Cordless Drill

Discussion in 'DIY' started by shaka, Sep 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My cordless drill has gone tits up and what I know about drills etc you could put on the back of a stamp with a six inch paint brush.
    Recommendations for a decent drill 18/24 volt which is not going to cost an arm and a leg much appreciated.
  2. RAF Regt do silent drill...does that help?
  3. If you're not using it daily, go to screwfix and buy a cheape.
  4. H3

H3 LE

Do you have a plant hire place close at hand ... you could see if they do repairs etc !!!
  5. B and Q usually have one on offer. I got a Ryobi last year half price but as soon as one offer ends another seems to begin, a bit like DFS. It's the end of summer so you might find they are trying to clear out stock.
  6. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Recommend you go for something from the Makita stable such as this:

Buy Makita BHP452RFWX 18V Combi Drill from Axminster, fast delivery for the UK

Reliable as anything and built to last. If you want to buy a spare battery get one seperately it works out cheaper than buying the set with two batteries in it.
  7. H3

H3 LE

8. Good brands mentioned there, dhobi, makita, de walts are very good, go for what's on offer out of those three and you can't go far wrong.

Always go for one with two batteries, rapid charge and (sounds silly) a decent case with space for drill bits, tape measure etc.
  9. They're all not the frighting price they used to be that's why I mentioned screwfix, there's usually a deal on one of them.
  10. Don't be fooled, you usually find good brands at very reasonable rates where you see this sign:

It's also handy for picking up any other bits and bobs you might need.

If the van is actually empty, it is considered a courtesy to leave a note: "Just Checking".
    • Like Like x 1