Core Resettlement Entitlement

Afternoon

Looking for a proper answer as I keep getting different answers from different people, even emailed the CTP several times each time receiving a cryptic answer.

When do you become entitled to the Core Resettlement Entitlement?

Is it:

A: After serving 5 years 1 day then signing off?

B: 6 years then signing off?

When I spoke to CTP all they said was 6 years service, but they seemed unwilling to divulge if it was 5 years 1 day and then signing off or if you had to serve 6 years before signing off.

I would go and see the education centre but they're shut because of this Lockdown

I ask as its my 5 year point this August and just had enough of army life in General.

Any input will be much appreciated

Always understood it as 6 years served

6 years served then sign off

As @Clunge says you have to have served 6 years to get the Core Resettlement Programme

Get access to JSP 534.

1586276573525.png

1586276698050.png

1586276506928.png

Fair one cheers guys!

Looks like I'll be getting the Employment Support Program instead when I go ‍♂️ just wanted to make sure I knew what I was entitled to when I did make the plunge

Whatever your length of service, you may consult with the Individual Education and Resettlement Officer (IERO unless the name has changed), usually a retired officer. You can speak to them as often as you need to at whatever stage of your career you are at. They are the true experts in entitlement and opportunity. Get in touch via your unit Education Officer/Platoon commander/ RCMO as appropriate. Oddly enough they know more than ARRSE !

@Letmeout123,
Easy for me to say, but I would urge you to seriously think about delaying your sign off until your 6 year point, just so you get the extra resettlement bits. Have a look at https://www.google.com/url?q=https:...FjADegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw2Jt1Raaq25oyhLkqBl4tqX
Thank you for posting that, well worth a read

In all honesty it'll be a miracle if I manage to survive another 18 months. Fact of the matter is my hearts just not in the army anymore and I'm feeling like life's too short to be doing something you don't enjoy anymore

What if you did five years and six months before signing off? Six months later, at the six year point, you would presumably be entitled to the CRP, though would of course only have six months in which to access it instead of twelve.
Yep, as you say, you would have 6 months to do something that is usually done over two years. Loads of other stuff to sort out as well.

What if you did five years and six months before signing off? Six months later, at the six year point, you would presumably be entitled to the CRP, though would of course only have six months in which to access it instead of twelve.
Trouble is knowing the army they'd find a way to deny it to you

Trouble is knowing the army they'd find a way to deny it to you
Then you would have grounds for a Service Complaint and I'm sure if you got your IERO involved, your CoC would back off.

TBH it sounds as if you are focusing on the negative side of things, try looking at the positives as well.
When thinking about the negatives, try to work out what you can do to change/remove them.
If it is your current posting, remember that you can get posted.
If it is the people you work with, remember that they (and you) will eventually move on.
If you are bored, see if there are things you could volunteer for.

Consider having a chat with someone in your CoC, or outside of it (Padre, Etc.).
What will you do if you do get out? Do you have a Trade to fall back on? What will you do when you are out? Where will you live? et cetera.

See if you can get in touch with your IERO to discuss your options, they will be able to advise what you would be entitled to under the different circumstances.
Military life can be tough and it is not for everyone, if you do have to leave, I would still urge you to get as much out of the Resettlement process as you can.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Be grateful you have full time paid employment, subsidised accomodation and meals in the current climate. Then find and read ABN 052/2020.

Then you would have grounds for a Service Complaint and I'm sure if you got your IERO involved, your CoC would back off.

TBH it sounds as if you are focusing on the negative side of things, try looking at the positives as well.
When thinking about the negatives, try to work out what you can do to change/remove them.
If it is your current posting, remember that you can get posted.
If it is the people you work with, remember that they (and you) will eventually move on.
If you are bored, see if there are things you could volunteer for.

Consider having a chat with someone in your CoC, or outside of it (Padre, Etc.).
What will you do if you do get out? Do you have a Trade to fall back on? What will you do when you are out? Where will you live? et cetera.

See if you can get in touch with your IERO to discuss your options, they will be able to advise what you would be entitled to under the different circumstances.
Military life can be tough and it is not for everyone, if you do have to leave, I would still urge you to get as much out of the Resettlement process as you can.
Right let me explain a bit more

Joined the Engineers, usual story of getting a trade but then finding out getting to unit you'd almost never use it (despite asking numerous times to go to the workshops). Despite this I've tried hard to make the best of it (volunteered for taskings and courses both good and bad), got a completely clean disciplinary record, and (in my eyes at least) favourably looked upon by management.

Despite this i'm stuck doing some storeman job (which I really don't like), certain people I work with have zero work ethic and a bad attitude which I can't stand and I'm at a unit that's over 400 miles away from home with no chance of getting posted out unless I pick up (which will probably mean waiting here another year while Glasgow and the system wriggles and squirms)

I'm not saying civvy Street will be perfect, in fact I'm certain it has the exact same issues I've highlighted above, but its at the point where I've decided if I've got to put up with that for the rest of my days I might as well do it in my home region of the country where my family and friends are as opposed to being an 8 hour drive away.

I've thought about leaving and initially it'll be with the parents while I look for a job and a flat/house share and stick that out as long as it takes while I establish myself.

Job wise I've been looking at:
-Network rail signalling apprenticeship
-Lorry Driving (got my C+E as part of my trade)
-MPGS and doing an accounting degree with the OU alongside it
-Putting my trade skills to good use

Sorry its a bit long winded but that's just how it is and how I feel. End of the day, life is too short to wake up physically dreading the day ahead 80% of days

I'd also like to add the management (up to and including Reggie level) is the saving grace at the minute. Yes they come up with stupid ideas from time to time (don't we all!!) but end of the day they do a good job of looking out and listening to your concerns and doing everything they can to help out and address them. I would be long gone by now if I had to deal with all the previous post and have a load of bellthronks for management.

I'd also like to add the management (up to and including Reggie level) is the saving grace at the minute. Yes they come up with stupid ideas from time to time (don't we all!!) but end of the day they do a good job of looking out and listening to your concerns and doing everything they can to help out and address them. I would be long gone by now if I had to deal with all the previous post and have a load of bellthronks for management.
No duff. Apply to be an officer.

If you are dreading 80% of your days, you need to see a Doctor about depression!

Latest Threads