• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

coronation medal?

Trilby

Clanker
Book Reviewer
As a rule of thumb, I understand that anything produced by Award is unofficial.

[As said rather more succinctly by CAARPS and Onetap]

SSAFA cashes in on the sad ******* who buy one.

AWARD is a proud supporter of Veteran Groups & Charities since 1986 and has donated over £1 million to date. We will be donating 10% from the net sale (£3.75 of each full-size and £1.29 of each miniature) of the Commemorative Queen Elizabeth 65th Anniversary Coronation Medal in support of SSAFA, the Armed Forces Charity. Registered as a charity in England and Wales, Number 210760 in Scotland Number SCO38056 and in Republic of Ireland Number 20006082.

You can buy no end of bling medals from various sites. Nothing wrong with that if you're into that sort of thing but can only be worn under official issue medals or mounted in a frame . I can remember many years ago a few of the members from my branch of the RBL bought the General Service Cross and mounted it alongside their own service medals.(you'd have thought they of all people would have known better) The Parade Sergeant Major on Remembrance Sunday soon disabused them of that notion. I think a row of commemorative medals looks daft under your own medals anyhow. ( unless you want to look like a North Korean General.)

Last edited:
AWARD is proud to announce the striking of the Commemorative Queen Elizabeth 65th Anniversary Coronation Medal .

You can buy no end of bling medals from various sites. Nothing wrong with that if you're into that sort of thing but can only be worn under official issue medals or mounted in a frame . I can remember many years ago a few of the members from my branch of the RBL bought the General Service Cross and mounted it alongside their own service medals.(you'd have thought they of all people would have known better) The Parade Sergeant Major on Remembrance Sunday soon disabused them of that notion. I think a row of commemorative medals looks daft under your own medals anyhow. ( unless you want to look like a North Korean General.)
Civvies can wear their medals (real or bling) where they like.

The cünts do that to make it look like a George Cross.

Not a fan of this stuff, but... some of it is rather nice - and better than some of the designs that have emanated from the Royal Mint. From a numismatic perspective they're very beautiful things. Some of it though, is utter garbage.

As I understand it, anything not officially state awarded should be worn on the right breast, even medals from respected organisations like the royal humane society.

The cünts do that to make it look like a George Cross.
I've been tempted to have all my medals mounted together, just cos I know some people would start frothing about it. I've been looking like a **** for years so deliberately doing it won't be a problem to me. However it's not cheap and I'm lazy
I didn't buy any of them, just thought about adding the once I couldn't wear in uniform.