Coronavirus (COVID-19) alerts.. Including any Paranoia

Missing the point Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are the rest of the UK.
They can have their seperate ways of dealing with the virus, but will they take responsibility for funding furloughed workers? Everyone has to stay in line over this
There is no seperate way of dealing with the virus. The national policy should appropriately address the mechanism for virus spread, which will be different in different locations and at different times.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
They can have their seperate ways of dealing with the virus, but will they take responsibility for funding furloughed workers? Everyone has to stay in line over this
As Westminster's paying the bill I expect so. Good luck we'll be watching with interest.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
It looks like we're in more trouble than I thought. Johnson has just described the corona virus outbreak as a once in a century affair...........like the floods which were meant to be once in a lifetime as opposed to an annual event.

I went shopping today, first time in about a month. Things have changed and I don’t think I’ll be going out again for another month or so.

F3F9C6C2-AD79-4D58-8049-5909E7E6A92D.jpeg
B6DAB9C6-91D6-446B-B602-EECDFAC39845.jpeg

Things are gradually being relaxed here in Thailand. From today shopping malls are being allowed to open, with various provisos, but most importantly, swimming pools are now open. We still cannot have an alcoholic drink with a meal at a restaurant, but can buy beer/wine/whatever to take home.

Our death toll (we are told) is 55, which is about the same as a typical day's road toll.

Ciggie

GCM
The ex mentioned yesterday that Slovakia is more or less back to normal...last week the death toll was....10...for the whole country. OK, only a population of 5 million...but that puts the 'risk' into real perspective. They haven't had any really draconian restrictions, not like here in Spain, nor anything like the overall...alleged...death toll. There again, they don't have a 30% (here in Barcelona) immigrant population or massive year-round tourism ( 4 million a year at last count....wheteher that'll ever be the same again, who knows. There's a lesson in there somewhere.

ExREME.TECH

War Hero

ExREME.TECH

War Hero
The ex mentioned yesterday that Slovakia is more or less back to normal...last week the death toll was....10...for the whole country. OK, only a population of 5 million...but that puts the 'risk' into real perspective. They haven't had any really draconian restrictions, not like here in Spain, nor anything like the overall...alleged...death toll. There again, they don't have a 30% (here in Barcelona) immigrant population or massive year-round tourism ( 4 million a year at last count....wheteher that'll ever be the same again, who knows. There's a lesson in there somewhere.
I'm in my car in Boston. Decided to stay away from my family because of my work.
I'm in the car smoking and I can see 6 houses. All EU and 4 have parties going on. The other 2 have guests turning up every 10 minutes

Continuing the bio-weapon conspiracy. It will be interesting to see what peer review comes up with.

'Australian researchers have raised troubling questions about the origin of the coronavirus, suggesting SARSCoV2 may not have occurred by chance in nature.

'In a preliminary paper yet to undergo peer review, scientists suggest people may have been involved in creating the devastating virus after their study found it was “uniquely adapted to infect humans”. The shock claim comes as China vehemently fends off continued suspicion that COVID-19 originated from a Wuhan Institute of Virology laboratory and many experts also rule out human involvement.

The Australian team used 3D computer modelling to reveal how well the virus attached to different species such as humans, bats, pangolins, cats and dogs. They “surprisingly” discovered that the coronavirus had the greatest binding strength with humans, followed by pangolins. Its ability to bind with bats, which are widely considered the link to people, was “considerably lower” than humans when it would have been expected the virus would be well adapted to bats. “Overall, the data indicates that SARSCoV2 is uniquely adapted to infect humans, raising questions as to whether it arose in nature by a rare chance event or whether its origins lie elsewhere,” the paper concludes.'

ExREME.TECH

War Hero
Can anyone explain why GP and mental health services have been all but shut-down?

It seems odd that the medics who are needed most are exposed to the greatest risk. Rubber gloves, a mask, and a face-shield are deemed adequate for those hands-on with the COVID infected; yet GPs apparently don’t consider the same kit and a 2 metre separation as being safe enough to talk to Mrs Miggins about her angina.

If a front line nurse goes down when lives are at risk, that’s a potential problem - but if a GP is out of action for a fortnight?…

Tracey (sans PPE) on the tills at Tesco is prepared to put her life on the line to let me buy some bog roll, but my GP won’t see me about potentially life-threatening complications after invasive surgery.

Can anyone explain why GP and mental health services have been all but shut-down?

It seems odd that the medics who are needed most are exposed to the greatest risk. Rubber gloves, a mask, and a face-shield are deemed adequate for those hands-on with the COVID infected; yet GPs apparently don’t consider the same kit and a 2 metre separation as being safe enough to talk to Mrs Miggins about her angina.

If a front line nurse goes down when lives are at risk, that’s a potential problem - but if a GP is out of action for a fortnight?…

Tracey (sans PPE) on the tills at Tesco is prepared to put her life on the line to let me buy some bog roll, but my GP won’t see me about potentially life-threatening complications after invasive surgery.
I thought they said that an emergency is still an emergency. Except for dentistry which reverted to NHS for emergencies.

Latest Threads