir" for transmission of infection in hospitals, no evidence has ever been published to back this up.

However, they are allowed to travel back and forth to work, including on public transport, wearing their uniforms as long as they are hidden with a coat over the top.

Clearly all NHS staff own coats that cover them completely.
a) Not all of us have regular contact with patients. I wear smart-casual or a uniform as appropriate.

b) Uniforms and scrubs can act as a reservoir, especially if bodily fluids find their way onto them. That's the whole point of washing clothes.

So Stacker knows more about the NHS and infection control policy than someone who has to deal with it every working day.

And Ignore button in 3,2,1......
Its not the NHS on ARRSE is it, it you.
Are all doctors in uniform yet? I know they never used to. Clearly they were also immune to infectious diseases

a) Not all of us have regular contact with patients. I wear smart-casual or a uniform as appropriate.

b) Uniforms and scrubs can act as a reservoir, especially if bodily fluids find their way onto them. That's the whole point of washing clothes.
But you do have contact with the nurses? They give it to you, you pass it on when you go shopping.

Latest Threads