Corona virus tinfoil hat thread

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Operation chaos and disorder has hit up here with announcement of 2, yes, 2 confirmed cases in a patient population of 321,000.

We have had schools shut, health centres cancelling all but emergency appointments and all future patient contact to be by phone rather than face to face.

And now we have to telephone prescreen all patients. No one to darken our doors if they have any sort of cough or a raised temperature.

Am so glad I'm salaried.

JackSofty

War Hero
That's the bloody COSHH assessments for you. Our cleaners aren't allowed to use bleach down the toilets. Hospitals used to smell clean in the 70's.
Often wondered why medical facilities did not smell of antiseptic and phenolic compounds for years and guessed that it probably led to the rise in MRSA and C Dif.
Bloody fools.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

Often wondered why medical facilities did not smell of antiseptic and phenolic compounds for years and guessed that it probably led to the rise in MRSA and C Dif.
Bloody fools.

Oddly enough this morning when I went into our Maternity Hospital (for breakfast!) there was a distinct whiff of disinfectant in the lobby - first in a long time that I've smelt "proper" disinfectant smell in a hospital. Nothing wrong with phenolic compounds - we still use them for certain lab disinfecting procedure in Microbiology.

latest from Public Health Wales is you no longer call 111 if you have symptoms just stay in self isolation for 7 days so I cant wait for the next couple of days to pass to hear them exclaiming how few cases there are in wales when in fact they aren't actually counting them anymore, we're being taken for mugs by the govt

endure

GCM
indoors.jpg

JackSofty

War Hero
Oddly enough this morning when I went into our Maternity Hospital (for breakfast!) there was a distinct whiff of disinfectant in the lobby - first in a long time that I've smelt "proper" disinfectant smell in a hospital.
Hmmm, now there is a surprise and a welcome one too!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Oddly enough this morning when I went into our Maternity Hospital (for breakfast!) there was a distinct whiff of disinfectant in the lobby - first in a long time that I've smelt "proper" disinfectant smell in a hospital. Nothing wrong with phenolic compounds - we still use them for certain lab disinfecting procedure in Microbiology.
Absolutely no change to our usual decontamination procedures.

But then again, we've always taken universal precautions and assumed that every patient has a nasty virus

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Just had an email through stating that patients do not need to sign their GP17 (the standard government form saying if you pay for NHS treatment or not and that you've had a course of treatment.)

No mention of the other obligatory paperwork we need signed such as a medical history..

On querying it, I have been told to wait.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I noticed last night that the update on numbers infected on the telly was not accompanied by the number of deaths.Is this a plan not to frighten the population?

Widespread school closures are now looking increasingly likely. Not because government policy has changed but due to lack of staff.

The NEU are recommending shutting schools to the majority of students and only letting in those kids on free school meals, whose parents work in the NHS or would be looked after by grandparents if not in school.

Son just posted this on FaceAche:

starter kit for toilet rolls.jpg

Starter pack for toilet rolls - should be ready in about three weeks :)

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Middle miss F's hospital has been hit by norovirus.

Just to really show that the hand washing message is not getting through.

And 2 of those with D&V are doctors.

Morning All,
My plan is to move to Italy(if they let me). Eat rabbit food, drink cow piss and **** myself to death before I catch it. At least I won't have to worry about suicide bombers or 10+ feet of King Cobra

Attachments

Widespread school closures are now looking increasingly likely. Not because government policy has changed but due to lack of staff.

The NEU are recommending shutting schools to the majority of students and only letting in those kids on free school meals, whose parents work in the NHS or would be looked after by grandparents if not in school.
Latest news is Scotland and Wales are planning for immediate school closures from next week. No word yet on if this is a 2 week Easter holiday earlier than usual and back to school after, an extended 4 week Easter until April or closed indefinitely until August or later.

England schools to be covered in the announcement by Gavin Williamson at 17:00 today.

Ritch

LE
Absolutely no change to our usual decontamination procedures.

But then again, we've always taken universal precautions and assumed that every patient has a nasty virus
I went to the dentist yesterday for a new bridge fitting. The dentist and his technician were wearing the usual mask but also had a clear visor covering their entire face which I've never had before.

Latest news is Scotland and Wales are planning for immediate school closures from next week. No word yet on if this is a 2 week Easter holiday earlier than usual and back to school after, an extended 4 week Easter until April or closed indefinitely until August or later.
Going to be a lot of stressed-out parents by the end of August, particularly if they can't retreat to the pub!

'Schools and nurseries across Scotland are to close at the end of this week, the First Minister has said. Nicola Sturgeon confirmed they will shut from Friday as they have lost too many staff to continue as normal. She added she couldn’t promise they would reopen until after the summer holidays.'

'All schools in Wales will be shut on Friday. The move was announced today, and comes after a number of schools already announced they were left with little option but to close in order to protect pupils and staff.'

Latest Threads