• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Cops on Sick Leave

A "detective" with less than a year to go is moved from his cushy office-based non shift-working Monday - Friday job to a job where he is expected to go out and to work a full shift pattern. So he waits till he has 6 months to go then goes off sick with stress. Now he has retired he has the neck to post stuff on FB about his wonderful new job and great new colleagues.
Meanwhile, a uniform Sergeant goes off with back problems, again for the last 6 months before retirement: buys a piece of land and builds a Scandinavian-type log cabin from a kit, doing most of the physical work himself.
I know both these guys well. They work in adjacent forces. Both likeable - but surely commiting fraud. Maybe the government should start checking on cops in addition to beneft claimants.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
A "detective" with less than a year to go is moved from his cushy office-based non shift-working Monday - Friday job to a job where he is expected to go out and to work a full shift pattern. So he waits till he has 6 months to go then goes off sick with stress. Now he has retired he has the neck to post stuff on FB about his wonderful new job and great new colleagues.
Meanwhile, a uniform Sergeant goes off with back problems, again for the last 6 months before retirement: buys a piece of land and builds a Scandinavian-type log cabin from a kit, doing most of the physical work himself.
I know both these guys well. They work in adjacent forces. Both likeable - but surely commiting fraud. Maybe the government should start checking on cops in addition to beneft claimants.
Cheers I'll check if I can do the same.

Why do you care?

Nope, nothing registering.

ImageUploadedByARRSE1371423758.233977.jpg

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Hang on I'll check.....

Nope, none in there.....

none in the kitchen,

none upstairs.....

Hell i appear to be all out of give-a-fuck!

On a serious note, I have known of more than one flanker who, in retirement proper, has applied for a job with the authorities only to discover a very unfortunate job reference from the Police, followed up by a legally-enforced return to Policing to serve the remainder of their time. Their cards do get marked, often by those still serving who know what they're up to and have listened to their bragging.

If they're fit enough to work again, they're fit enough to do the time or pay back their pension, which none of them can afford to do.

Hang on I'll check.....

Nope, none in there.....

none in the kitchen,

none upstairs.....

Hell i appear to be all out of give-a-fuck!
Try the shed and the loft, those places you launch stuff that you have fuck all use for, but may come in handy " one day ".

sent via Derek Acorah

M

Mark The Convict

Who the fuck gives you the right to judge someone for building a Scandinavian type log cabin from a kit, doing most of the work themselves?
Because the next step is reading IKEA catalogues whilst on the throne, thinking things like 'Ooh, that Skarum rug would look divine in front of the hearth' then it's wearing cardigans, going shopping for pot-pourri mixes with Alan from Accounts...need I go on?

Police Related Board? What, like KnightJack and InspectorGadget? The two decent police bloggers have been hounded from the internet!
Shush, you'll upsets Standards.

They like not having to chase proper corruption, and just sticking people on who say 'The Job's fucked' on Facebook.

It's what 'Misconduct in a public office' was created for.

They are my heroes. Integrity is non-negotiable and all that.

I like IKEA. Does that make mean I am out of the man club?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

M

Mark The Convict

I have an IKEA dining table, and some folding chairs too. But no cardigans, that would be too much.

Latest Threads