Copper Gets Off

:police:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...red_Of_Assaulting_G20_Protester_Nicola_Fisher

A riot squad officer who allegedly twice hit a female protester with a metal baton has been cleared of assaulting the woman.Metropolitan Police Sergeant Delroy Smellie was acquitted of attacking animal rights activist Nicola Fisher during the G20 demonstrations last April.

The 47-year-old allegedly clashed with the protester outside the Bank of England in central London.

The officer, a member of the controversial territorial support group, had gone on trial last week accused of assault by beating.

He has now been cleared at City of Westminster Magistrates' Court - but he could still face misconduct proceedings over the incident.

Smellie smiled widely and gave two thumbs up to his supporters as he was cleared by the judge.

District Judge Daphne Wickham said there was no evidence his use of the baton was not approved, correct or measured.

She said: "It was for the prosecution to prove this defendant was not acting in lawful self-defence.

"I have found the prosecution has failed in this respect and the defendant has raised the issue of lawful self-defence and as such is entitled to be acquitted."

Nicholas Paul, of the Crown Prosecution Service, said Smellie lost his self-control because of Ms Fisher's irritating, aggressive and confrontational actions.

He said the officer was justified when he shouted at her, pushed her back and struck her with the back of his hand, knocking off her sunglasses.

But Mr Paul said the officer went too far when he struck Ms Fisher across the thigh with the extendable metal weapon, known as an asp.
I say good on him, he deserved to get off.

So he's caught on numerous cameras and seen by countless witnesses beating a small woman with a fruit juice carton in her hand and he gets away with it?

Fuck it, I'm joining plod! :policeflat:

Yeh, that'll teach her to wield a carton of orange juice in a threatening manner.

studentfeckwit said:
So he's caught on numerous cameras and seen by countless witnesses beating a small woman with a fruit juice carton in her hand and he gets away with it?

Fuck it, I'm joining plod! :policeflat:
My understanding is he was indeed filmed...however he was cut off from his guys, and the footage was edited so as not to show all the abuse etc. thrown at him.

Many witnesses even phoned the IPCC to report the woman as being over aggressive and playing up to the cameras, saying the treatment in the media of the policeman was unfair.

Police 1 Hippies 0 :twisted:

Chuffed to bits, she was acting in a threatening and abusive manner and the left wing bitch got what she deserved. Pity it hadn't been a baton round to her head.. bet she's UAF too! least she understands what its like to be on the receiving end of violence now!

Although obviously coming from the grubby hippy,Delroy took offence when members of the public asked wtf is that Smellie stench!!!!!!!!!!

From the BBC:

"Ms Fisher decided not to give evidence at the trial because she feared her lifestyle may be raised by the defence."

What the heck was/is she up to then?

unfortunatly hippy managed to get £26k for her story
did'nt turn up in court as the defence might have a go at her lifestylemore like the DSS might ask harsh questions about here ablity to work :x

fuck I'm off to the next smash edo demo find a copper whose game 50/50 split thats 13k bargin even better if I can get beat up by a wpc sexual fantasy and a shed load of cash:twisted:

Am I missing something? Why is it the "CONTROVERSIAL" Tactical Support Group :?

Well she got off lightly. Imagine the kicking she would have got had she been a white, middle-aged magistrate from Gloucestershire!

1stgulfmac said:
From the BBC:

"Ms Fisher decided not to give evidence at the trial because she feared her lifestyle may be raised by the defence."

What the heck was/is she up to then?
Social security fraud, drugs... I would suggest prostitution but then again... she would have to pay for sex herself due to her clear lack of personal hygeine.

Her lifestyle is verminous no doubt... scumbag lefty.

I'm all for equal rights; a female Crusty Juggler who deliberatley winds up a copper in the middle of a riot is as deserving of a slap as her male counterparts. :police: :twisted:

She's a Whet: a professional Dole-scrounger. If PC Pong had turned her head into a canoe, I somehow doubt we'd have lost the cure for cancer. :roll:

A fcuking orange carton! What is wrong with protesters today, at least rip a bit up kerbing or bring your own baton, no wonder this country is in such a shite state.

Fcuking amateur protesters.

See this bitch came equipped....

Fck me a bit of justice for once......talk about jumping on the bandwagon at the time. Watched her 'interview' on Sky News at the time....all scrubbed up (as well as you can polish a turd that is) and coached by her legal team on what to say and how to come across. What pish.
Believe her words were 'I felt like I was being whipped by the Taliban'. Whatever Swampy.

A perfect example of the Public, Media fuelled outrage Bus influencing the IPCC and CPS. Should never have gone to trial.