cops want unpaid volunteers

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by sandybag, Feb 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :? :? :?

They already have them..they are called Special Constables...

Nowt new at all.

2. Can't see in the story where it says they Will be called " special Constables. "

3. Well, special constables are unpaid volunteers. Same as magistrates judges, I only just learnt that one, and they don't even need any qualifications in Law!!!!

4. When do you leave school?

Magistrates (also known as Justices of the Peace (JP)) are volunteers drawn from the community and funny enough sit in Magistrates Courts

Judges are qualified Barristers (also known as QC's - Queens Counsel) and in sit in Crown Court, High Court/Court of Appeal.

As to your (shock horror) both JP's and Specials get training.

I would give you a complete run down on the UK legal system (both Criminal (Beyond Reasonable Doubt) and Civil (Probability) but don't have the time at the mo.

Good luck with your learning, you obviously have a long way to go.

5. WYP Specials are very well trained (They even have their own Police Support Unit (PSU) and are trained to PSU Level 1 (highest level of riot training).

The thin and broken blue line is so thin and broken that even the Specials don't have time for this work. This is merely the WYP asking for volunteers to be trained to collect information, nothing more. They won't be making arrests.

6. Cheers, pandaplodder, That does seem to make more sense.

7. So i wouldn't get to club anybody? Fekkit! :x

8. not all Judges are QCs though - and some are mere Recorders......also in the Mags' Courts as well as Lay Magistrates there are Stipendiary Magistrates and District Judges............. :) I could go on but like you don't have the time right now

9. I think the term we are looking for here is Inoffizielle Mitarbeiter ......

10. Skiff the pair of 'em! :p

11. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

12. Would the Police volunteer their services for free ?
    No, i didn't think so!

13. lol

14. No, you only have to see those that tip up to join the TA, expect only to do two weeks in their first year and get top year 3 bounty then bugger off, happily life isn't like that.