Coolest Computer Game moment

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by chrisg46, May 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Have you ever had a moment when you have suddenly thought to yourself "Cool...." because of a particular little touch? Ideally this will be military game cos, well, after all, what website is this???

To get things going then...
    1/ Far Cry (PC). One of the opening levels, I opened up on some bad guys first with a grenade then some rifle fire. One bloke got blown off into the distance by the grenade but the others started shooting me so i backed up, expecting them to come charging after me as they normally do in such games. This time, i glimpsed one bad guy through the jungle running off to one flank so turned to blast him...in turn i got shot by the other one who had run off to the other flank and shot me in the back! The bar stewards had flanked me!!

2/ Hidden and Dangerous 2 (PC). A german soldier shot at me from the top floor of a building. 3 shots to his chest made him react to each hit as if punched in that spot. final shot to his stomach made him fold and fall forward, but his ankle caught on the ledge as he went down, leaving his body hanging there.

3/ Joint Operations. (PC) see the theme? Was playing this online game, and was attacking some enemy in the company of some other unknown gamers. Suddenly realised realised that we were doing proper pepper potting towards them without any discussion. Also had a mortar guy plinking away a few hundred metres away!!

Anyone else? Or am i just a gaming gimp as the mrs says?

2. Your just a gaming gimp as the mrs says!!! :pc: :)

3. Hitman2

First level, go through the villa and kill all the bad guys, don't kill the french maid. When finished either go to the kitchen and pick up a knife or the garage and get the axe and chase the maid around playing "Heres Jonny", she doesn't run very well in high heels.

Oh well it floats my boat :twisted:

4. To get things going then...
    1/ Far Cry (PC). One of the opening levels, I opened up on some bad guys first with a grenade then some rifle fire. One bloke got blown off into the distance by the grenade but the others started shooting me so i backed up, expecting them to come charging after me as they normally do in such games. This time, i glimpsed one bad guy through the jungle running off to one flank so turned to blast him...in turn i got shot by the other one who had run off to the other flank and shot me in the back! The bar stewards had flanked me!!

I agree a great game, but IMHO ruined by the stupid mutant levels.

5. Black (PS2) - First level you hit an bad guy with an RPG in a clocktower and the whole tower collapses inside itself with explosions from the windows as it goes down. Also, If you throw a grenade in a room, the overpressure blows out the windows.

6. Any time i kill some on in Hitman with a meat hook, it makes me hard

7. I like it on atari! On asteriods! when you go hyperspace! and you don't know where your going to appear! hu hu hu hu ahu ahu hu hu hu!

8. MOHAA (online) I was playing a rifles only team game English Vs French (yeah the old enemy) and after a couple of rounds players started signing off untill only myself and a french chap were facing each other one on one. Playing a couple of more rounds sniping at each other I was pulling ahead with the most kills. Frenchy starts chatting to me over the IM system asking for tips on not getting shot. So I fed him a few tips while tracking round him and sneaking up behind him. The IMs read along these lines.

Frenchy: So you seem to be winning
    Me: yep (Lulling his guard)
    Frenchy: so do you have any tips you will share.
    Me: well you should always look into places where other snipers may be hiding. (spotting Frenchy standing in the middle of a street)
    Frenchy: Really, that makes sense, any more.
    Me: Don't walk right up to a window as your rifle will stick out and give you away. (moving around out of sight of Frenchy)
    Frenchy: Ah I am always doing that.
    Me: Yes I know.
    Frenchy: Is there anything else I do wrong?
    Me: Well I think I have given you enough hints. (now standing right behind him)
    Frenchy: Oh please I would like to get better.
    Me: Well you should never let your guard down. (rifle aimed at the back of Frenchys head)
    Frenchy: what do you mean?
    Me: This! (BANG)

I could not translate all of his next IM after he had re-spawned but there was something about being a shit whore.

MOHAA: £34.99
    Broadband connection per month: £19.99
    Pissing off Frenchy: FCUKING PRICELESS 8) 8) 8) 8)

9. Sorry thought i'd come into the Naafi not Yeovals C of E Scouts Youth Club.

10. Sorry did someone put gaming and cool in the same sentence?

11. It does appear we have turned into the lilt drinking, crisp guzzling, lock yourself in your room with your nintendo gang.

Computer games in the NAAFI???

Its like turning upto a beerfest with a sherry glass and expecting not to have a stein planted firmly in your kisser.

12. I am not a gamer,but i pissed myself reading this.If there is ever a chance to get the frenchies pissed off......Well done sir!!

13. Playing Operation Flashpoint Multiplayer.

I Cant remember the Map, but fight through a Ranch house of some sort and have lots of dead lying around, re arm all the blokes with G36's instead of the Ak's they had been carrying. Head out across The open ground behind the buildings toward the forest. Scout spots a Russian patrol on the next rise over from us whilst we are still in the dead ground.

6 Men get on their belt buckles, 2 Head down the way with PKM's and establish a cut off on the high ground to our right overlooking the bottom end of the intervening dead ground.

6 guys with rifles are each designated a target in the enemy Section and told to Hold fire. I wander round to the head of the re-entrant and Fire off a flare (Purely to be warry) the Pkm's open up and all the Ruskies dive to the floor and call in their Armoured suport. Riflemen kill all the Ruskies in a 1er on the command to open fire. BMP turns up. heads down the valley to the Gunners. and gets an AT4 in his back doors for the trouble. It isnt big it isnt clever but I was pleased!

Thus concludes: How I took to wearing glasses and fearing daylight!

14. Lara Croft Tomb Raider - Training quite - First time I got her down onto all fours......

15. Bet it wasn't the last though!