Corbyn Crazy Ideas... "Jeremy Corbyn pledges free bus travel for under-25s"... and more!

Certainly a generous gesture if he's elected, I imagine the millions it would cost to give free bus travel to youngsters by undermining the revenue of local services would be astronimical

Labour pledges free bus travel for young

"Labour says it would give under-25s in England free bus travel in areas where local councils bring services back into public ownership as the party wants.

The £1.4bn policy would be paid for by cash from vehicle excise duty currently earmarked for building new roads.

Leader Jeremy Corbyn will say "young people deserve a break" as he launches the policy in Derby on Thursday.

The Conservatives said it was "another promise from Labour that they have no real ability to deliver".

The policy would also apply for bus services under councils who franchised them out.

Someone has to pay for that in reality however, or does he not realise that, the taxpayers purse further plundered, any more outrageous promises from Corbyn that to the sane person that would again be undeliverable without slashing public expenditure in another sector, unviable in current economic circumstances, superly stupid? etc.

Why not give free free flights to all serving personnel with BA, first class, regulars and reserves, veterans and serving, give me his number I'll call up tomorrow!

e815f5a13e993b351471bdfd4eb9b705.jpg

ches

LE
Yet more cobblers from the doddering old fool. The usual dimwits will believe it & think its viable. Hey ho.

Maple

LE
Certainly a generous gesture if he's elected, I imagine the millions it would cost to give free bus travel to youngsters by undermining the revenue of local services would be astronimical

Labour pledges free bus travel for young

"Labour says it would give under-25s in England free bus travel in areas where local councils bring services back into public ownership as the party wants.

The £1.4bn policy would be paid for by cash from vehicle excise duty currently earmarked for building new roads.

Leader Jeremy Corbyn will say "young people deserve a break" as he launches the policy in Derby on Thursday.

The Conservatives said it was "another promise from Labour that they have no real ability to deliver".

The policy would also apply for bus services under councils who franchised them out.

Someone has to pay for that in reality however, or does he not realise that, the taxpayers purse further plundered, any more outrageous promises from Corbyn that to the sane person that would again be undeliverable without slashing public expenditure in another sector, unviable in current economic circumstances, superly stupid? etc.

Why not give free free flights to all serving personnel with BA, first class, regulars and reserves, veterans and serving, give me his number I'll call up tomorrow!

View attachment 330693
I think you'll find the Guardian has been calling him a twat too........in fact the only paper that hasn't cottoned-on is the Morning Star - and they're wavering - Tory splitters*

* (C) Bugsy

What's more shocking is Welsh Tories promising pretty much the same thing

How did we end up with every party being full of left wing lick spittles

Well that will help reduce congestion (thus emissions) and I'm sure it will be revenue neutral

So it will be paid for by VED on the cars no longer needed as there will be free transport Im spotting a flaw in this

Still im sure the usual suspects will lap it up and make pointed remarks about Rich tory scum not proposing such things.

He gets more like Oleary every day - Come out with any old shite that challenges the existing rules - thus getting free publicity and the cretins demand to know why the hide bound idiots dont change the rules

Maple

LE
Free corsets for the under-fives you say?

.......but what about the compulsory serving of asparagus at breakfast?

Last edited:

Maple

LE
..........it's easy to promise free stuff and a utopia when you're not in power but it's another matter when you're in power and have to face cold hard reality as the Lib-Dems discovered. However, as JC knows Labour's never going to get into power while he's running the show he can promise the earth.

..........it's easy to promise free stuff and a utopia when you're not in power but it's another matter when you're in power and have to face cold hard reality as the Lib-Dems discovered. However, as JC knows Labour's never going to get into power while he's running the show he can promise the earth.
I promised the world to my wife and my family when we got married; a beautiful PHD qualified lecturer in English, I think I learnt a thing or 2 from JC in my time

With his failure to convince anyone of wiping out Student loans, he will be promising "Free Beer, Drugs, Sex, Rock-n-Roll, Lardburgers and Ciggarettes on the NHS for all.""

Maple

LE
.......apparently he never actually said he'd wipe out student loans, despite, you know, it actually being on record that he'd wipe student loans...... it was all a Tory media conspiracy (well known Tory controlled newspapers such as the Guardian for example) his boot-boy enforcer Reich Minister of Propaganda spokesperson, said...... (im)plausible deniability - it was an aspiration, he never promised anyway, and he had his fingers crossed behind his back if he did, which he didn't.

Last edited:
As I've said before, I pity the official monster raving loony party, how the hell are they supposed to come up with stupid policies if the 'real' politicians are already coming up with a sack of bollocks ?

Arrse probably doesn’t need another Corbyn is a twat thread

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I guess it would put a stop to RAF Air Traffic Controllers sending letters to the pilot/airline. :mrgreen:

You sure?
Let me rephrase that. Another Corbyn critical thread with in-depth analysis such as calling him a doddering-twat and a smattering of sub sixth form political sound bites and cliches Triggered by an inflammatory thread title rather than any real knowledge/comprehension of the subject, the objective of the potential policy etc

Latest Threads