Coronavirus (COVID-19) alerts.. Including any Paranoia

woger wabbit

War Hero
Pardon me but the man was wearing wellies to stop the sheep running away?
You've always been fairly coherent apart from when you talk about religion - but what have wellies on a man have to do with a sheep's ability to run?
Pop it's back legs in the tops, so I am told! :rolleyes:

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Chinese have some drills for it:

Not sure what that Soviet hammer and sickle sign is though!

...and the Peoples Liberation Fuzz Force drill for catching a spitting COVID19 plague spreader is......a copper with butterfly net ?

<slow clap>

Shutting the gate after the horse has bolted, although in this case it appears they've probably eaten the horse already.

'Chinese lawmakers agreed Monday to thoroughly ban the illegal wildlife trade and eliminate bad habits of eating wild animals in China, the decision was hailed as "timely" and demonstrates a "global impact" experts agreed. The decision will "thoroughly ban illegal wildlife trade and eliminate bad habits of eating wild animals to safeguard people's health and livelihoods." The decision was made on Monday's bimonthly session of the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress, China's top legislature.'

Not just the Cloggies getting anti.

'A woman was knocked unconscious after standing up for a friend who was racially abused during a night out in the West Midlands.

'Meera Solanki, 29, was celebrating her birthday with friends in Solihull when she was punched in the face by a man. Ms Solanki told Birmingham newspaper the Sunday Mercury that the man repeatedly “harassed” her and her friends before telling her Chinese friend to “take your coronavirus and take it back home”. When she stood up for Mandy Huang, 28, the man punched Ms Solanki in the face.'

Robme

On ROPS
On ROPs
I have never entered a farm for the express purpose of interfering with sheep, nor have I endorsed such actions.
It’s ok your secret is safe on here. We won’t tell mum’s net what you are up to.

Niamac

GCM
Because there is no cure. And it’s not like any flu, theWorld has had to deal with.
Don't really want to start an argument but the "Spanish Flu" after WW1 killed between 20 and 40 million people worldwide and struck mainly at people between 20 and 40 years of age. This one has killed about 2600 and the recovery rate is now starting to match the early infection rate. The deaths appear to be mainly among the very old, those with comorbidities and those with a compromised immune system. I do agree about the point regarding mutation but all Corona viruses have that characteristic.

So last night, just after we'd got in bed and were settling down, she pipes up with, "Are you worried about catching this coronavirus?" Me ,"No".

Wrong answer. She spends hours on mumsnet and faceshite and I'd hazard a guess they're both into zombie apocalypse mode by the way she then carried on, saying how scary it all is.

"Just a moment, my sweet", quoth I. "To the nearest million, how many have died from this virus?"
Her, "Errrrrm..."
Me, "To the nearest million, the answer is 'none'. It's also 'none' to the nearest 100,000 and even to the nearest 10,000. In fact more people have died today worldwide in traffic accidents than have died in total so far from this virus since it started - and the vast majority have been in the place where it started, China. So WTF are you worried about precisely?"

Unsurprisingly I was wrong there as well. Still, you can't beat having a good old girly panic over something that is extremely unlikely to effect you, can you? I'd be slightly more worried about the economic effect it might have but there again, a few Chinese businesses going tits up might bring some jobs back to the UK, so "every cloud", eh?

You can admit the truth on here, we won’t tell anybody? First hand experience here, I believe (coz that’s how Arrse works) that you have been out at night with your proctologist’s qualification?
I bloody well will

I have never entered a farm for the express purpose of interfering with sheep, nor have I endorsed such actions.
Well not since the Court Order

Pardon me but the man was wearing wellies to stop the sheep running away?
You've always been fairly coherent apart from when you talk about religion - but what have wellies on a man have to do with a sheep's ability to run?
Wah?

The only bore about this strain of flu and the accompanying hysteria are the effect so far on the stock market and the fact that you could end up in quarantine in some far flung country , only to end up in quarantine once you got back ( assuming you were able to get back ) , so I have cancelled travel plans for the time being .
Some local sage told me the best antidote is to drink five pints of a good draught beer and talk a load of bollocks , and you cannot do that in some foreign place , so I'm staying put .

The only bore about this strain of flu and the accompanying hysteria are the effect so far on the stock market and the fact that you could end up in quarantine in some far flung country , only to end up in quarantine once you got back ( assuming you were able to get back ) , so I have cancelled travel plans for the time being .
Some local sage told me the best antidote is to drink five pints of a good draught beer and talk a load of bollocks , and you cannot do that in some foreign place , so I'm staying put .
I think you would have been OK, it's only Brighton you were going to.

Latest Threads