Coronavirus (COVID-19) alerts.. Including any Paranoia

BRANSON OFFERED BAILOUT!....

Sir Richard Branson has warned that airline Virgin Atlantic needs government support to survive.

In response the Treasury have offered him back ‘every single penny that he has paid in UK tax for the past 14 years.’

Chancellor Rishi Sunak described it as an ‘unprecedented offer’ but said that he cannot extend it to others as ‘to do so would cost the government money they can ill afford’.

Asked how much the offer to Branson would cost the UK taxpayer, Mr Sunak said he hasn’t yet calculated it exactly but believes it to be " In the Region of FUCK ALL."

Apologies if appearing on another thread, but with COVID-19 now infecting 3 full pages of Arrse, it's difficult to keep track.

'US intelligence agencies are investigating mobile phone data which suggests the Wuhan Institute of Virology had an emergency shutdown back in October last year.

'NBC News has reportedly obtained records which show that a “hazardous event” at the institute’s high security National Biosafety Laboratory may have occurred between October 6 and 11. This allegedly led to a shutdown of the P4 laboratory from October 7 to 24, during which there was no mobile activity. The laboratory, located a short distance from the Wuhan wet market at the centre of the coronavirus outbreak, is the facility the Trump administration is blaming for starting the pandemic.

'The report, which NBC says was carried out by private investigators, also suggested roadblocks around the laboratory were set up between October 14 and 19. US spy agencies are reviewing the document, but intelligence analysts examined and could not confirm a similar theory previously, two senior officials told NBC’s London-based News Verification Unit. The report offers no direct evidence of a shutdown, or any proof for the theory that the virus emerged accidentally from the lab.'

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The question I would put to the politicians- Boris

Is now that we are testing some people daily - less than 100k ish and have been locked in our houses for 6 weeks, why are there at least 4k new cases of CoVid identified every day

Where are these cases and what is the analysis regarding how these new cases have become infected, no one is asking that question and therefore no answer is forthcoming

Archie

Apologies if appearing on another thread, but with COVID-19 now infecting 3 full pages of Arrse, it's difficult to keep track.

'US intelligence agencies are investigating mobile phone data which suggests the Wuhan Institute of Virology had an emergency shutdown back in October last year.

'NBC News has reportedly obtained records which show that a “hazardous event” at the institute’s high security National Biosafety Laboratory may have occurred between October 6 and 11. This allegedly led to a shutdown of the P4 laboratory from October 7 to 24, during which there was no mobile activity. The laboratory, located a short distance from the Wuhan wet market at the centre of the coronavirus outbreak, is the facility the Trump administration is blaming for starting the pandemic.

'The report, which NBC says was carried out by private investigators, also suggested roadblocks around the laboratory were set up between October 14 and 19. US spy agencies are reviewing the document, but intelligence analysts examined and could not confirm a similar theory previously, two senior officials told NBC’s London-based News Verification Unit. The report offers no direct evidence of a shutdown, or any proof for the theory that the virus emerged accidentally from the lab.'

Well obviously the mobile network shutdown at the Covid lab was so the virus could integrate with the new 5g technology before it was released.

I noticed a new trend today on my essential commute.

Cars have suddenly appeared with milk, bread and toilet paper on their rear parcel shelf. I suspect this is like the old CD disc hanging from the rear view mirror to repel police officers in the pursuance of their duty.

The one with the bog paper was patently pissed.

Cars have suddenly appeared with milk, bread and toilet paper on their rear parcel shelf. I suspect this is like the old CD disc hanging from the rear view mirror to repel police officers in the pursuance of their duty.

It takes me about ten minutes to get back home from my usual supermarket so if plod stop me in that time they can have a look at the time of purchase shown on my till receipt.

ExREME.TECH

War Hero

The EU homeless that my mate looks after, weat hi-viz jackets while they check to see what cars doors are open to get their money for vodka

Last edited:

magumba

Old-Salt

Boris the genius

ExREME.TECH

War Hero
I have sussed it out.
When all of our hair looks like Boris' hair he will let us go back to normal

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Pardon?

Tobias Ellwood on @GMB

"Hopes Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland will fall into line with the rest of the UK".

Obviously taking his lead from his leader.

Pardon?

Tobias Ellwood on @GMB

"Hopes Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland will fall into line with the rest of the UK".

As I have said elsewhere the virus doesn't work on national scales. The devolved governments policies not being in line with the UKGOV policy (or vice versa) is a non-issue. The fact that the extant policies don't distinguish between the trajectory of the spread between rural scotland and the central belt or between London and Lincolnshire is.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
As I have said elsewhere the virus doesn't work on national scales. The devolved governments policies not being in line with the UKGOV policy (or vice versa) is a non-issue. The fact that the extant policies don't distinguish between the trajectory of the spread between rural scotland and the central belt or between London and Lincolnshire is.
Missing the point Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are the rest of the UK.

Pardon?

Tobias Ellwood on @GMB

They can have their seperate ways of dealing with the virus, but will they take responsibility for funding furloughed workers? Everyone has to stay in line over this

Latest Threads