COP26: Riot training for thousands of police ahead of summit

TBH, all a terrorist would need to do to cause havoc is to set a bomb off in Aberdeen or Edinburgh as all the police will be in Glasgow. It would imagine the way the police have been stretched to the max already that this would be difficult to deal with. I'll get the popcorn ready and avoid any cities in Scotland while this joke of a meeting takes place.

Not really. There will probably be an EOD team at the SEC during the event. Edinburgh Tp will maintain another team on immediate to deal with any taskings throughout most of Scotland. The Navy also have a team.

The SEC is an often used venue for VVIP events and as such well planned for by security forces.

Last edited:
TBH, all a terrorist would need to do to cause havoc is to set a bomb off in Aberdeen or Edinburgh as all the police will be in Glasgow. It would imagine the way the police have been stretched to the max already that this would be difficult to deal with. I'll get the popcorn ready and avoid any cities in Scotland while this joke of a meeting takes place.

Exactly. No one is getting through the ring of steel around COP26. I can only think of one possible method of attack on the actual site, and it would require the kind of resources only available to state actors rather than terror groups(and yes, I know the distinction is often blurred). And even going Full Tom Clancy would only give you odds of 50/50 at best of actually killing some VIP's,

But from a terrorist's point of view, the massive security around the conference actually works in their favour. While the vast majority of police, military etc are focussed on a relatively small area, it leaves far softer targets wide open. This is one reason the London bombings happened on 7/7: a large number of Met officers were deployed to Scotland for the G8 at Gleneagles.

Even better, if a bunch of 4 Lions Walts decide to brass up a school or hospital in Edinburgh or Aberdeen, and the response time is slow because pretty much every AFO in the country is stagging on in Glasgow, it's a fantastic propaganda coup: your leaders left your children or your sick relatives to die because they only care about protecting themselves.

Is this the thread for all things COP26?
Bored with the News coverage already, particularly their worshipping of ‘Saint Greta’. Has she actually come up with a fully costed, brilliant solution to help the World tackle Climate Change? No? Thought not!
Anyway, if we really have to put up with this shit for the next week or so, I hope I wake up to headlines tomorrow concerning the Insulate Britain cretins being giving the good news by already pissed off Glaswegian commuters!

Ah you hit the nail on the head. Everyone will be b ored rigid by these virtue signalling clowns, who are very good when it comes to traducing capitalism but tend to be coy at postulating what the costs of their masturbatory fantasies will actually be to ordinary people. All based on the dubious precept that global adjustment is in any way related to human activity.

Last edited:

Hopefully ARRSERs can use it to continue making salient erudite observations on the whole farce for the coming 2 weeks.
Thanks. Bizarre, I put COP26 into the search engine and I only found this thread.

Is this the thread for all things COP26?
Bored with the News coverage already, particularly their worshipping of ‘Saint Greta’. Has she actually come up with a fully costed, brilliant solution to help the World tackle Climate Change? No? Thought not!
Anyway, if we really have to put up with this shit for the next week or so, I hope I wake up to headlines tomorrow concerning the Insulate Britain cretins being giving the good news by already pissed off Glaswegian commuters!

China isn't even attending, so the whole farce is doomed from the start.

You want to stop Climate Change, ladies and gentlemen? Come up with a Final Solution to the Chinese Problem. Or don't waste my fcuking time and money.

You want to stop Climate Change, ladies and gentlemen? Come up with a Final Solution to the Chinese Problem. Or don't waste my fcuking time and money.
The Chinese premier isn’t going - their climate envoy, Xie Zhenhua is however. As he has for the past ten years.

And I am not going to come up with a solution to the Chinese problem, or the whole kit and caboodle. That is why they are having this little shindig oop North.

They also need to come up with a solution to population growth in the Third World, but they won’t touch that with a barge pole!
Bunch of sanctimonious twats. Hope they choke on their Gourmet Vegan meals!

The Chinese premier isn’t going - their climate envoy, Xie Zhenhua is however. As he has for the past ten years.

And I am not going to come up with a solution to the Chinese problem, or the whole kit and caboodle. That is why they are having this little shindig oop North.

Which is further proof, if any were needed, of exactly how much this circle-jerk will accomplish.

Climate Change is the symptom. China is the disease.

Which is further proof, if any were needed, of exactly how much this circle-jerk will accomplish.

Oz ain't too far behind either! Saw a thing about Polish coal mining the other day on BBC I think? You seen it yet?
Mind boggling.

They also need to come up with a solution to population growth in the Third World, but they won’t touch that with a barge pole!
Bunch of sanctimonious twats. Hope they choke on their Gourmet Vegan meals!
There is a solution, a number of them in fact. Bill Gates is assisting in it, for which he has been labelled a genocidal commie fascist (or something) by the conspiraloon crowd.

Firstly education - specifically education of women. Apparently studies show that if you educate women in a village then you get a very good return in terms of improvements in trade, finances etc.

Vaccines (and other health measures) - means that your kids are more likely to make it to adulthood. Now that sounds stupid, but this actually decreases the amount of children families have. Look back at the UK 100 years ago and how many most families were pushing out just so that at least two would be around to look after mum and dad if they made it to retirement.

Oh and a more educated woman is more likely to tell hubby to slip on that condom or he is not getting any (or use other forms of birth control).

Because he is trying to slow down how many kids are being pushed out in the third world he is being accused of attempting to practice genocide (yeah, it doesn’t make sense to me either) and he is putting stuff into vaccines. These accusations are most often coming from the same people who are antivaxxers AND are pushing a very anti-science agenda on global warming too.

To be fair, the climate has been changing for billions of years. This self flagellation/masturbation about it all from an insignificant bunch of shaved monkeys is pretty much nothing in the greater scheme of things. It keeps the chatterati occupied while the universe lines up its next snooker shot as to which bit of rock is going to pot the blue next.

anglo

LE

When the west outsourced all our tat making to China {cos it's cheaper innit}
we also outsourced all the pollution that goes with producing tat, and then we complain
about the Chinese level of pollution
Answer, Stop buying Chinese tat

When the west outsourced all our tat making to China {cos it's cheaper innit}
we also outsourced all the pollution that goes with producing tat, and then we complain
about the Chinese level of pollution
Answer, Stop buying Chinese tat

Agreed. Also, stop selling them food. Bring back the Mao Diet. :twisted:

To be fair, the climate has been changing for billions of years. This self flagellation/masturbation about it all from an insignificant bunch of shaved monkeys is pretty much nothing in the greater scheme of things. It keeps the chatterati occupied while the universe lines up its next snooker shot as to which bit of rock is going to pot the blue next.

Ultron Walt. ;)

When-the-Earth-starts-to-settle-God-throws-a-stone-at-it.jpg

Nah, just distant horizons.

Well, a bit further than my own navel anyway...

Latest Threads