Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

Coronavirus , How Concerned Are You ?

• I`m genuinely concerned and have started to make plans.

• Nothing to worry about , carry on as normal .

• I`ll be staying out of circulation until it dies down.

• I`ve cancelled all travel plans.

• Panic Panic Panic , we are all going to die .

• Time to stock pile food and water .

• I trust the British government to take care of everything.

Results are only viewable after voting.
evidence is starting to mount up thaqt china has being lying about the impact of CV and also were slyly buying up the worlds PPE before we understood how bad it was leaving us short, also china has been dishing out sub stabdard PPE as aid to EU countries who have had to reject them when they found out it was dodgy gear (i ve see this discussed in many places with mounting anger - this guy is a liberal ant-trumper)

Last edited:
We are a week into self-isolation and it is really upsetting me to witness the missus standing at the living room window gazing aimlessly into space with tears running down her cheeks.

It breaks my heart to see her like this. I have thought very hard about how I can cheer her up. I have even considered letting her in - but rules are rules!

I live in a low rise block of flats.

What has surprised me is how quiet my neighbours are. Normally the bastards are crashing about at all hours. Either they are all out doing essential work or they are all dead.

Winnet

Old-Salt
evidence is starting to mount up thaqt china has being lying about the impact of CV and also were slyly buying up the worlds PPE before we understood how bad it was leaving us short, also china has been dishing out sub stabdard PPE as aid to EU countries who have had to reject them when they found out it was dodgy gear (i ve see this discussed in many places with mounting anger - this guy is a liberal ant-trumper)

The Financial times are reporting this.

A little update from NYC

Well we now have some 800 Medical people at my work, 2 showing symptoms but not confirmed as of tonight when I left work.

National Guard finished building the field hospital at the Javits center and 4 others at SUNY Stony Brook college on Long Island

Homeless/Addicts/Buns still getting more and more aggressive on the mostly deserted streets and train stations demanding money

Food shortages in stores mostly gone now as people stopped panic buying (the governor made it seem as though they were going to be closed and people started buying anything.

Toilet paper still in short supply and you could make a fortune selling purell alcohol hand cleaner a half gallon jug selling easily for over 100 dollars

Elmhurst hospital in Queens had 8 dead in a few hours, till Mt Sinai surpassed them with 12 dead in half the time

President and Governor arguing over the number of Ventilators actually needed. Turns out about 2 years ago when recommended to buy more ventilators the Governor decided in a emergency there would not be enough trained people to use them so declined to order more. Now he demands 30K in days but has 11K in storage that NY wont issue out.

The Bill to help out passed but larded with democrats favorite pork
75 million for PBS TV
25 million to the Kennedy center for the arts
350 million for refugees re Illegal aliens

A little update from NYC

Well we now have some 800 Medical people at my work, 2 showing symptoms but not confirmed as of tonight when I left work.

National Guard finished building the field hospital at the Javits center and 4 others at SUNY Stony Brook college on Long Island

Homeless/Addicts/Buns still getting more and more aggressive on the mostly deserted streets and train stations demanding money

Food shortages in stores mostly gone now as people stopped panic buying (the governor made it seem as though they were going to be closed and people started buying anything.

Toilet paper still in short supply and you could make a fortune selling purell alcohol hand cleaner a half gallon jug selling easily for over 100 dollars

Elmhurst hospital in Queens had 8 dead in a few hours, till Mt Sinai surpassed them with 12 dead in half the time

President and Governor arguing over the number of Ventilators actually needed. Turns out about 2 years ago when recommended to buy more ventilators the Governor decided in a emergency there would not be enough trained people to use them so declined to order more. Now he demands 30K in days but has 11K in storage that NY wont issue out.

75 million for PBS TV
NYC is getting the shitty end of the stick. You have my best wishes for what they're worth.

A little update from NYC

75 million for PBS TV
On FB I saw a feed that said a 17 yr old had died of CoronaVirus after being refused admission to a hospital because his parents did not Health Insurance. Is this true?

I thought if the CDC declared it a public health emergency, treatment is based on need, not insurance status?

A little update from NYC

75 million for PBS TV
I have no idea about the American health system other than it’s insurance based. Is their a level of care provided if you have none at all and would you be denied medicine or equipment?

8beaten to it by Mothman but still intrigued.

On FB I saw a feed that said a 17 yr old had died of CoronaVirus after being refused admission to a hospital because his parents did not Health Insurance. Is this true?

I thought if the CDC declared it a public health emergency, treatment is based on need, not insurance status?
Honestly havent heard about this case.

I am under the impression you cannot be turned down for emergency care Even if an Illegal Alien by federal law. By that law a hospital must stabilize a patient

BigT

LE
I went for option 2 on the poll when the thread started but last week I clocked 135 hours and only made it home twice. We are hemorrhaging staff are an alarming rate, if it doesn't peek by a week next Wednesday I'll have to change to option 5.

BigT

LE
Honestly havent heard about this case.

I am under the impression you cannot be turned down for emergency care Even if an Illegal Alien by federal law. By that law a hospital must stabilize a patient
I'd normally be the first to jump all over Americas bizarre health care provision but in this case the kid that died had gone to a facility that didn't have an emergency care department, that being said given the circumstances they seemed to have negated their duty of care.

Mufulira

Old-Salt
A little update from NYC

75 million for PBS TV
Kennedy Center received their Dollars and promptly laid off the entire orchestra -- gratitude at it's best

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I live in a low rise block of flats.

What has surprised me is how quiet my neighbours are. Normally the bastards are crashing about at all hours. Either they are all out doing essential work or they are all dead.
I wish I could say the same, the bint in the flat above has had daytime parties all weekend!

We are a week into self-isolation and it is really upsetting me to witness the missus standing at the living room window gazing aimlessly into space with tears running down her cheeks.

It breaks my heart to see her like this. I have thought very hard about how I can cheer her up. I have even considered letting her in - but rules are rules!
Its time to put her out of her misery, it's the kind thing to do

Latest Threads