Cookie Collection Tab

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by toffeewrapper1, Jul 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As of today,I have a green tab appearing(and staying) in the bottom left hand corner of my screen.Is it a permanent thing or is it going to bugger off soon(ish).Please don't ask for a screen shot as I'm computer illiterate.

2. It'll be a Captain in a week.

• Like Like x 1
  3. HHH

HHH LE

Here is a screen shot;

Capture cookie.jpg

It also appears on the file upload page.

4. Same here, it takes you to Cookie Law Compliance Solution | Cookie Control by Civic

The "Read More" states
    This site uses some unobtrusive cookies to store information on your computer.Some cookies on this site are essential for basic site functions such as being able to log in. Some are non-essential and used for purposes such as anonymously tracking visitors or enhancing functionality of the site. Additionally we do set third party advertising cookies which are essential for us to maintain an income through advertising.For full information please see ourPrivacy Policy. This contains detail about each cookie and explains how to opt out of third party advertising cookies.

5. Nobody likes a show off! :threaten: :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  6. It would appear to be a compliance tool added to the site by the CO's to comply with their requirements under the new cookie legislation.

7. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

8. cookie-monster.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. HHH

HHH LE

I am aware of the need for the authorisation to use cookies, but does the green triangle have to remain on the page after I give my consent? So far any other sites that I've visited the consent banner disappears after I've agreed to their use.

10. I was just popping in to complain about it, I thought I was the grumpiest git here... Wrong again.

11. I have never gotten one of those on my screen. I feel left out. Nobody loves me and I am going off and sulk.

12. Look on the bright side. The fact you do not get one is down to the CO's, they have to make an informed choice with the software to ignore certain countries and their inhabitants.

Its specifically aimed to make you lot over the pond feel left out ;-)

13. Are you guys still pissed off about July 4th 1776 and the War of 1812? That was a long time ago. Even Tropper was a kid then.

• Like Like x 1
  14. You don't want us to come over and make you repaint the White house again do ya Dave? Do ya?

• Like Like x 1
  15. If you could come over soon and make sure the occupants are inside I would be grateful.