Convoy and Riggers book

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by convoy_cock, Jul 19, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Morning NAAFI bar

Myself and a friend have just completed a book. It's been proof read and we're now hoping to foist it on to an unwilling public.

We've spent the last year and a half writing it under a single pseudonym and are now looking to get it published. We're sure we've written something that people will want to read. It's the story of a lad joining the army and his adventures over the years that he's in. The thing that we feel that we've brought to the table thats new, is that the book is entirely comedic. No serious points are made AT ALL.

Anyone whos read my posts in the NAAFI bar will catch my drift. The book focuses completely on the aspects of army life that have always made me laugh.

As we've been writing, we've been passing on bits and bobs to a couple of site members (MDN, Aunty Stella etc) to make sure we're hitting the spot, and the feedback has been very favourable so far.

We're now going to tread the weary path of turning the manscript into something that can be bought on Amazon! We'll take the usual route and will self publish if we can't find an agent/publisher. All I ask of ARRSE members is if you know anyone in the industry or of a way you might be able to give me a nudge in the direction, to give me a shout on PM.

2. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

I've been asked to put this up in the NAAFI as this is one of the places where both Convoy and Rigger have thrived, entertained and made nearly all of us fire a trickle of mirth p1ss into our pants.

This from Convoy

I'd like to wish the pair of you the very best of luck, and I'm positive that 200 copies won't be enough to satisfy the demand of the NAAFI punters.

May I order copy number one, I'll give £50 for it, if you skiff it for me

Buy online here
  3. My order is in, not for a skiffed one though, although if you could both stick a couple of pubes on the front inside page it would be appreciated.
  4. I'll definitely be purchasing one. Well done to you both.
  5. Emailed my request. Bout bloody time as well nice one lads :D

Some artistic range glue stains in the shape of jimmy would be nice as well if you are doing personal requests :wink:
  6. I've had the privelidge to be able to have a gander at a couple of chapters and can honestly recommend the book.

If you like Convoys post on here then its right up your alley, no warryness, no tales of heroism and not a single embassy mention. Between them they have managed to capture every single little detail of life as a squaddie in the eighties and nineties.

Good effort chaps.
  7. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Mainland only - so none for us in NI? :(
  8. If the posts these pair have offered up over the past couple of years are anything to go by, the book may well leave you needing new pants, oxygen and several rib transplants...

My order is in.
  9. Ordered one too!
  10. ordering mine
  11. I had better check the bank account.
  12. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

As soon as you can ship to Oz let me know as I'll take one.
  13. By a long and circuitous route – my order is in for ‘Picking up The Brass’ (the story of a Trog, a black Ford Granada and a General after a Mess function)
  14. any chance you can post on how you want payment to be made ?