Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

• I`m genuinely concerned and have started to make plans.

• Nothing to worry about , carry on as normal .

• I`ll be staying out of circulation until it dies down.

• I`ve cancelled all travel plans.

• Panic Panic Panic , we are all going to die .

• Time to stock pile food and water .

• I trust the British government to take care of everything.

Results are only viewable after voting.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
In your case, he was giving music lessons, unqualified.
You seem very exercised about that point. At present one does not need any qualifications to teach music if it is a private arrangement.

View attachment 461928

It doesn't help when you get brain dead nursing staff in hospital scrubs clearly saying Nevill Hall theatres, stood in line waiting to go into Tesco! Fecking moron. Infection control anyone. That photo was taken about an hour ago.
How do you know that she hadnt just finished her shift?

View attachment 461928

It doesn't help when you get brain dead nursing staff in hospital scrubs clearly saying Nevill Hall theatres, stood in line waiting to go into Tesco! Fecking moron. Infection control anyone. That photo was taken about an hour ago.
I would...

bcsack

Old-Salt
Someone needs to be asking why Germany has such a low mortality rate from this. They've lost <1000 out of 81k cases the UK 2921 out of 34k cases. German recovery rate 95% - UK 5% wtf ??????

Anonymous Yank

On ROPS
On ROPs
You seem very exercised about that point. At present one does not need any qualifications to teach music if it is a private arrangement.
Not at all. Of course not.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Someone needs to be asking why Germany has such a low mortality rate from this. They've lost <1000 out of 81k cases the UK 2921 out of 34k cases. German recovery rate 95% - UK 5% wtf ??????
There were several reasons, they did a lot more testing so found those with no/minor symptoms as opposed to the UK where they tested a lot less and usually those showing severe symptoms.
This also meant they could control their quarantine better as people who had the virus but were still healthy knew to self isolate, unlike in a lot of other places where people carried on as normal because it wasnt affecting them.

watched a very interesting video today on fox news - the commentator , tucker carlson, is pointing out that we should not trust any chinese cv stats and also something i had not thought about before - what happened to all the chinese people who atended the wuhan chinese new year, caught cv and then went home to other chinese cities? if the premise is that many left wuhan to fly back to the west carrying the virus wih them to london, milan and new york, how is it that we are not hearing about cv outbreaks elsewhere in china? - could it be that there is other cv outbreaks in china that are not being reported by the chinese govt? makes you think! and once i did it became obvious that it would be impossible for it to not spread elsewhere which is truly terrifying if it emerges that it has been totally suppressed by theCCP (just checked youtube has already removed the video because it takes down anything that the liberals dont want you to see)

bcsack

Old-Salt
There were several reasons, they did a lot more testing so found those with no/minor symptoms as opposed to the UK where they tested a lot less and usually those showing severe symptoms.
This also meant they could control their quarantine better as people who had the virus but were still healthy knew to self isolate, unlike in a lot of other places where people carried on as normal because it wasnt affecting them.
Stacker - Thanks for the info - got to be asking why our NHS weren't at a similar level of preparedness and had a similar pandemic reaction plan in place & rehearsed - surely the health service headsheds talk to each other across Europe and plan for this eventuality ? (or is it cheaper to accept the casualties)

Last edited:

Anonymous Yank

On ROPS
On ROPs
What about this don't you get? It's music, not neurosurgery.

Please provide evidence to the contrary.
Evidence to the contrary of what? The only thing in evidence seems to be that you are the one caught up on qualifications.

How do you know that she hadnt just finished her shift?
That's irrelevant.
NHS policy is that you don't wear nursing scrubs or uniform while shopping. It's all about infection control and is a massive No No. Especially with this Coronavirus running riot.

Put it this way, she can carry infection both ways, in and out of hospital.
Let's be extreme for a moment, she's been in somewhere where there's Ebola or something equally nasty, she leaves work in those scrubs and goes to Tesco, brushes past the ready meals leaving the Ebola virus on the surface.
You pick it up 30 seconds later take it home and let your 3 year old handle it, he then sticks his fingers in his mouth and contracts the virus.

THAT is why the NHS is so hot on infection control.

Last edited:
Stacker - Thanks for the info - got to be asking why our NHS weren't at a similar level of preparedness and had a similar pandemic reaction plan in place & rehearsed - surely the health service headsheds talk to each other across
Europe and plan for this eventuality ? (or is it cheaper to accept the casualties)
Every country has its own way of dealing with it, (Sweden is still open for business for example). Its the first time something like this has happened in modern times, I dont think anyone knew what to do, can you imagine the outcry if the NHS spend billions on tests/ventilators/new hospitals and the lockdown was earlier only for virus to not be the deadly or contagious?

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Evidence to the contrary of what? The only thing in evidence seems to be that you are the one caught up on qualifications.

It was you who shoehorned the topic into this thread, whilst tagging me.

I'd be happy to discuss further via PM.

Anonymous Yank

On ROPS
On ROPs
Stacker - Thanks for the info - got to be asking why our NHS weren't at a similar level of preparedness and had a similar pandemic reaction plan in place & rehearsed - surely the health service headsheds talk to each other across
Europe and plan for this eventuality ? (or is it cheaper to accept the casualties)
Stacker moved to the NHS after retirement, and is the source for all those "affordable" supplies on Amazon from unique seller names?

That's irrelevant.
NHS policy is that you don't wear nursing scrubs or uniform while shopping. It's as ll about infection control and is a massive No No. Especially with this Coronavirus running riot.
I assume they wash their scrubs which would kill the virus. Maybe its the only time she has to go shopping. B

UK has not yet managed to test 8,500 people a day. Germany are testing more like 25,000 a day.
If UK had that rate then the number of cases in UK would be more like 100,000 cases. Plus the UK has, up til now, only been testing those serious enough to be admitted to hospital therefore the recovery rate will be much less than Germany who has been testing even mild cases not serious enough to warrant hospital admission. Recovery rate from mild cases as opposed to recovery rate from serious cases.

Latest Threads