Converting midi files to something more useful like an mp3

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Gren, Oct 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there a way of turning a midi file into an mp3 or other more usable type file that can be written to a disc, and as such played on a CD player etc?

Scenario

I am a bit of a keyboard player, and as such record songs/tunes to the keyboard and then have no idea how to turn them into useful files such as mp3 or any other sort of file that can be saved to disc that can be played on a CD/DVD player

Is there a prog out there that converts them or a way of saving them, that will allow me to do this?

Please allow for IT incompetence when replying

Many thanks

2. i'm a bit of a synth geek myself. I record tunes vi midi and vst's to some software called reaper then render them as mp3

3. is there a way of just saving audio from avi files as MP3 ? I have a few music clips from youtube. I have imported them into itunes, but the sound file is actually bigger than the original avi file

4. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

5. Thanks will give it a go

6. SUPER, free, seems to convert just about anything.

7. Just tried this :) have taken a music clip from youtube converted it and put it into itunes :)

8. There are lots of software on the net and it's very difficult to say which one is the best. The majority of midi to mp3 converters are shareware. As for me, I've bought MIDI Converter Studio and never regret it.