Corbyn the communist spy!

The Stasi, as I've already stated, most certainly opened a file on both Corbyn and Abbott when they were in the GDR. As to where it is now, well, see my post number 380 for the various possiblities.

MsG
From the information thus far, there was a file for sure, most probably now in one of the 31k bags of shredded material Comrade DaManBugs has mentioned, may be to recovered over the next few hundred years? One other thought, mention has been made that Comrade C had a MI5 file in the 90's perhaps this was just his Stasi file, nicked by us, inside a MI5 file cover?

As I see it there are at least 4 possibilities that match the statement, only 1 of which is there is and never was no file. I can accept that is possible, but we can't know for sure. You seem to be dead set it is the only possibility.
No. No I'm not. I have said what I have said. There was a smear that Corbyn was refusing to sign a release document to allow examination of his Stasi file.

That file doesn't exist. The fact it doesnt exist has been verified by the very people responsible for archiving the Stasi files. In fact the task of archiving the personnel files was completed in 1995 apparently.

I said it was a smear and the facts at hand prove that it was a smear. That's all I have ever said.

No. No I'm not. I have said what I have said. There was a smear that Corbyn was refusing to sign a release document to allow examination of his Stasi file.

That file doesn't exist. The fact it doesnt exist has been verified by the very people responsible for archiving the Stasi files. In fact the task of archiving the personnel files was completed in 1995 apparently.

I said it was a smear and the facts at hand prove that it was a smear. That's all I have ever said.
No, they did not say that. Can you understand that simple fact. They said the most recent search did not locate a file.

No, they did not say that. Can you understand that simple fact. They said the most recent search did not locate a file.
Of personnel files that completed archiving in 1995. The most recent search would suggest to me that it is the most accurate given that it takes in all the files completed to that point.

Again, your move.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
In fact the task of archiving the personnel files was completed in 1995 apparently.
That's what happened, because those were the files the folks most wanted to see. It then became the first priority to index them as quickly as possible. More than 1,100 bods worked for 4.5 years to do that.

MsG

Edited to add. I was actually living in East Germany (in Cottbus) while all that was going down. Because it was of such immense interest to the former GDR citizens, there were regular updates in the local and national newspapers about the progress, for instance, "Sections A to C now complete", etc.

Last edited:
So now you're on how much has been indexed of the Stasi archive? The smear was that Corbyn was refusing to sign a document that would allow examination of Corbyns file held by the Stasi.

That file does not exist. Not "it might be there and we haven't found it yet", the German Government has said it doesnt exist.

Your move.
I remember a German government that said it wasn’t murdering a Jews.

Turns out later that it was.

Funny how sometimes politicians deny something that later turns out to be true.

In relation to the current facts at hand, it doesn't. That says absolutely nothing about other possibilities up to and including that it's held in a secret KGB bunker on the moon.

Ready when you are.

In relation to the current facts at hand, it doesn't. That says absolutely nothing about other possibilities up to and including that it's held in a secret KGB bunker on the moon.

Ready when you are.
OK, we obviously disagree with your statement - as far as I can see it is an absolute that does not allow for other possibilities. I don't think we'll reach agreement.

But I'm not. You all are. Because you want to believe a right wing political website smear over the German Government.
No one has said that.

What they have said is that just because the German Govt has said it doesn’t exist, doenst mean the file doesnt actually exist.

A subtlety you’re either unwilling or unable to grasp.

And yes, there are plenty of historical examples of governments making a denial, then being forced to retract it later. Hence the extreme example used a few posts above.