Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coronavirus: Health Secretary Matt Hancock issues call for 250,000 NHS volunteers

You surgeons have to be treated properly.
Rapid promotion is for winners. ;) From NHS Transport volunteer to surgeon In a single evening is astounding... I wonder if there is any mileage in ‘I could have been a General, give me some £££compo£££ for me?

I think you either have an organisation or you don't. If you can't be bothered to build and maintain an organisation you may as well start from scratch each time.

Got my confirmation through a couple of days ago now, and am set up on the app. It looks massively oversubscribed though, although that surely cant be a bad thing.

Not had a single neenaaw. I'm guessing that seeing I'm in the middle of a residential area, and I'm surrounded by other volunteers, I'm not going to get a call. Maybe it's a bit like the Uber thing and that you have to be near the point that you are first required to visit to be nominated.

What's happening with you lot?

How many hours do I have to log to get the medal?

What's happening with you lot?
I have been ‘live‘ since April 1st but to date, no callout. There are about 16 volunteers in my ’app’ map area including one medical professional who I imagine to be a permanent responder.

Medals? I was hoping it would be just a few minutes to qualify.

As a temporary measure, I have made a medal out of foil covered cardboard and a bit of christmas ribbon which I wear on my white coat when I loiter outside the health centre. I also have a very large ‘Emergency Responder On Call’ badge with flashing blue LEDs built in.

I don’t do it for the recognition and glory though.

I have been ‘live‘ since April 1st but to date, no callout. There are about 16 volunteers in my ’app’ map area including one medical professional who I imagine to be a permanent responder.

Medals? I was hoping it would be just a few minutes to qualify.

As a temporary measure, I have made a medal out of foil covered cardboard and a bit of christmas ribbon which I wear on my white coat when I loiter outside the health centre. I also have a very large ‘Emergency Responder On Call’ badge with flashing blue LEDs built in.

Are you any good with home births?

No, me neither, it’s all about doing your bit.

Anyway about this medal, we could have a parade. I was thinking September, is Sennelager free? Is the Queen free? People will talk about it for years, especially if it rains.

Same here, on go live day. Heck of a lot of volunteers around me but I dunno if even one has 'had the call'.

1,500 (got mine) 3,000 for the bar.
You must be staying on duty 72/7. Your dedication fair brings a lump to my throat and I salute you.

1586615720925.jpeg

Have any of our illustrious medal hunters volunteers had the call to arms yet?

My tally of call-outs after 28 days is a quite staggering...

zero

Have any of our illustrious medal hunters volunteers had the call to arms yet?

My tally of call-outs after 28 days is a quite staggering...

zero
They keep sending me emails about how to respond and how they've made changes so we can expect a flood of help requests. So far nothing. I can see 15 volunteers within 500 metres of me, poised for action.

They keep sending me emails about how to respond and how they've made changes so we can expect a flood of help requests. So far nothing. I can see 15 volunteers within 500 metres of me, poised for action.
Not just me then... I was about to change my brand of shower gel.

Latest Threads