• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

convictions maximum time aloud of sentance

hi i was turned away today after 18 months of hard work trying to join when i was younger i got into alot of shit and went to prison they sentanced me to 30 months that i done 13 months of i have been to prison 2 other times but for a quater or the time so please can somebody explain to me about the time peirod and how it all works
thank u very much for all ur help

Where your convictions considered spent or unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act? Also, the nature of the offence(s) will be taken into consideration. Probably best not to say on a public forum, but what were your offence(s)? Most serious ones will be a bar to entry.

Where your convictions considered spent or unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act? Also, the nature of the offence(s) will be taken into consideration. Probably best not to say on a public forum, but what were your offence(s)? Most serious ones will be a bar to entry.
If he's been to prison on 3 separate occasions and was sentenced to 30 months as a youth he must have committed a string of very serious offenses.

Plus he clearly didn't take advantage of the education provided at the young offenders institute.

yer i did go fella lol and no winde up ... just need some help on the way it works, i have read the law on it but need to understand how the army works it out....... confused as f?:k

Serious head. Assuming this is not a wind up. As I understand it, the Services are shedding personnel hand over fist, many not to be replaced.
If you were an employer, with a very large pool to choose from, where would you put your chances?

yer i did go fella lol and no winde up ... just need some help on the way it works, i have read the law on it but need to understand how the army works it out....... confused as f?:k
Educate me

You read the law but can not write.. David Crystal would love you... he is a professor of something or other concerning the English language...

I may be known for my out there ideas, but here's one. Why don't you ask the person that knocked you back?

Fucking hell, that was hard.

cheers lads lmao fair play come for some advice and it s like being back at school ........SORRY SIRS
As your training if they accept you is going to involve quite a fair wedge of class room work then yes it's going to be very much like school, the difference being that gobbing off will earn you a place in the guard room. Raise your hands to an instructor and you will get a kicking, try and storm off in a childish rage and not co-operate - kicking and the guard room cell again.

As you were quite clearly incapable of attending school the first time and learning to shut the fuck up and listen in class and that state of affairs is still quite clearly the case even though you are now a young adult then I would suggest you look elsewhere for a career.

This website gives you ALMOST all the info you are asking for... http://www.army.mod.uk/documents/general/AFCO_Form5-U.pdf

The missing part is Army form 493 which is a guide to The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. This act decides which convictions are regarded as "Spent" and how long you have to wait unitl they are considered "spent". For some job applications then even if the conviction is "Spent" then you still HAVE to declare it.

The point to note is that it is NOT the offence that it goes by, it goes by the SENTENCE that you got.

However, nowadays some jobs - even in the Army - require you to have a CRB check as well because you might work with young people or vunerable people.

We CANNOT discuss your details here, except in a very general way, with nothing too specific, and we cannot give you an official answer that will apply to YOU. Instead you need to go to your Army Recuiting Office and have a chat with them. It could be that you can apply to join later, or it could be that you might never be accepted. Only the recruiting office can tell you that.

I hope this helps. If you want more info on the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 then there are loads of sites on google, but it isn't a quick read.

Good luck with all this, and thank you for showing interest in joining The British Army.

ehwhat

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
All good advice. But even I, who continual fall for the most obvious wind-ups on this forum, think this is a wind-up.

If I am wrong, then I think the TS69 needs to seriously consider other forms of gainful employment. It would require armed invasion and carpet bombing of the country before he/she/it would be brought in to service. And if I'm wrong on that, then my cousins in NZ are about to get a border.

I knew one or two lads who had been inside before they joined, but only once. Unless we start forming penal battalions like the Nazis and the Russians during WWII, it's a slim chance of yoou getting in. But if you still want a military career, there's a part of the French armed forces which will not judge your past too much.

Good luck.

Latest Threads