Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

• I`m genuinely concerned and have started to make plans.

• Nothing to worry about , carry on as normal .

• I`ll be staying out of circulation until it dies down.

• I`ve cancelled all travel plans.

• Panic Panic Panic , we are all going to die .

• Time to stock pile food and water .

• I trust the British government to take care of everything.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Local facebook page some poor bloke reporting his wife has died. He starts of stating she had lots of underlying conditions and was expected to die soon anyway. She developed Corona too though and in his own words "Corona will be whats on the death certificate - so take note everybody-this is very real".

I'm getting sceptical with the stats now. I have no medical quals, and am happy to be corrected but - although I don't doubt Corona is real and can be a killer - I'm also starting to think "If they shone the spotlight on people who had weetabix for breakfast" We'd also start to see a HUGE rise in deaths because of it, if it was automatically attributed and- tinfoil mode too...Is the NHS to eager to blame Corona in order to prove some sort of point about funding?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Local facebook page some poor bloke reporting his wife has died. He starts of stating she had lots of underlying conditions and was expected to die soon anyway. She developed Corona too though and in his own words "Corona will be whats on the death certificate - so take note everybody-this is very real".

I'm getting sceptical with the stats now. I have no medical quals, and am happy to be corrected but - although I don't doubt Corona is real and can be a killer - I'm also starting to think "If they shone the spotlight on people who had weetabix for breakfast" We'd also start to see a HUGE rise in deaths because of it, if it was automatically attributed and- tinfoil mode too...Is the NHS to eager to blame Corona in order to prove some sort of point about funding?
Had the very same convo with the OH earlier today. Her mum died 3 weeks ago after being diagnosed with a very aggressive form of Small Cell Lung Cancer and being given weeks to live (she died 4.5 hours later), but she had been admitted with massive COPD problems. Now while I admit that the cancer probably paid it's part, I've no doubt that the COPD was the main cause although the death cert states cancer aggravated by COPD as a secondary cause.

Three deaths on my parents street this week.
They are both over 70.
Both staying indoors for the foreseeable.
Gave dad instructions over the phone so they can access my Netflix account.

Proper worried now.

The thing that separates this from any other correlation with the normal level of naturally occurring deaths is the upward trend. You wouldn't expect a flat line throughout any year. There would be the usual peaks at times of seasonal flu outbreaks and periods of particularly cold (or excessively hot) weather. The thing that distinguishes this disease is the steep and prolonged upward trend.

It's not the NHS who create the statistical models and they certainly have no input in the figures for the rest of the world.

Left to its own devices, the overall mortality rate would be quite staggering before the virus finally burnt itself out. At present, the only possible intervention is reducing the infection rate through social isolation.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Apparently, Merseyside TA have nothing better to do
This about the kid involved - "In the letter, the aspiring soldier said he had "good gun aim", was fast and would do lots of practice."
No doubt a career as a street hoodlum awaits if he gets turned down for the Army!

First person I know has died of it, even though I didn't know them well it brings it home

I wondered why they weren't acknowledging anyone online, they were self isolating and must have just gone downhill rapidly

I thought they had done a silent flounce online, I guess dying counts as a good excuse

First person I know has died of it, even though I didn't know them well it brings it home

I wondered why they weren't acknowledging anyone online, they were self isolating and must have just gone downhill rapidly

I thought they had done a silent flounce online, I guess dying counts as a good excuse
Are you talking about Bugsy?

B42T

LE

fook, I had Weetabix 2 days ago plus some toast for brekkie on Tuesday.

I'm shitting it now :oops:

My mate's wife died in Italy a couple of weeks ago.

Respiratory infection after last ditch surgery (cancers and God knows what, she was meant to die 10 years since)

Coronavirus statistic.

magumba

Old-Salt
Anybody else noticed the "with" and "of" distinction made in mainstream media reporting i.e someone died WITH covid 19 or someone died OF covid 19 ? Whole lot of differences between the 2 and i'm sure its fubarring all the statistics

Anybody else noticed the "with" and "of" distinction made in mainstream media reporting i.e someone died WITH covid 19 or someone died OF covid 19 ? Whole lot of differences between the 2 and i'm sure its fubarring all the statistics
With luck, medical probing will determine actual cause and media probing will follow suit. Don't hold your breath, though.

Anonymous Yank

On ROPS
On ROPs
I am growing more concerned by the day...

I am down to watching re-runs of James May walting as @dingerr Simon Cowe @MrBane @StBob072 Simon Cowell and Bear Grylls on Man Lab.

FB_IMG_1585798117823.jpg

Everybody should stop worrying, because Lady Gaga is stepping up in this crisis. Now we know the cure is on the way.

View attachment 461750

That's got a cheery graph on it, 5% recovered 95% deaded based on discharges.

So if you get China flu bad enough to end up in hospital you is fooked is how I'm reading it, but lies, damn lies and statistics.

Oh, FFS. Can people also trust The Guardian to continue printing irrelevant crap?
I feel ashamed at how we fail to fully engage with our "communities of colour".

Still, it's handy to have a few pre-identified sites for the new plague pits Community Inclusivity Memorial Gardens we're going to need.

Last edited:

Latest Threads