Coping with SA (90) M

Now that SA (90) M is here, I was wondering how everyone is coping with the running of Dry Training Exercise. In particular Exercises at about Coy/Sqn Level or even Bn/Regt level.

I know it is easy to conform to the requirements at low level but, what problems have you came up against whilst Planning and Running the larger scale multiple scenario type Exercises.

I ask this because I will be moving into a Job where I may be asked to paricipate in the planing/running of this larger type of Exercise.

MA

The actually qual is SA(M)07. Sorry to be a pedant.

schoolstaffinstructor said:
i could say whah and this point, but what i want to know is what bde's are running it?
They all are.

Get in touch with your loca(ish) school and ask for dates.

Did it a few months back. Good, well ran course if you have never done anything along those lines before, ie- planning and conducting battle lessons and battle exercises. You will need to write up lesson plans and also an EASP, no real dramas but a couple of lads were told to re-write theirs for some pretty simple mistakes. There is also an open book PAM test, piece of cake as it's open book.

devilish said:
Did it a few months back. Good, well ran course if you have never done anything along those lines before, ie- planning and conducting battle lessons and battle exercises. You will need to write up lesson plans and also an EASP, no real dramas but a couple of lads were told to re-write theirs for some pretty simple mistakes. There is also an open book PAM test, piece of cake as it's open book.
Sounds funnily like the RMQ..................

Quite a lot of similarity in the both of them heid. EASP is similar, just run with the one in the PAM and you cant go wrong.

I've done loads of RASP's and EASP's in the past so shouldn't be a problem.

You do a Pam 21 open book test on the RMQ aswell, probably the same one.

I have done the course. What a waste of time!! If you have the SA B (90) course and can take live firing, then why oh why did I have to waste more of my life on another crap course to be able to take a blank firing lesson or exercise!

You will have to do a RASP/EASP for a BL and there is also a writen part (open book). This was run by my SASC WO.

But believe me you will struggle to stay awake!

Agreed. If you already hold a B Qual, the M Qual is pretty much the same. As devilish says, the biggest trap is that it's SO simple, you might make some bone mistakes! :oops:

Fortunately, as a YO, I'm used to making those... :wink:

Just to clear something up here, and I'm sure someone from SASC will either confirm it or shoot me for saying it, if you are SA(A or C)(90) qualified then there is no need to do the course, your qualification covers you. Unfortunately your SA(B)(90) qual only qualifies you to Plan,conduct and supervise LFMT and transitional shoots NDA, LDA and FDA purpose built ranges. At no time during the SA(B)(90) course did you write battle lessons or battle exercises or write EASP's and that is what you will do on this course.

Did you know that there are WHT's for smoke grenades, mini flares, thundy bangs and trip flares? That is one of the reasons the course has came about, and don't quote me on this, but people running exercises and the like and not reading the bloody PAM before letting a group of people loose with rather dangerous pyro in their possession.