coronation medal?

To big themselves up I suppose.
Very likely , if the bloke I saw last year prancing about in Buffs regalia at a Branch I was visiting last year on Remembrance Sunday was anything to go by.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It's just bling, military style tat! Still if you want to be laughed at go ahead and add it to your rack.

Members of my Regimental Association started turning up with bling until it was pointed out that it is not supported by the Association and correct dress at regimental events was official medals only. After a few red faces most of the bling has disappeared but some are still thick skinned and wear them. But they are civvies now and can wear what they want.

As I understand it, anything not officially state awarded should be worn on the right breast, even medals from respected organisations like the royal humane society.
You're right,but those medals are awarded medals such as those the Royal Humane Society and the RNLI present to those who deserve it. I think that's why there is the distinction between those medals and those commemorative medals which can be purchased by anyone. We're very much in the minutiae of protocol now which is beyond me. I'm sure there will be someone on here who knows for certain.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Queen Elizabeth II 65th Anniversary Coronation Full Size Medal

is this classed as an official issue? people discussing mounting this and got me wondering as military service is required?

Ta
Looks like most of the posters above haven't been keeping abreast of the correct DINs.
Suffice to say it's now got official sanction as the sovereign's head is on the obverse, so you can slap one up - after the QDJG of course.

I guess the company can mount it as well, so you might as well go the whole hog & send them your rack to get sorted.
Be the first oke to have it up at the next parade.

Looks like most of the posters above haven't been keeping abreast of the correct DINs.
Suffice to say it's now got official sanction as the sovereign's head is on the obverse, so you can slap one up - after the QDJG of course.

I guess the company can mount it as well, so you might as well go the whole hog & send them your rack to get sorted.
After you...

WAH

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer