Coronavirus (COVID-19) alerts.. Including any Paranoia

Talking of paranoia - where's the main thread gone?

E2A: :rolleyes: d'oh - remove unread filter before suspecting Big brother....

I regularly see what look like tourists in London with masks on, and have done so for a few years. I have seen no Caucasians in London with masks on (unless they are Lycra-warriors on bikes). Our office building how has hand sanitation stands by all the entrances and staff and visitors are 'invited' to clean their hands before approaching reception or the turnstiles. Internally, we have been advised to stay at home with any sniffles.

ETA: A friend of mine who is a freight pilot for an airline based in East Asia is instructed to wear a mask AT ALL TIMES away from the aircraft. Failure to do so is instant dismissal. I would imagine a lot of other companies might impose similar restrictions; we are limited to holding inconveniently-timed VTC these days - no travel under any circumstances to or from China, HK or Singapore (including transits).
York has a high proportion oriental types who habitually wear masks and have always done so; it's nothing new. My understanding has always been that they do so out of politeness so as not to unavoidably spread cold germs. All the 'Caucasians' I share a train to work with would do well to be as thoughtful, rather than coughing all over their neighbours without so much as a by your leave - the filthy bstads.

York has a high proportion oriental types who habitually wear masks and have always done so; it's nothing new. My understanding has always been that they do so out of politeness so as not to unavoidably spread cold germs.
Certainly, that has long been the case with the Japanese- don't know about other oriental folk but wouldn't surprise me if that was also the case with them too.
In the event of an epidemic (or threat of) it may spill over into self preservation, I remember landing at Narita on one occasion when there was an outbreak of Swine or Bird fever in UK there were many more ground staff than usual wearing in face masks but once out of the airport it was normal situation.

I haven't seen any Chinese people wearing masks in the Rhondda Valleys or Tonypandy yet. Life continues as normal there.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
They are going to have pods at our local hospital
by the time they have wasted all that money
messed about installing them
the outbreak will be over
Same as when H1N1 flu was the next big killah - and HMG bought vaccine from the big Pharma companies (who bankroll the World health Organisation, according to John Le Carre and others)

By April 2010, it was apparent that most of the vaccine was not needed. The US government had bought 229 million doses of H1N1 vaccines of which 91 million doses were used; of the surplus, some of it was stored in bulk, some of it was sent to developing countries and 71 million doses will be destroyed.[132] The World Health Organization is planning to examine if it overreacted to the H1N1 outbreak.[132]

I haven't seen any Chinese people wearing masks in the Rhondda Valleys or Tonypandy yet. Life continues as normal there.
i expect that it is so generally filthy there that nothing short of an nbc suit would be effective

i expect that it is so generally filthy there that nothing short of an nbc suit would be effective
We're not filthy. That thing about sheep shagging is a myth, a fabrication of sexually perverted English minds. Come and check our sheep, if you don't believe me. See how tight and intact they are.

Niamac

GCM
Why do we keep calling it "CORONADA VIRUS or COVID 19" as if it was the Black Death?

It's Wuhan flu.

Was I the only reader hoping that was rhyming slang for... I’ll get my coat.
Unlike the civvies, we veterans can afford the nice to have amenities to make our hospital stays more comfortable. Nothing's too good for our veterans. :thumright: :p
Carry On Nurse.jpg

Not at the moment. About 150 men have self-isolated in a Weatherspoons for the next several hours.
Does every village still have one RAF pub that sells scrumpy on draught ?

My favourite watering hole in the late 60's was the Hanbury in Bargoed.

If you can't remember that time in the 60's, it was just as likely the scrumpy, rather than the pharmaceuticals......

Does every village still have one RAF pub that sells scrumpy on draught ?

My favourite watering hole in the late 60's was the Hanbury in Bargoed.

If you can't remember that time in the 60's, it was just as likely the scrumpy, rather than the pharmaceuticals......
That was decades before my time, but I used to go drinking in the valleys with an RAF national service veteran of that period. He'd go drinking in the local, and it was 2p a pint then, he told me.

That was decades before my time, but I used to go drinking in the valleys with an RAF national service veteran of that period. He'd go drinking in the local, and it was 2p a pint then, he told me.

Literally half the price of beer.

You weren't allowed to drink it in the juke- box room on a Friday or Saturday night, though....... in case someone foolishly put on a Val Doonican record.

And Ukrainiains are normally so rational.;)

'Dozens of protesters in a Ukrainian town have attacked buses carrying evacuees from coronavirus-hit China. The evacuees were brought to the hospital in Novi Sanzhary, in the central Poltava region, where they will be held in quarantine for 14 days. President Volodymyr Zelensky urged the protesters to show empathy.

'Ukraine's security service (SBU) said a fake email claiming to be from the health ministry falsely said some evacuees had contracted the virus. SBU officials are now investigating the apparent hoax, a statement said. Ukraine has no confirmed cases of the new coronavirus, which originated last year in China's Hubei province.'

Oh no, there are dangerous plagued zombies on buses ...... to avoid the risk of catching plague from people on buses let’s get into closer proximity with them

Oh no, there are dangerous plagued zombies on buses ...... to avoid the risk of catching plague from people on buses let’s get into closer proximity with them
Ergo, my comment about 'rationality'.

Latest Threads