cool web search has anyone ever had this on their pc?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by supermark500, Sep 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone ever had this on their pc? I seemed to have picked it up somewhere last week and can't get rid of it. It's making my pc run slow and I have to try several times to even get into it. It's re-directing all search results.

Any ideas?
  2. msr

msr LE

3. Thanks. I'll try that tonight when I get home. I tried to use CWShredder yesterday but that didn't work and I couldn't download Hijack This to try and run a report on it.
  4. I have had a quick look online and sites I have found suggests it is just spyware that tries to evade normal spyware detectors/removers. CWShredder seems to be successful in removing it (edit: wrote this before you mention trying it unsuccessfully), as does performing a system restore.

DO NOT use any sensitive information when searching the web while you have this on your computer, it seems to collect your private info. So do not enter your credit card details or use internet banking. To be on the safe side, change any passwords after you have gotten rid of it.

Install Spybot Search and Destroy and Adware and regularly scan your computer for spyware like this.
  5. Can I second this recommendation? I went to the wall and back with some malware which none of the other programmes ( I tried about ten) would remove I ran this once and the problem was gone
  6. msr

msr LE

That's why I recommend it ;)

7. I have had success with Adaware and Spyware Blaster. Worth a go, although I shall bear malawarebytes in mind if I ever have a problem again.
  8. Sorry, I meant to mention that I only discovered it following one of your previous recommendations.
  9. Ok, plan B needed. That site won't load. Any suggestions?
  10. msr

msr LE

How did you get on?

11. It's worked! I can now search properly again. Many, many thanks for the help in sorting this out.
  12. msr

msr LE