Copy of the medical requirements for entry

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Nutter, Jan 7, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good evening

I am and ACF instructor I have had a cadet who is 17 years old ask me about the TA. She has asthma, I have said she may want to approach the nearby TA unit. However its 15 miles away and I told her I would see if I could get the medical requirements and see if she is eligable first.

I remember when I was in the TA (a while back now) that the med requirements were different, however with an increase in op tempo I wasnt sure if this had changed. Which is why when she said can I join the TA with a bit of asthma I didnt say go for it.
  2. She can't join...TA is the same as the army...she needs to be free from an inhaler for more than 4 years and various other doctors recommendations.
  3. Thank you will pass it on.
  4. I am in the process of applying for the TA. Im a qualified and experienced Emergency Nurse. I had my medical tonight and have been told I may have failed due to an abnormal smear test last September. Had a punch biopsy which came back negative. Why would this lead to a fail in a medical?