Converting a LapTop

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
#1
I have just bought a Lap Top.

Unfortunately the software is in German only and it does not give me the option of changing languages.

Does anyone have any idea where I can get software to do this?

Many thanks.

B&T
 
#2
B_AND_T said:
I have just bought a Lap Top.

Unfortunately the software is in German only and it does not give me the option of changing languages.

Does anyone have any idea where I can get software to do this?

Many thanks.

B&T
Do you mean that Windows is in German, or the applications are?

And is the keyboard German too?

And which version of Windows are you using?

msr
 
#3
I'm guessing he's got jerry windows. B_and_T you will need to re-install windows in English, try asking around if someone has a disk.

msr, did you get your phone ok?
 

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
#4
Cheers OS. It has come with just the basic software, I need to get MS Office installed. Not to sure if Vista is worth it?
 
#5
Ord_Sgt said:
I'm guessing he's got jerry windows. B_and_T you will need to re-install windows in English, try asking around if someone has a disk.

msr, did you get your phone ok?
I'm trying not to guess anything, I'd rather have the facts.

I did get the phone, many thanks. I have also deleted your contacts and txt messages off it ;)

msr
 
#6
B_AND_T said:
Cheers OS. It has come with just the basic software, I need to get MS Office installed. Not to sure if Vista is worth it?
I am thinking of changing my laptop as it is getting a bit long in the tooth - like me. I hate too much change and have heard that MS Windows Vista is not all that it is cracked up to be - useful comments about Vista compared Windows XP would be appreciated.
 
#7
AT55 said:
useful comments about Vista compared Windows XP would be appreciated.
Best you go and do your own research into this.

msr
 
#8
AT55 said:
B_AND_T said:
Cheers OS. It has come with just the basic software, I need to get MS Office installed. Not to sure if Vista is worth it?
I am thinking of changing my laptop as it is getting a bit long in the tooth - like me. I hate too much change and have heard that MS Windows Vista is not all that it is cracked up to be - useful comments about Vista compared Windows XP would be appreciated.
Cheers msr ;)

Xp v Vista. Well I still run XP on my desktop at home and am very happy with it so see no need to upgrade, various driver issues being the main reason.

My Doris has a new PC which came with Vista installed. It runs perfectly well and have had no real issues so far. She doesn't run much more than office and surfs the internet on it so its not getting put under pressure.

I guess a lot would depend on how powerful the PC is and what you are going to be running on it. Vista takes a bit more horsepower to do the same thing as XP.

Personally I feel Vista is going to be another Xe, not really needed and not good enough to replace XP.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top