Copper with Pace stick,Drill boots & Sash

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by spike7451, Jun 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Just watching that 'New Blues' on BBC1,One of the Police instructor's is apparently an Ex-Army Drill Pig.
    Studded DMS boots,Pace stick & red sash over what I suppose is a Police Number one uniform.
    First time I've ever saw this,Is this normal for a plod instructor to dress like a DS?
    Anyway,he put the recruits to shame on a inspection,one asked "is that all he can do?" & got the "He does'nt have a playstation!".

2. Aye the drill pigs at Garnerville wear the red sash, one of them is the epitome of Guards drill staff and the other is a wee fecker who shags all the girls!! good drills all round :) and both sport perma tans 12 months of the year!! it's like getting drill from a six foot, straight version of Lionel Blair !!!

3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

He's brave,shaggin the slags in White City!
    Got my results for the PSNI test the other day.Failed by ONE point!!!FFS :x
    The was a Guards Sgt on my drill course,you could've shaved your chin with his creases & used his boots for the mirror!

4. FAB - If I'm getting half the attention from weemin when I get to that perma tanned "wee fecker's" age, I'll be a happy man! Mind you, his drill ain't that bad - for an ex tankie! In relation to the programme mind you, thank christ PCSO's have been scrapped (at least for the meantime) here.

5. So

Not to demean the post , but would the criteria for a PCSO be wee Martin McGuiness or is he under/over qualified. ??

Cheers

6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

They did'nt seem to,'interested' did they?Love to see a Belfast PCO square up to some of the thugs on the Shankill.

7. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

He's just a murdering scumbag terrorist.

8. Over here they appear to be small ethnic persons of the female persuasion with large arrrses or white geeks with glasses and sticky out ears.Is this is normal criteria for recruitment ??

9. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Slashed peak as well, how very Household Div. More to point, can anyone ID his last ribbon? I can make out the GSM, OSM Sierra Leone (I think) & QGJM.

He was actually quite gentle with them. I saw the previous installment and the potential PCSOs were all moaning that "I didn't think I was joining the Army" etc. when all they were being picked up on (again amiably and without menace) was very basic level of tidiness. Their drill was shit too.

Edited to add: Just put my spotter cap on and have reckon his medal ribbons are: GSM, UNAMIC, QGJM & UNMIBH.

10. When i joined the plod in 1994 i went to Ashford DTC and the drill instructor was an ex Grenadier Guards bloke. He was a Thames Valley Sergeant and a nicer bloke you couldn't meet. Drill with him was excellent and he didn't mind throwing a few Fecks about. It was a break from the classroom and the bullshite and we all enjoyed it. The man was an absolute star and after we passed out he brought us all into a lecture room and gave us a 10 minute speech about what the Police service meant to him, what it should mean to us and the duty we owed the public. You could have heard a pin drop and in 14 years i have never heard anything more moving or inspiring,

Of course in the minds of the Morons who are in charge of the Police service "Drill" was unecessary, so shortly after we passed out, (with the Para Reg band as we had an ex Para band bloke in our intake) they removed it from the training programme and pass out parades ceased.

The Met and RUC kept it in, perhaps they realised that something that has existed since men first grouped together to defend themselves had a place. Teamwork, quick reaction to spoken orders, unit cohesion, pride in appearance and deportment, and an ability to move from A to B as a impressive and imposing unit............ Useful skills you would think for people who may have to go onto a burning council estate and restore order? Obviously the very clever people in charge thought not.

11. Drill pigs are drill pigs no matter where they serve, When I left the Green machine and joined the plod, There he was on day one making people do press ups for any minor infingment he could find, He was ex guards and to be fair he was dagged to bollox whenever I saw him. On day one at DPTC Cwmbran I heard him before I saw and spayed myself with drill pig repellent spray, it is for most of the ex services that join the plod a "here we go again" moment. But with good drills it is a great laugh watching the uninitiated pis* their pants every time he is near.

12. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

The New Blues BBC iPlayer

Makes interesting viewing either way.

They can make you do that in the Police Force?!

13. Drill was the ONE thing that united everyone at Police Trg Centre. Everybody loved it, it was a great laugh, it improved morale, cohesion, confidence, and was a welcome break from the drudge of law theory.

That's why the police got rid of it.

14. DRILL... Ballet for hard bastards
    quote from ASM Vic Atkinson

15. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Bernster: Please explain this drill pig repellent. I might find it useful in the near future (I hope).