Corbyn the communist spy!

So you don't know how the StB or the Stasi worked? Really? I'm surprised, you seem so sure he can't possibly have a file......Even Bugsy accepts he's got one

Let me tell you EVERY westerner who crossed into the DDR will have a Stasi file - this is based on my professional experience

so if he'd just release his and the fragrant Dianne's we can clear up the whole matter......

No. I don't believe it, the person charged with looking after all of the Stasi's files states it and I believe that person.
Do you also believe in unicorns? Lets see what our resident DDR expert reckons.

Right, @damanbugsy.
Bugsy, you wasn't a person of particular importance when you lived behind the Iron Curtain. Yet by your own admission, the Stasi held a file on you which was nine inches thick. Do you agree with me that it would have been a dereliction of duty on the part of the Stasi, not to have opened up a 'person of interest' file on Corbyn when he toured East Germany?
After all, were the Stasi not one of the most professional Intelligence Services ever?

One look at the list of privy councillors will tell you that no one is vetted, or that the position is worth anything.
Being a member of the Privy Council does not convey some sort of security clearance.
Ain't all senior MPs members of the Privy Council?

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
MP's and Ministers are apparently not vetted.

I seem to remember something about Harold Wilson banning MI5 from investigating MPs.

Jezza won't sign a consent form enabling the release of files (all filled and made available to him with costs paid) on the grounds that there are no files to be released in the first place.

Which obviously makes signing the form an easy and foolproof way to show that the claims are entity false.

But he won't and instead gets all defensive and issues scarcely vieled threats in terms of restricting the Press and Media

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer

Right, @damanbugsy.
Bugsy, you wasn't a person of particular importance when you lived behind the Iron Curtain. Yet by your own admission, the Stasi held a file on you which was nine inches thick. Do you agree with me that it would have been a dereliction of duty on the part of the Stasi, not to have opened up a 'person of interest' file on Corbyn when he toured East Germany?
After all, were the Stasi not one of the most professional Intelligence Services ever?
You're absolutely right. I was just a total nobody, but opening a file on every single "forrina" who either entered the GDR or lived there was standard procedure for the Stasi. Corbyn and Abbott will most definitely have one each, even if there's nothing spectacular in them.

You simply wouldn't believe the mundane bollix they thought worthy of reporting. I read my own file in 1993 and it was one long, coma-inducing litany of drivel. He went here, he went there. He entered a cafe and came back out again. He stopped at the Minol petrol station on the way to Dresden to have a piss. On and on it went with stuff like that. Although I must admit that I was a bit perturbed by one report by "football", who trailed me on a visit to West Berlin. This "football" (Werner Griessner - who I never actually knew) reported that: "The target person is also being observed by the American agent "Roland" (Die Zielperson wird auch vom amerikanischen Agenten "Roland" observiert). I'm no secret agent and they could've had a rugby team watching me without me noticing, but that little note certainly gave me food for thought.

The thing was that once folks had agreed to spy for the Stasi, they had to deliver regular reports. So they just wrote down all sorts of inconsequential bollix. It wasn't the case that the Stasi "had the goods" on millions of the population. What they actually had was hundreds of linear metres of files that were just total garbage.

Anyway, I've fired off a few e-mails to former Stasi officers I know and asked them if there's any way to verify whether they had anything on Corbyn and Abbott while they were in the GDR. I don't know if it'll come to anything, but I thought it was worth a cabby. I'll post any results as soon as I get them.

MsG

Right, @damanbugsy.

No. I believe the Stasi archivist though.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Rule No.1 Never believe anyone who has been involved with the Int world at face value.
Rule No2 Don’t believe what I just told you.
The present head of the Stasi Files Agency is Roland Jahn, a former GDR citizen who was himself slung in the chokey for "subversive activities". He's a bit of a plonker, actually, but miles better than Birthler or Gauck because he doesn't allow anyone to tell him what to do and he has no political ambitions - in contrast to his two predecessors.

MsG

So you don't know how the StB or the Stasi worked? Really? I'm surprised, you seem so sure he can't possibly have a file......Even Bugsy accepts he's got one

Let me tell you EVERY westerner who crossed into the DDR will have a Stasi file - this is based on my professional experience

so if he'd just release his and the fragrant Dianne's we can clear up the whole matter......
Look. I'm sorry if this is unclear. I don't believe anything. I have been told, via the BBC, that the Stasi archivist has stated that the Stasi held no file on Jeremy Corbyn. I can't help that this appears to be a difficult concept for you.

You're absolutely right. I was just a total nobody, but opening a file on every single "forrina" who either entered the GDR or lived there was standard procedure for the Stasi. Corbyn and Abbott will most definitely have one each, even if there's nothing spectacular in them.

You simply wouldn't believe the mundane bollix they thought worthy of reporting. I read my own file in 1993 and it was one long, coma-inducing litany of drivel. He went here, he went there. He entered a cafe and came back out again. He stopped at the Minol petrol station on the way to Dresden to have a piss. On and on it went with stuff like that. Although I must admit that I was a bit perturbed by one report by "football", who trailed me on a visit to West Berlin. This "football" (Werner Griessner - who I never actually knew) reported that: "The target person is also being observed by the American agent "Roland" (Die Zielperson wird auch vom amerikanischen Agenten "Roland" observiert). I'm no secret agent and they could've had a rugby team watching me without me noticing, but that little note certainly gave me food for thought.

The thing was that once folks had agreed to spy for the Stasi, they had to deliver regular reports. So they just wrote down all sorts of inconsequential bollix. It wasn't the case that the Stasi "had the goods" on millions of the population. What they actually had was hundreds of linear metres of files that were just total garbage.

Anyway, I've fired off a few e-mails to former Stasi officers I know and asked them if there's any way to verify whether they had anything on Corbyn and Abbott while they were in the GDR. I don't know if it'll come to anything, but I thought it was worth a cabby. I'll post any results as soon as I get them.

MsG
I do not doubt for a single second that Stasi files contained reports about the most innoculous drivel imaginable. You answered my question. You too, do not believe that the Stasi wouldn't have opened a file on Corbyn.
It's contents whilst I would be intetested to see them are not the point that I was making.
I was making the point to Shakyboots that it would be inconceivable for the Stasi NOT to have opened a person of interest report.
Thank you.

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
If we are talking about Mr Corbyn then the vetting man has given him a pass. He's a Privy Councillor.
Becoming a Privy Councillor does not come with automatic security clearances. If a Privy Councillor needs a specific clearance a vetting process is initiated on a need-to-know basis.

Last edited:
Look. I'm sorry if this is unclear. I don't believe anything. I have been told, via the BBC, that the Stasi archivist has stated that the Stasi held no file on Jeremy Corbyn. I can't help that this appears to be a difficult concept for you.
Try and find the person supposedly named as the press spokesman in the source. Should be pretty easy as the Germans do have a very good website.

Corbyn must be the unluckiest British politician in history by where he seems to fall victim to a continuous series of misunderstandings involving him and pretty much every enemy of the British people over several decades.

It's almost as if there is a pattern of connections with terrorists, spies and subvertors.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
I do not doubt for a single second that Stasi files contained reports about the most innoculous drivel imaginable. You answered my question. You too, do not believe that the Stasi wouldn't have opened a file on Corbyn.
It's contents whilst I would be intetested to see them are not the point that I was making.
I was making the point to Shakyboots that it would be inconceivable for the Stasi NOT to have opened a person of interest report.
Thank you.
I can absolutely confirm that a file most definitely would've been opened on Corbyn and Abbott. I've known some of my Stasi contacts now for well over 25 years and that was one of the subjects that we discussed at length. It was standard procedure for the Stasi to register and open a file on every non-Boxheed who entered and/or lived in the GDR. There were no exceptions.

I've just had an e-mail answer from my good mucker ex-Major Eberhard Finke, who worked out of the Stasi HQ in Berlin, Capital of the GDR. He confirmed to me that such files were always opened on foreigners, but he also mentioned something that I hadn't considered before. It's quite possible that their files were destroyed during the "big burn" that lasted from the beginning of November 1989 until the middle of January 1990. Don't forget that the Stasi File Agency only has about three-quarters to two-thirds of the original files, so that's a possible explanation as to why the files on Corbyn and Abbott no longer exist.

MsG

Corbyn must be the unluckiest British politician in history by where he seems to fall victim to a continuous series of misunderstandings involving him and pretty much every enemy of the British people over several decades.

It's almost as if there is a pattern of connections with terrorists, spies and subvertors.
Aye, the poor man could fall into a barrel of tits and come out sucking his own thumb.