Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

COP26: Riot training for thousands of police ahead of summit

Countryboy

War hero
BBC link

A few snippets:

The global event, which will see world leaders arrive in the city this November, is expected to be policed by about 10,000 officers a day.
During August and September, roughly 2,500 public order officers in Police Scotland are to be trained.
The force says it will take a human rights-based approach, facilitating people's right to peaceful protest, while minimising disruption to the wider Glasgow community and clamping down on any serious disorder.
A coalition of more than 100 organisations is hoping up to 100,000 people will march through Glasgow on November 6 but many other protests will take place, particularly when the world leaders are in town.

A human rights based approach you say?
Should be interesting..........

Attachments

• IMG_2773.JPG
    IMG_2773.JPG
    919.7 KB · Views: 31
This time of year I would deploy a pint of cider for every protester and allow the wasps to set them free .

It's a Scottish problem as far as I am concerned. Let Sturgeon and the SNP deal with it.

Then when it all goes tits up Boris and his MPs can all moan and complain about what a poor job the SNP have done...

Last edited:
Good mate is METPOL.
He's not racist, no siree.

He'll beat the shit out of you if needed regardless of race, colour, religion or creed. There are no innocent people, only suspects.

Good mate is METPOL.

He'll beat the shit out of you if needed regardless of race, colour, religion or creed. There are no innocent people, only suspects.

(Deep breath)His Grace, His Excellency, the Duke of Ankh, Commander of the City Watch, Blackboard Monitor Sir Samuel Vimes Walt! :-D

Good mate is METPOL.

My colleagues are impressed with my egalitarian approach - I'm rude and grumpy with everyone I deal with. I find that if I treat everyone out there like they are a total c_unt then I am less often disappointed.