Cornershot-The gun that can shoot round corners..

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by spike7451, Aug 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Just been watching this on Discovery.It can be adapted for use with any automatic pistol,assault rifles & even a 40mm Grenade Launcher.
    I cant help thinking that if this was standard issue to our lads,say one per section,it may help to save lives.Especially as a lot of the tasks the lads are doing in Iraq are in the urban environment.
    What do you think? Good bit of kit or waste of dosh?
    Regards,
    Spike

Cornershot website

(ps,sorry if it's been done before)

2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Looked nifty on CSI Miami
    Used to slot an undercover cop.

3. They had these in WWII, I remembered seeing it in the back of a Commando War Book, and a quick google revealed this from the Imperial War Museum:

[​IMG]

I hadn't remembered that it was German though! Still, it is apparently an 'attachment' and you can put onto a variety of weapons.

4. Check it out on wikipedia there are 4 options according to the wiki page for the bit with fits on the end.

-automatic pistol
    -40mm grenade launcher
    -assault rifle
    -anti-tank weapon.

5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Why not look on the website link I posted above?

6. I think this has been previously posted, and I remember it having been possibly trialled by British forces some time ago.

7. I Looked on the link you posted but didn't see anything mentioned about the anti-tank attachment. :)

8. It can be a usefull tool for law enforcement, ie. SWAT/SRT applications as it's proven effective with a pistol. For soldiers, it's nothing more than another bit of useless Gucci gear.

9. This weapon was shown on one of the discovery channels, the programme with the yank ex-seal (they must have a bigger regiment than 'them' as most yank's seemed to claim to be ex-seal lol).

Only going to be seen in hostage situations, the bendy bit is VERY flexible, so the hand holding it, is all the stability it has, and only accurate over VERY short ranges.

So in a smoke filled dark room/corridor aiming off a 2" LCD screen?

10. isnt there one of those for the sa80 i swear i read about a camera mounted on it, with a link to a head mounted display unit

so you could see around corners

11. No thats part of the fist trials .Corner shot ideal for certain situations but
    considering the weight and complexity of it guess we are not going to get it .

12. Early FIST trials kit. The latest versions don't have the camera on the rifle.

[​IMG]

13. No need to have over complicated weapon sysems, we already have a few cheap devives for seing around corners. Small mirror on a rod, is the cheapest, moving up to a rear view mirror out of a scrap vehicle. used it in NI several times on Lurks.

Now with modern techno, small stick cameras are cheap enough.

As with all of this stuff and any innovation, you need to train with it to get good at it.