Corona virus tinfoil hat thread

....probably arrsers who are reliving Granby.
...locked down, wearing gloves , doing the full works when going for a sh#t only to find yer mates are playing football with the bog roll, forcing you to adapt and overcome.

ACAB

LE
I panicked there for a moment, thinking I’d lost my sense of taste, but then I realised that for once, the wife had ”made” the coffee.

Latest conspiracy theory...
(tinfoil hats on)

Prince Andrew is going to 'die', and I don't mean that his heart is going to stop beating... There will be a body, an autopsy, relevant paperwork and funeral.
But he will be shipped off quietly to some place in South America to eek out his days as a farmer....

(tinfoil hats off)
You ain't seen me, right.

TheAssassin

War Hero
Latest conspiracy theory...
(tinfoil hats on)

Prince Andrew is going to 'die', and I don't mean that his heart is going to stop beating... There will be a body, an autopsy, relevant paperwork and funeral.
But he will be shipped off quietly to some place in South America to eek out his days as a farmer....

(tinfoil hats off)
You ain't seen me, right.
South America, doubt will be Argentina, they don't like our war heroes there

Is it just the way I've read this, or did the UK government commit taxpayer money to a significant order for a device that hadn't even been designed, let alone tested and certified to work at the time? That hardly sounds fiscally responsible, despite the circumstances; is this endemic of the way government procurement is operating?

'Billionaire entrepreneur Sir James Dyson has said “the race is on” to get a new ventilator into production after the Government ordered 10,000 to help tackle the coronavirus pandemic. In an email to staff, the inventor said his eponymous company had designed the “CoVent” at the request of Boris Johnson, and promised to donate 5,000 to the international relief effort.

'Sir James said teams of engineers had been working solidly on the design since receiving the call from the Prime Minister 10 days ago. The company is now waiting for the design to receive regulatory approval so manufacturing can commence. “We have received an initial order of 10,000 units from the UK Government which we will supply on an open-book basis. We are also looking at ways of making it available internationally.”

mcphee1948

Old-Salt
Do you like this product's title "CoVent"? What associations does it conjure up?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

daz

LE
Is it just the way I've read this, or did the UK government commit taxpayer money to a significant order for a device that hadn't even been designed, let alone tested and certified to work at the time? That hardly sounds fiscally responsible, despite the circumstances; is this endemic of the way government procurement is operating?

'Billionaire entrepreneur Sir James Dyson has said “the race is on” to get a new ventilator into production after the Government ordered 10,000 to help tackle the coronavirus pandemic. In an email to staff, the inventor said his eponymous company had designed the “CoVent” at the request of Boris Johnson, and promised to donate 5,000 to the international relief effort.

'Sir James said teams of engineers had been working solidly on the design since receiving the call from the Prime Minister 10 days ago. The company is now waiting for the design to receive regulatory approval so manufacturing can commence. “We have received an initial order of 10,000 units from the UK Government which we will supply on an open-book basis. We are also looking at ways of making it available internationally.”

Cant see the problem if it brings a new source of ventilators on stream swiftly, reading that report, the only thing they are waiting on is approval, which, if its coming from the UK only, should be a swift process

mcphee1948

Old-Salt
That it comes with a "garden"?
How do you get "garden" out of "Covent " Doesn't the name Covent seem like "Convent" which is a religious enclosure to seclude and protect the population from CV19.

How do you get "garden" out of "Covent " Doesn't the name Covent seem like "Convent" which is a religious enclosure to seclude and protect the population from CV19.
Oh, for heaven’s sake! Don’t they teach history at school any more?
‘Covent’ is the 11th C name for Coventry, whence came Lady Godiva, and she is best known for displaying her ‘Lady Garden’.
Alles klar, now?

mcphee1948

Old-Salt
‘Covent’ is the 11th C name for Coventry, whence came Lady Godiva, and she is best known for displaying her ‘Lady Garden’.
Alles klar, now?
Ich bin fur den Fuhrer, Sieg heil!

Cats.

They're making their move the little ingratiating, cute, psycho bastards.

Enforcing the thin blue line the other day in a village Post Office I was watching a now illegal gathering of four, admittedly everyone keeping their distance.

Moggy trots out of a house and up to its owner and gets a stroke, then off the next nearest person then to the other two for more attention.

I've a little black bugger on my lap who's enjoying the tickle and keeping me typing one handed, the Tortie has already had her required amount of fussing.
I have no idea where they've been overnight or what they do during the day......……...well sleep a lot obviously.

Quick get the word out before she cotton on and starts walking over the sdfhy 5Q78K M

Which tellytubby would he dress up as?
Currently I can offer

Unicorn
Cowboy riding a horse (nothing brokeback thank you)
Grim reaper (saving this for when @jarrod248 succumbs - will burst into the funeral shouting "finally got that bastard')

Alles klar, now?
Lady Godiva is one of the immortal lizard blooded beings, currently known as Lady GaGa. Putin is another, have you seen the pictures of him in WW1 and WW2?
Connect the dots sheeple.
putin immortal.jpg

Latest Threads