Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cookie problem

On my desktop: Last night l logged in no probs then this morning -

I am asked to accept cookies

I click to accept

Then it still will not let me log in and gives me some Parsing error message

Bad CO

Admin
Can you get the exact error message pse?

I am running Firefox, have been for ages.

I went through all the cookie options and theoretically am open to any and every virus out there now.

I click on allow cookies for the site.

I am now through to the login screen.

I enter my username and password.

I am not allowed in, it tells me I must be logged in to do that (?) and I get the allow cookies message at the bottom again.

Stumped!

I keep getting this at work. I accept cookies, try to log in, then get an "Oops, we seem to have run into some problems." banner.

I keep getting this at work. I accept cookies, try to log in, then get an "Oops, we seem to have run into some problems." banner.

Yes, thats the one.

I switched off all the cookie rejecters to see if that worked and with continuous clicking got up the login page which then tells me I need to be logged in to log in.

Yes, thats the one.

I switched off all the cookie rejecters to see if that worked and with continuous clicking got up the login page which then tells me I need to be logged in to log in.

I had this a while back & fixed it by deleting all Arrse cookies whilst not on an Arrse page.

FFS! You got me all excited about the thread when I saw the word cookie in the title...it's just about some IT issues. Lame.

I could use a few of these today...nom nom.

/end thread drift

On my desktop: Last night l logged in no probs then this morning -

I am asked to accept cookies

I click to accept

Then it still will not let me log in and gives me some Parsing error message
Tried pouring milk over the hard drive?

Cleared, do it regularly to avoid the unwanted watchers.

However, I have 201kb I just cannot shift. I shall do a malware run this morning.

Aha! Fixed!

Thanks Boss:):)

A bit of a false hope yesterday. Logged out and could not log back in again - still the same cookie issue.

Sequence:

1. Arrive on page, at the bottom there are the [Accept Cookies] [Learn More] buttons.
2. Click on [Accept Cookies] and the buttons vanish.
3. Click on [Sign In]
4. The message: OOPS we ran into some problems. Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them...... is then displayed and it iterates for every click.

I have tried allowing any type of cookie and tracker, clearing cache, emptying cache etc. It just stopped allowing Sign in from one day to the next with no changes being made at my end.

HHH

GCM
A bit of a false hope yesterday. Logged out and could not log back in again - still the same cookie issue.

Sequence:

1. Arrive on page, at the bottom there are the [Accept Cookies] [Learn More] buttons.
2. Click on [Accept Cookies] and the buttons vanish.
3. Click on [Sign In]
4. The message: OOPS we ran into some problems. Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them...... is then displayed and it iterates for every click.

I have tried allowing any type of cookie and tracker, clearing cache, emptying cache etc. It just stopped allowing Sign in from one day to the next with no changes being made at my end.

Have you tried just signing in and don't click the "accept cookies" at all ?

Have you tried just signing in and don't click the "accept cookies" at all ?

Yup! I just get the "Oop's ..................... cookies are required" message.

Has to be something at that end as I never changed any settings and had no updates.........unless an updated was sneaked in when I was not looking.

HHH

GCM

Just done all those and still no joy.

I shall load up chrome tomorrow and see if that gets around it.

It's not a Firefox issue, as I have the same problem on some computers at work, using Win7/IE (not sure of IE version).

I have been running Firefox for around 4 years now and had no issues. I reckon it is something at the ARRSE site end as I have no other issues when anything else asks for cookie's.

Not growling at the CO's as I know how difficult systems maintenance can be especially using a third party to host.

Google Chrome appears to allow the site to work.

I hate google chrome, fcukin hate it.

Sadurina

Old-Salt
Effendi - I have exactly the same problem, except that I can log in (evidentally) from the old laptop running 52.9.0 (32-bit) Firefox, but get the same fault as you, using 64,02,2 (64 bit).

Did anyone have any clues what is wrong?

Effendi - I have exactly the same problem, except that I can log in (evidentally) from the old laptop running 52.9.0 (32-bit) Firefox, but get the same fault as you, using 64,02,2 (64 bit).

Did anyone have any clues what is wrong?

Wah

It's Firefox at a guess.

Wah

Latest Threads