Coronavirus (COVID-19) alerts.. Including any Paranoia

Apparently a German cruise ship is taking tips from loopy US train drivers (with more success)

Mind you, what shitty luck, trying to intercept/block a ship in the Caribbean and finding out the hard way, it is an icebreaker...

endure

GCM

Dr Death

Old-Salt
Seems local plod out in force to stop those after a day at the coast in the warm.
Even Brighton Nudist beach had people on it earlier, Any on arrse down with the binoculars surveying totty?

A pwetiton on Change.org

"5g technology is detrimental to our health. 60 megahertz radiation emitting towers use all the oxygen in the atmosphere causing respiratory problems for humans..."

Apparently 5G transmits at 60Mhz...

Batshit crazy loons...
Yep, you need to listen to the well-judged and informed wisdom of a man who's profession involves getting blunt force trauma to the head on a regular basis.

'Former world champion boxer Amir Khan has suggested that coronavirus did not originate in and China and that the Covid-19 pandemic could be part of a plot to test new 5G communication networks and “get rid of a lot of us.”

'In a confusing series of clips, the British star repeated a baseless conspiracy theory linking coronavirus to the 5G broadband network, which has recently been rolled out in several countries across the world. Despite expert scientific studies repeatedly concluding that the high-speed communications system does not pose a threat to humans, Khan said he had “been watching a lot of these videos and stuff” and believed the technology “obviously”poisons human cells and blood, adding that it would “make things bad.” “I don’t think it’s coming from China,” a drowsy-looking Khan said in a story on Instagram, where he has more than 1.3 million followers. “That’s a lie, really. People are saying that they were eating bats and snakes and the poison mixed. What b*llshit is that? Do you believe that? I don’t.'

mcphee1948

War Hero
I like the phrase "drowsy-looking". A modern update from the old "tired and emotional"?

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
How `many I want my 15 minutes, all single mums?

We think you have a young child and it must hard keeping them entertained in a flat.
Can we please ask that you try and reduce the running around as this is really loud. Especially early in the mornings where it wakes us up most days. Thanks in advance.'

Alexa Bowyer, 39, and son Ted visited the store in Hookstone Chase, Harrogate, on Wednesday to spend the lunch vouchers they had received from his school to help during the lockdown period.

Words escape me, he has free school meals, well free to her, so she wasn't working before hand.

60mhz is VHF, HF is 3 to 30mhz, VHF is 30. to 300 mhz. A VHF antenna at 60 MHz would be 5 metres long, but most antennas use 1/4 wavelength antennas which would be 1.25m or a fraction under 4 feet. Sorry sigs pl coming out!
You scanner, you !

5G operate at 3.5 -4.5 gig -ish

happyuk

War Hero
Another thing going on in the UK that is puzzling me. Why are we clapping the NHS? It is right and just to applaud NHS workers, but that is not the same thing. Virtually everyone has reason to thank good nurses, doctors and paramedics. But if we are to praise large organisations for how effectively they have dealt with the coronavirus crisis, we should be clapping vigorously for retailers like Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Waitrose and Morrisons, who have responded nimbly to sudden extra demand for one of life’s basics – food. We should give only rather tepid applause for the efforts of the NHS to look after another of life’s basics – health.

As its name suggests, the National Health Service is there to serve the health of the nation. In this crisis, the roles have reversed – it is seen as the duty of the nation to serve the NHS. "Protect the NHS. Save lives", says the slogan, in that rather surprising order. Children are made to recite it like a prayer. How are we to do this?

We are told (ordered?) that we must help the NHS by avoiding hospitals and surgeries. The Government’s policy of lockdown is in significant part dictated by the demands not of patients, but of the NHS, and by its lack of adaptability and readiness.

Another thing going on in the UK that is puzzling me. Why are we clapping the NHS? It is right and just to applaud NHS workers, but that is not the same thing. Virtually everyone has reason to thank good nurses, doctors and paramedics. But if we are to praise large organisations for how effectively they have dealt with the coronavirus crisis, we should be clapping vigorously for retailers like Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Waitrose and Morrisons, who have responded nimbly to sudden extra demand for one of life’s basics – food. We should give only rather tepid applause for the efforts of the NHS to look after another of life’s basics – health.

As its name suggests, the National Health Service is there to serve the health of the nation. In this crisis, the roles have reversed – it is seen as the duty of the nation to serve the NHS. "Protect the NHS. Save lives", says the slogan, in that rather surprising order. Children are made to recite it like a prayer. How are we to do this?

We are told (ordered?) that we must help the NHS by avoiding hospitals and surgeries. The Government’s policy of lockdown is in significant part dictated by the demands not of patients, but of the NHS, and by its lack of adaptability and readiness.
ssshhhh the picture is "not true" - special triple unbluff bluff..

So why isn't it called 3.5 to 4.5 ish G
IIRC, freq allocation was summat to do with what frequency bands were made available by OFCOM and also with agreement with the European ITU. The freq used can go up to 26ghz apparently. Theres probably a coverage and data rate trade off somewhere.

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
IIRC, freq allocation was summat to do with what frequency bands were made available by OFCOM and also with agreement with the European ITU. The freq used can go up to 26ghz apparently. Theres probably a coverage and data rate trade off somewhere.
I was a radar tech. I WAS trying to be funny

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs

I saw a nurse in uniform.
With hubby and two brats going for a bike ride today.
I'm a key worker and was called in

Latest Threads