Conyony Milk Butties

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Bad_Crow, Feb 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Forgive me I wasn't around in the Seventies.

What the fcuk is my old man on about?

2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I've just swallowed my biro!

3. What colour was it :?

4. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Black and it was my last one.

Damm you black biro fairy, damm you.

5. Try and half shit it out then crouch down and write your name.

Anybody any wiser. This came out because I said I was eating a cheese and jam butty!

6. Conyony, was condensed milk. It came in a container that resembled a toothpaste tube. It was issued as part of the old style compo ration. Whilst not likeing it myself, many squadies loved it.

7. use to spread it on bread...was nice on ex but not back home

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Ah lovely stuff, mind you condensed milk in a can was great! Bring back the 70's, I'll be young and fit again!

9. I'll be technically dead. Bad Idea lets not? How does early 80's suit you?

10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Early 80's I was sweating like a blanket stacker on a BFT.
    I was in green baggy skin sept 81 and boy I looked good in DMS, Puttees and shirts itchy.

11. Being allergic to egg I couldn't have formula milk as a baby (made with egg in early 60's apparently. I was however brought up on condensed milk apparently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condensed_milk

Condensed milk, also known as sweetened condensed milk, is cow's milk from which water has been removed and to which sugar has been added, yielding a very thick, sweet product that can last for years without refrigeration if unopened. The two terms, condensed milk and sweetened condensed milk, have become synonymous; though there have been unsweetened condensed milk products, today these are uncommon. Condensed milk is used in numerous dessert dishes in many countries.

12. Banoffee pie for one, Simply boil the can for a couple of hours, then use the 'toffee' contents

13. Or just whip the toffee in with double cream to make toffee sauce.
    Oh god I'm slavering again... :drool: