Cornwall - Short Break.

Members of the Arrserati I find myself in the unusual position of being indecisive and therefore, call upon your help.

It being Friday afternoon I am confident of assistance.

A couple of months ago I booked a short (3 nights) mid- week break in Cornwall.

In view of the current crisis I am not sure whether to go or not. The hotel will be open but will anything else? Am I more at risk in the hotel or in the throng trying to buy comestibles?

Before I serious ponder on the problem with the help of Johnnie Walker I appeal to the members.

Mrs R is not much help at he best of times but seems to be of the opinion that it might be best to stay in the comfort of Rockpile Towers.

Open for observations.

Are you in the "at risk" category? If not go and enjoy it. Even if everywhere is closed, you can still go for a walk and you will be helping out a local hotelier who is about to have a crap summer.

Are you in the "at risk" category? If not go and enjoy it. Even if everywhere is closed, you can still go for a walk and you will be helping out a local hotelier who is about to have a crap summer.
I am not 70+ (quite) and in good health so I don't consider myself as being particularly vulnerable.

Thank you for your observation.

Rab_C

War Hero
The weather forecast for this part of the world next week looks good. If you’re in a hotel then you won’t have to mix with the rest of the country trying to fill your larder. I’d go ahead and do it.

This place is still open according to their web site.

Well worth a visit.

philc

LE
Ideal time to leave the house unoccupied, make sure you take the bog roll in case of home invasion.

anglo

LE
Members of the Arrserati I find myself in the unusual position of being indecisive and therefore, call upon your help.

In view of the current crisis I am not sure whether to go or not. The hotel will be open but will anything else? Am I more at risk in the hotel or in the throng trying to buy comestibles?

Before I serious ponder on the problem with the help of Johnnie Walker I appeal to the members.

Mrs R is not much help at he best of times but seems to be of the opinion that it might be best to stay in the comfort of Rockpile Towers.

Open for observations.
At this moment there are 10 cases of the virus down here, there's a bit of rumbling
going on about people coming down here for their Easter break,
the worry is that people might bring the virus down to Cornwall,
{I care not whether people come to Cornwall or not}
The stores are short of stock, can the hotel feed you?
I hear the pubs are open, some cafés are open still
The NT have shut down though the Gardens and walks are still open
no staff, no eats
A lot of people are staying in, seems the youngsters are still going on the piss
Places of entertainment, museums etc are closed, there's freck all to do,
Cornwall is the most miserable place in the world when it's raining
at the moment it's worse than that down here,
My advice is, if you can get your money back, take it
and stay home

@anglo

I am obliged to you for the information.

I grew up by the seaside in a rural area (Lincs) and know what these places can be like out of season and if that is coupled by what little there is being closed it wouldn't be pleasant.

The hotel is providing half-board (assuming they have food). I wouldn't be able to get a refund but it isn't a great deal of money.

Still pondering. Thanks again.

Am taking 2 eldest granddaughters (9 & 11) for a few days in what was the Easter Break. Hotel I like has villas in the grounds and is relatively isolated. We're still determined to go, no matter what.
Tourism board is saying it's still OK, they're responding to government advice etc. so the situation is still fluid.

Ideal time to leave the house unoccupied, make sure you take the bog roll in case of home invasion.
I certainly will take it with be but there could be highwaymen in the West country. The 25kg bag of rice that I bought a couple of weeks ago will be with me.

anglo

LE
@anglo

I am obliged to you for the information.

I grew up by the seaside in a rural area (Lincs) and know what these places can be like out of season and if that is coupled by what little there is being closed it wouldn't be pleasant.

The hotel is providing half-board (assuming they have food). I wouldn't be able to get a refund but it isn't a great deal of money.

Still pondering. Thanks again.
If you cancel, by way of compensation, when this lots over you can come for a
brew/pint at my place :)

anglo

LE
I certainly will take it with be but there could be highwaymen in the West country. The 25kg bag of rice that I bought a couple of weeks ago will be with me.
You're right about highwaymen, fellow named Poldark, but he won't steal your rice,
he'll turk your missus ;)

I think HMG has just put the death knell on trips to Cornwall :-( All pubs, restaurants etc. closed.

I think HMG has just put the death knell on trips to Cornwall :-( All pubs, restaurants etc. closed.
That Rick Stein did need his neck winding in a bit though.

Open for observations.
I think you are making a big mistake.

Johnnie Walker is shít.

Gunner82

War Hero
It seems odd that you cannot eat in a restaurant but queuing in Tesco's is OK?

philc

LE
There be them lampers on the A303 luring you in to the layby with pillage on their minds.

Latest Threads