Conversion

Discussion in 'Sick Jokes' started by 52niagra, Sep 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A priest, a Rabbi & an Pentecostal preacher all served as Chaplains to the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. They would mee a couple of times a week and talk `shop` over coffee. One day someone made the comment that preaching to people isn`t too hard, a challenge would be preaching to an animal
    One thing led to another, so they ended up deciding to do an experiment. They would go up into the hills, find a bear and preach to and try to convert it.
    A week later, they are all together discussing their experiences. Father Flannery,who has an arm in a sling, and is on crutches, and various bandages on his body spoke first. `Well` he said `I went into the woods to find me a bear ,and when i found one I began to read from the Catechism. Well, that bear wanted nothing to do with me and began to slap me around. So I quickly grabbed my Holy Water and sprinkled him and , Holy Mother of God,he became as gentle as a lamb. The Bishop is coming next week to give him his first Communion and Confirmation.`

Reverend Ian, spoke next. He was in a wheel chair, with a drip and both both legs and an arm in plaster casts. In his best oratory manner, (Fire & Brimstone) WELL, brothers you KNOW that WE don`t sprinkle! I went out and I FOUND me a bear.I began to read to my bear from Gods HOLY WORD! but that bear wanted nothing to do with me. So took HOLD of him and we began to wrestle. We wrestled down one hill and UP another and DOWN another until we came to a stream. So quickly I DUNKED him and BAPTIZED his hairy soul. And just as you said, he became as gentle as a lamb. We spent the rest of the day praising Jesus`

They all turned to look at the Rabbi, who was in a hospital bed. He was in a body cast and traction,with IV`s and monitors running in and out of him,. He was in bad shape. They both said `Well?` The Rabbi looks up and said ` Looking back on it, Circumcision wasn`t the best way to start...!`